Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Shure SE215 Wireless Earphones with Bluetooth 5.0, Sound Isolating, Special Edition White - $109

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9271 posts
4892 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Shure SE215 Wireless Earphones with Bluetooth 5.0, Sound Isolating, Special Edition White - $109

*Dynamic pricing. Thanks to abshahul for the $109 price update.

This is almost cheaper than just buying Shure's bluetooth adapter (BT2).
SE215.PNG

This Shure BT2 module vs BT1 module:
  • New Bluetooth 5 wireless capability (an upgrade to prior BT1 Bluetooth 4.1 connection in previous models).
  • Premium headphone amp for improved high-fidelity audio over prior models with support for multiple codecs: Qualcomm aptX audio, aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, AAC, and SBC enable superior digital audio.
  • Improved battery life – now 10 hours vs 8 in previous wireless bundle models.
Last edited by chatbox on Mar 11th, 2020 7:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
65 replies
Oct 17, 2003
403 posts
51 upvotes
Fredericton
Still bad reviews on how unreliable connectivity is. I had the original BT band for my se215 set and it was unusable.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1640 posts
3388 upvotes
I know this isn't super useful info but this was $80 USD yesterday at Amazon.com
Still a good price at $160 CAD though.

Edit $109 CAD now, I feel validated.
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Mar 11th, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 7, 2013
686 posts
448 upvotes
Ottawa
How are they wireless when every image of them in use has them connected to wires? Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1640 posts
3388 upvotes
aidendanger wrote: How are they wireless when every image of them in use has them connected to wires? Thinking Face
Not true wireless, they are still connected to each other and an inline remote with battery/bluetooth etc. The cable is the part that enables Bluetooth functionality on an otherwise non Bluetooth pair of earbuds.
Nov 7, 2013
686 posts
448 upvotes
Ottawa
kimwoobingsu wrote: Not true wireless, they are still connected to each other and an inline remote with battery/bluetooth etc. The cable is the part that enables Bluetooth functionality on an otherwise non Bluetooth pair of earbuds.
Thanks. I just don't get how companies can advertise something as wireless when clearly that's not the case. Might as well make lactose free products full of milk! Sheesh. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
Dec 19, 2006
296 posts
95 upvotes
DarthV wrote: Still bad reviews on how unreliable connectivity is. I had the original BT band for my se215 set and it was unusable.
Owned SE215s through SE535s and enjoyed them (corded), but did not have good luck with the original SE216BT either. Connection would constantly cut out no matter which device I was using it with. Eventually it would cut out and when the audio returned it would be at full volume which is super damaging to the ear so bluetooth doesn't get any use any more. I just removed the buds and am keeping them as spares since you can pop them back on another Shure cord if you have one.
Oct 17, 2003
403 posts
51 upvotes
Fredericton
RedRon wrote: Owned SE215s through SE535s and enjoyed them (corded), but did not have good luck with the original SE216BT either. Connection would constantly cut out no matter which device I was using it with. Eventually it would cut out and when the audio returned it would be at full volume which is super damaging to the ear so bluetooth doesn't get any use any more. I just removed the buds and am keeping them as spares since you can pop them back on another Shure cord if you have one.
The type c to adapter for my pixel 3xl is starting to damage the connector on my phone, so I bought a sub $30 BT 5 adapter that my se215s plug into, works way better than the first gen band. Haven't had it drop connection yet!
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2010
1176 posts
58 upvotes
BURLINGTON
i had the first gen Se215 and i dont recall any issues with the connection, i just remember the sound was not good.
i sold them the next day. i would hope the newer gen sounds better
Jul 3, 2017
63 posts
22 upvotes
aidendanger wrote: Thanks. I just don't get how companies can advertise something as wireless when clearly that's not the case. Might as well make lactose free products full of milk! Sheesh. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
When they say "wireless", it means it connects to your device wirelessly (e.g. via Bluetooth) Besides, that's how the early Bluetooth earbuds are made. Don't tell me this is your first time seeing this type of Bluetooth earphones??
Nov 7, 2013
686 posts
448 upvotes
Ottawa
amyellow wrote: When they say "wireless", it means it connects to your device wirelessly (e.g. via Bluetooth) Besides, that's how the early Bluetooth earbuds are made. Don't tell me this is your first time seeing this type of Bluetooth earphones??
Not at all. It was more a rhetorical question about the absurdity of advertising products. If a headphone product is advertised as wireless yet has all the components of any other wired pair, excluding the connection to a device, that's not wireless. That's non-plugged at best. The entire benefit of having wireless is so the wires don't get in your way. I own true wireless buds and can't wait for the Pixel Buds 2 to be available.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9271 posts
4892 upvotes
aidendanger wrote: Not at all. It was more a rhetorical question about the absurdity of advertising products. If a headphone product is advertised as wireless yet has all the components of any other wired pair, excluding the connection to a device, that's not wireless. That's non-plugged at best. The entire benefit of having wireless is so the wires don't get in your way. I own true wireless buds and can't wait for the Pixel Buds 2 to be available.

The world is full of stuff like that...

New and Improved shampoo can't truly be new AND improved
Yorkshire pudding is not a pudding.
Jul 3, 2017
63 posts
22 upvotes
aidendanger wrote: Not at all. It was more a rhetorical question about the absurdity of advertising products. If a headphone product is advertised as wireless yet has all the components of any other wired pair, excluding the connection to a device, that's not wireless. That's non-plugged at best. The entire benefit of having wireless is so the wires don't get in your way. I own true wireless buds and can't wait for the Pixel Buds 2 to be available.
Again, it's talking about the connectivity being wireless and not the technical components. I'm sure that's what they meant, lol.

If you understand what they are trying to say, life is simpler. 🤣
Nov 7, 2013
686 posts
448 upvotes
Ottawa
amyellow wrote: Again, it's talking about the connectivity being wireless and not the technical components. I'm sure that's what they meant, lol.

If you understand what they are trying to say, life is simpler. 🤣
Oh I understand fully what they're trying to say. It still doesn't make it accurate. The buds are literally attached by a wire; I showed the ad to my 10 year old and he replied "that's a whole lotta wires for something 'wireless'". It's 2020 and this uses new tech (Bluetooth 5?), get with the times Shure...make them actually wireless. Also, the ratings are subpar so there are countless true wireless for better price with more features. 🤷‍♂️
Jul 3, 2017
63 posts
22 upvotes
aidendanger wrote: Oh I understand fully what they're trying to say. It still doesn't make it accurate. The buds are literally attached by a wire; I showed the ad to my 10 year old and he replied "that's a whole lotta wires for something 'wireless'". It's 2020 and this uses new tech (Bluetooth 5?), get with the times Shure...make them actually wireless. Also, the ratings are subpar so there are countless true wireless for better price with more features. 🤷‍♂️
That's cuz you're reading it wrong.

Does a wireless router have no wires? (The answer is no Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat) Cuz the wireless is talking about connectivity. Sure we can play technical on their use of words, but most people will say that those are wireless earbuds because of how they "connect" to their device. So it's accurate if you look at wireless from a connectivity point of view.

If we are looking at the technical term of "having-no-wires-at-all" definition of "wireless", sure, you win that argument. 🤣

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)