Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Shure AONIC 5 Earbuds / IEMs (in-stock Nov 4th) - $537.09

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2020 10:42 am
Feb 17, 2019
243 posts
136 upvotes
I'm curious about these but I am in the unfortunate situation of owning a Samsung phone. These phones don't support the aptx-hd bluetooth profile that provides improved audio quality (unless you root). The Shures also lack LDAC which is Sony's proprietary improved bluetooth Codec.
Jul 30, 2018
204 posts
220 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote: Please, whoever buys these, don't just plug them into your phone, you need a quality headphone DAC/Amp.
Any suggestions for a decent quality compact set? I got the Aonic 5 but even having the deal with cables has been an awful blast to the past.

It does sound amazing plugged into my home setup though
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2169 posts
7243 upvotes
Calgary, AB
makingbaconpancakes wrote: Any suggestions for a decent quality compact set? I got the Aonic 5 but even having the deal with cables has been an awful blast to the past.

Check out the Shiit Fulla 3:
https://www.schiit.com/products/fulla-1

Less expensive the FiiO E10K:
https://www.amazon.ca/FiiO-Olympus-Head ... 3AMC2?th=1
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
Georgios21 wrote: I'm curious about these but I am in the unfortunate situation of owning a Samsung phone. These phones don't support the aptx-hd bluetooth profile that provides improved audio quality (unless you root). The Shures also lack LDAC which is Sony's proprietary improved bluetooth Codec.
Sony donated the LDAC implementation to AOSP. It's part of Android 8 and up. Nothing to do with Samsung.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
makingbaconpancakes wrote: Any suggestions for a decent quality compact set? I got the Aonic 5 but even having the deal with cables has been an awful blast to the past.

Grab a BTR5 as well...plus a short balanced mmcx cable. Then you can just have the BRT5 clipped to the back of your collar.
Banned
Oct 21, 2020
5 posts
4 upvotes
Bluetooth is a good idea but the technology is far from perfect.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
aahilyasiin wrote: Bluetooth is a good idea but the technology is far from perfect.
...plus it also has a dependent on the DAC / amp on the other end.
Nov 25, 2011
44 posts
66 upvotes
Prince Rupert
fatestkid wrote: I'm curious if Shures new Bluetooth headphones will deliver. I have owned a few 2, 3 and 5 series. By far my favorite IEMs due to the amazing passive seal.

I have their first gen Bluetooth cord and it's garbage with the SE215. Connection is weak, volume is low and sound quality is much worse than a wired SE215.
I was in the same situation with the first gen BT cord. Complete garbage particularly given the price. I called Shure and they replaced it with the RMCE-BT2. The BT2 is also on sale right now on the Shure US site for US$49.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1417 posts
902 upvotes
Montreal
mfmfmf wrote: I'm eyeing the Etymotic ER3XR which is $151 on Amazon right now. How's that compared to the ER2XR ?
I have the ER3XR, have not used them much but a warning would be they require to really go deep in-ear which I find a tad annoying. I prefer my IEMs more "over the ear". Currently I really like:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C620IGU/re ... UTF8&psc=1

Previously my main go-to pair was the 1more quads.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote:
Or if you have almost no money, for $23 USD on AliExpress, the Blon BL-03 are excellent, with killer bass and a fun sound. Best price/performance ratio by far.
I'm a sucker for these cheap headphones, will probably pick up a pair.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1068 posts
2119 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: I'm a sucker for these cheap headphones, will probably pick up a pair.
same that's why i ordered 3 from this post
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9298 posts
10312 upvotes
RedSwagDeals wrote: same that's why i ordered 3 from this post
You won't regret it.

There is actually a Blon BL-05 from this year as the BL-03 is from 2019, but most people agree that the BL-05 is a flop and not as good as the BL-03. So it's better just avoided.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5924 posts
7346 upvotes
afuiw0 wrote: I was in the same situation with the first gen BT cord. Complete garbage particularly given the price. I called Shure and they replaced it with the RMCE-BT2. The BT2 is also on sale right now on the Shure US site for US$49.
Thank you! Your comment encouraged me to contact them and they agreed to replace it but it's not clear whether I'll get BT1 or BT2.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Aug 30, 2019
82 posts
87 upvotes
Hi,
Can someone explain to a layman like me what is special about this and why it is expensive? This is just for research purpose.
Feb 17, 2019
243 posts
136 upvotes
chatbox wrote: Sony donated the LDAC implementation to AOSP. It's part of Android 8 and up. Nothing to do with Samsung.
I hear you but that isn't what I was saying. Samsung supports LDAC but doesn't support APTX-HD. It's Shure that doesn't support LDAC (last I checked). Also.. my bad I saw the OP and thought this was for shure's new wireless AONIC buds. These buds are cabled.
Sep 4, 2014
722 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FARMERBLANCHE wrote: Those are what I use
Highly recommend them if you can justify them
Also yes I do use them with my old s9+ with just the built in DAC when I use to take the train. I'm serious when I say I don't hear a f@$king thing outside on volume 4 or higher. Unbelievable.
Are these magical or something?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)