Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Sid Meier's Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch - $17.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2021 3:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 7, 2011
2381 posts
4433 upvotes
Windsor

[Amazon.ca] Sid Meier's Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch - $17.99

All-time lowest for this game.
Link: https://www.amazon.ca/Sid-Meiers-Civili ... deals0c-20
11 replies
Member
Jan 12, 2007
399 posts
72 upvotes
Any inexpensive ways to get the expansions?
Member
Mar 26, 2007
230 posts
126 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote: $2 off is a hot deal??
I think you should always take Amazon's prices (regular and sale) with a grain of salt. I find their scheme deceptive - sale is not always a good price, and regular can sometimes be inflated, and both might change at any moment. Even their stock levels (e.g. "only 1 left") are questionable.

For whatever reason, this game is listed as 29.99 at BB, where it usually matches.

Anyway, it was FREE several months ago from Epic (maybe?). No time machine though - $20 is not bad for any game, but it's obviously not super popular or highly rated.
Sr. Member
Dec 24, 2012
503 posts
591 upvotes
Terrebonne
Happosai wrote: I think you should always take Amazon's prices (regular and sale) with a grain of salt. I find their scheme deceptive - sale is not always a good price, and regular can sometimes be inflated, and both might change at any moment. Even their stock levels (e.g. "only 1 left") are questionable.

For whatever reason, this game is listed as 29.99 at BB, where it usually matches.

Anyway, it was FREE several months ago from Epic (maybe?). No time machine though - $20 is not bad for any game, but it's obviously not super popular or highly rated.
It's listed at 19.99 on Walmart.

And the game was never meant to be super popular, it's a niche... But it's actually been very well reviewed and fans love it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 23, 2007
1795 posts
602 upvotes
Happosai wrote: I think you should always take Amazon's prices (regular and sale) with a grain of salt. I find their scheme deceptive - sale is not always a good price, and regular can sometimes be inflated, and both might change at any moment. Even their stock levels (e.g. "only 1 left") are questionable.
That's why we have price trackers where we can see that it's been $20 at least once a month since November.

https://keepa.com/#!product/6-B07HH8ZSMM
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2464 posts
1748 upvotes
Calgary
This is one of those games that for whatever reason, I just couldn’t get myself into. Ended up selling it for the price I paid a few days after buying. But for sure it gets lots of good reviews so YMMV.
Sr. Member
Dec 30, 2006
676 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
jarfgames wrote: This is one of those games that for whatever reason, I just couldn’t get myself into. Ended up selling it for the price I paid a few days after buying. But for sure it gets lots of good reviews so YMMV.
This, like all Civilization games requires lots of time, and patience. Once you get into a game though, time will melt away. 6hrs will fly by, as you play "just one more turn".
Member
Jun 19, 2009
436 posts
109 upvotes
Ottawa
Not a fan having to buy all the expansions separately..
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 1, 2002
9468 posts
5994 upvotes
Toronto
ipanda wrote: Not a fan having to buy all the expansions separately..
They tend to release a complete edition later on, could be worth waiting if you want all the DLC.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 1, 2005
1251 posts
623 upvotes
I have it for both switch and on steam and I find the controls for the PC version is way better.

Top