• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2019 2:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1195 posts
540 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Short 1ft extension cords, 10pk $20.39

Etekcity branded short 1 foot extension cords in black - pack of 10 for $20.39. Fulfilled by Amazon, likely no sales tax, eligible for Prime shipping. Ideal for cramped power bars, surge suppressors, and UPSes where the outlets are too close together and can’t accommodate bulky power bricks.

https://www.amazon.ca/Etekcity-10-Power ... B00ZQVVMMS
39 replies
May 13, 2015
883 posts
1213 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
can i plug them all together to make one 10 foot extension cable?

j/k ... seriously though... who needs 10 one foot extension cables?
Aug 12, 2010
778 posts
586 upvotes
BillyBill wrote: can i plug them all together to make one 10 foot extension cable?

Well assuming they Csl/UL approved and each workstation you have requres 2 plugs to be in a UPS that has the plugs together and the plugs are bricks...yeah I can think of a use for an office.
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20029 posts
4591 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
BillyBill wrote:
I think they're a good solution for wall wart adapters.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1216 posts
2526 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
BillyBill wrote: can i plug them all together to make one 10 foot extension cable?

🙋🏻‍♂️

I’ve used 8 out of the 10 I’d previously bought. It’s mostly useful for adaptors so they don’t block the neighboring wall sockets.

Yes I really had 8 adaptors around my home! Lol.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Jun 26, 2019
330 posts
810 upvotes
Make sure you check that the ground on these is actually connected.

Also, I doubt these are actually CSA rated so if you have an electrical fire your insurance may deny your coverage.
Last edited by dealzhuntr on Dec 10th, 2019 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 8, 2001
691 posts
975 upvotes
Or get them at Primecables for $1.99 each and don't need to buy 10.
https://www.primecables.ca/p-360809-cab ... cables-1ft

They are "SJT rated" whatever that means. I'm sure the ones I got had the little foil UL sticker but I could be mistaken for other PrimeCables power cables. Also lifetime warranty. No free shipping but use as filler or wait for free shipping event. Or wait for 15-20% off/20x S-Points event sales to get for cheaper

As for use of 10 I could do that. I have 6 external USB drives all with adapters by my computer, plus an Echo Dot which also use an adapter.
Discounted e-Gift Cards: WaySpa
Aug 19, 2002
418 posts
151 upvotes
Come on, don't you guys want "2-year after scales service" ? :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7921 posts
1820 upvotes
Mont-Royal
if this touch the floor and there is flooding, can we die?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Aug 19, 2002
418 posts
151 upvotes
I just checked mine and I can confirm the cords from Primecables have UL and CSA logos on them. (Made in China.)

The photos of the Etekcity cords at Amazon show the UL logo but not CSA.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12995 upvotes
BillyBill wrote: j/k ... seriously though... who needs 10 one foot extension cables?
I bought 50 of them from Monoprice.
I've used like 30 of them.

They're actually surprisingly handy.
Nov 25, 2003
630 posts
269 upvotes
I use the flat rotating 1ft cords for plugs behind appliances, furniture I want to push as close the the wall as possible.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B071KSM5DQ/

Also use the ones from the OP for outdoor outlets and power bars where the plug of an item is grounded flat or and large adapter.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19858 posts
7980 upvotes
Toronto
Exactly what I need. Thanks OP.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, Simplii
Nov 23, 2004
695 posts
1196 upvotes
Ontario
dealzhuntr wrote: Make sure you check that the ground on these is actually connected.

Also, I doubt these are actually CSA rated so if you have an electrical fire your insurance may deny your coverage.
Amazon is so sketchy for any sort of electrical products. The sheer amount of uncertified stuff they allow to be sold infuriates me (as the son of an electrician who understands the dangers and implications of what electrical products can look like if they aren't put through our rigorous certification standards in North America - which exist for a reason.). Really wish our regulatory bodies would put some pressure on Amazon to cut down on allowing that stuff because 90% of buyers don't know any better and just buy "because it's cheaper". It's all fun and games till part (or all) of your house burns down someday and insurance refuses coverage.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4263 posts
3642 upvotes
Toronto
At first I thought "1 foot extension cords? That's ridiculous!", then I looked at how they were used, and now I'm like "1 foot extension cords? That's brilliant!"
Jul 29, 2019
54 posts
46 upvotes
jm1 wrote: At first I thought "1 foot extension cords? That's ridiculous!", then I looked at how they were used, and now I'm like "1 foot extension cords? That's brilliant!"
Same here, I cant believe I've survived without them now.
Nov 8, 2005
205 posts
78 upvotes
This deal comes at a perfect time - Currently going through the process of doing cable management for all my gaming consoles and other devices on my 2 x 3.5 ft power bars.
I can't wait to look under the TV and see some sense to the madness!
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1457 posts
525 upvotes
Halton
Can someone explain why we have "adapters" on some plugs?
I don't get it, are they intentionally made to block the second plug on a wall?
Nov 13, 2017
110 posts
107 upvotes
Ontario
These also come in handy if you have any of those big wifi smart plugs that only use one outlet, but still physically block the other one because of their size.