Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Shure SE846 IEMs earphones

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2017 12:07 am
48 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1753 posts
2721 upvotes
Pallet Town
I feel like these would reject playing the streaming music that's set to low quality from my phone...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5924 posts
7346 upvotes
Hawk25 wrote: I feel like these would reject playing the streaming music that's set to low quality from my phone...
lol
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5924 posts
7346 upvotes
isgaard wrote: Much cheaper than the $999USD on Amazon.com.

Not the lowest price (that's a week ago), still a very good price for those who missed it!
Yeah camelx3 is showing $850 last week but I don't think it got posted to RFD then. How do I hide a $1000 purchase as a necessary expense from my wife? Tips?

j/k
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
my car is worth less than these lol
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
fatestkid wrote: Yeah c[url=https://ca.***************.com/Shure-SE846-CL-Isolating-Earphones-MicroDrivers/product/B00DIUGW6A]amelx3[/url] is showing $850 last week but I don't think it got posted to RFD then. How do I hide a $1000 purchase as a necessary expense from my wife? Tips?

j/k
It got posted to RFD, but the deal came up at like 12:30 AM EST.

I bought it at that price.
Jun 3, 2008
91 posts
46 upvotes
Markham
You can tell your wife this is for her.
fatestkid wrote: Yeah c[url=https://ca.***************.com/Shure-SE846-CL-Isolating-Earphones-MicroDrivers/product/B00DIUGW6A]amelx3[/url] is showing $850 last week but I don't think it got posted to RFD then. How do I hide a $1000 purchase as a necessary expense from my wife? Tips?

j/k
Oct 26, 2015
36 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
jackskj wrote: You can tell your wife this is for her.
And then she'll wear them to the gym and then magically lose them
Banned
Oct 13, 2015
1245 posts
826 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
marc_t wrote: my car is worth less than these lol
LOL...very good point. Mine just worth $800, much less than the headphone.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
Wow these looks like $20 winners earphones...
To the moon
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
Redsanta wrote: Wow these looks like $20 winners earphones...
Shure is not the one if you want to pay for look.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
Redsanta wrote: Wow these looks like $20 winners earphones...
Clear Shells are common for high end in ear monitors (iem).

Besides, easier to see you are getting authentic Shure's when you can see the components, if you were to sell them later.

You can sell these for 500USD in a year or two.

Enthusiast Audio Market holds it's value.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1512 posts
2737 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Clear Shells are common for high end in ear monitors (iem).

Besides, easier to see you are getting authentic Shure's when you can see the components, if you were to sell them later.

You can sell these for 500USD in a year or two.

Enthusiast Audio Market holds it's value.
And someone local is trying to sell a used set for $800. $800!

I might as well buy new considering what you paid for them a week ago.

To the down voters, I'm sorry you don't understand audiophile equipment or you're too poor to buy these.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Wondering how much are the BOM for this? Making a earphone shouldnt be this expensive...?
To the moon
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
Redsanta wrote: Wondering how much are the BOM for this? Making a earphone shouldnt be this expensive...?
It's also the cost of the R&D and patent technology.

Plus you're getting so many different ear buds, a pelican case and much more.

Also Shure has the craziest warranty, they've replaced missing or even broken ear buds that someone stepped over accidentally.

These specific ones have a build in sub driver that sounds like you have a subwoofer built into your ear. Positive reviews all around.

Westone just released their first 8 driver in ear monitors, and they retail for 1599 USD.

There's a market for these and besides if you spend two or more hours listening to music or podcasts why not invest in something that lasts for years.

Plus with the noise isolation tips and multiple drivers you don't need to play your music as loud/minimize listening fatigue.
May 30, 2013
609 posts
763 upvotes
Markham
SE846 is not even considered high-end on the IEM market. Shure has KSE1500, which is a $4000 IEM. Many other maufacturers have IEMs over $2000 range. These IEMs are for the audiophile and sound engineers and stage performance uses; they are not meant to use in the gym.
Back to the topic, $950 for a SE846 is a decent deal, but sometimes they can be had for much lower.
May 30, 2013
609 posts
763 upvotes
Markham
marc_t wrote: my car is worth less than these lol
When I sold my car 6 months ago, my car was only worth 1/3 of my watch which I wear daily.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote: It's also the cost of the R&D and patent technology.

Plus you're getting so many different ear buds, a pelican case and much more.

Also Shure has the craziest warranty, they've replaced missing or even broken ear buds that someone stepped over accidentally.

These specific ones have a build in sub driver that sounds like you have a subwoofer built into your ear. Positive reviews all around.

Westone just released their first 8 driver in ear monitors, and they retail for 1599 USD.

There's a market for these and besides if you spend two or more hours listening to music or podcasts why not invest in something that lasts for years.

Plus with the noise isolation tips and multiple drivers you don't need to play your music as loud/minimize listening fatigue.
chanc2 wrote: SE846 is not even considered high-end on the IEM market. Shure has KSE1500, which is a $4000 IEM. Many other maufacturers have IEMs over $2000 range. These IEMs are for the audiophile and sound engineers and stage performance uses; they are not meant to use in the gym.
Back to the topic, $950 for a SE846 is a decent deal, but sometimes they can be had for much lower.
Can you find out how much the cost of goods? Its not like theres a diamond inside... just a bunch of silicone, wafers, plastics, some metals perhaps, and earbuds...
To the moon
May 30, 2013
609 posts
763 upvotes
Markham
Redsanta wrote: Can you find out how much thef cost of goods? Its not like theres a diamond inside... just a bunch of silicone, wafers, plastics, some metals perhaps, and earbuds...
Sure, we do not know the manufacturing cost of the product. If you just factor in the material cost, everything you buy will only cost you a few dollars.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1306 posts
1551 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Main benefit of the new design is the replaceable cables. I have an old 530 and find one wire cutting out. A shame since the unit still works like new.

If taken care off these should last many many years.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)