• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2018 2:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2604 posts
548 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Sigma Art 35mm 1.4 (Nikon only) $899

Seems pretty hot, grabbed one, 6 left currently. Even before our dollar (and US buyers) caused a 25% price increase in camera gear, this lens was usually $999. Historic low from a legit retailer?

https://www.amazon.ca/Sigma-340306-35mm ... B00A35X8ZG
Thread Summary
Trolls, Henry’s shills, and brokeasses shooting D3000s who have never purchased from Centre Drone talking out their asses.
57 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1462 posts
872 upvotes
Toronto
Sold by 'centre drone' will I still get the sigma warranty? Are they authorized reseller? Please advise
Mar 12, 2017
26 posts
35 upvotes
yellowmp5 wrote: Sold by 'centre drone' will I still get the sigma warranty? Are they authorized reseller? Please advise
No, and they have some bad history under the name Zooom. You stand a chance to get something great for nothing or something terrible for a lot.

Edit: Also read their restocking policy which is against Amazon's. I had to use Amazon to get all of my money back on an item I did not use or open. Any item over $1000 was a 25% restocking fee...

Edit 2:
The item I returned was a D750 camera body listed "New" but was actually open box that was missing items. How do I know open box, well it was in a Body+Lens box with only the body (all I ordered) and had a few hundred on the shutter count.

Edit 3:
As this is one the 3rd page I am posting it on this post as well, you are taking a gamble buying this lens as it is gray market from a dealer who does not have an amazing reputation.

Negative reviews the last 30 days from Centre Drone, as one mentioned is 9% with 2% neutral on 149 reviews. That's pretty bad for someone who sells with amazing discounts.

These are all reviews that are negative from FEBRUARY 1
I bought a 2000$ new camera and the user manual was missing which is an important document to refer to. They won't send one or get one. They just said to get the PDF version which is not practical at all. Very disappointing.
The absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. Would give a 0 out of 5 if I could. Didn't order this item as I was out of the country. Cancelled but said it was already shipped. I told them I was out of the country but a $550 item was left on front step for two weeks. Made me pay return shipping even though Amazon intervened. Major issues getting a return authorization. BEWARE!!
Buyer beware! The 7d they sent me is a grey-market camera never intended to be sold in North America. There is no instruction book, Canon registration card, or receipt linking me to the purchase, so I cannot prove ownership. I spent a frustrating morning trying to get the menu to be in English, not Chinese. The seller refuses to send me any form of receipt. I have sent a complaint to Amazon.
Purchased a lens, received a used lens instead. Return requested and authorized promptly. Shipping PR code was invalid. Paid shipping back out of my pocket for a used lens. Would not by from Centre Drone or from Maple Leaf Photo, these two seem to be working from the same geo location and have similar reviews on sending out used stuff for photo equipment!
Camera was not NEW, it was an opened camera box, had a very small scratch on the top display - no plastic protection film on either displays. Missing 2 of the 9 bundled items AC/DC + Remote - 2 months to resolve - while seller still offered same bundled product. Resolution - small refund. If I knew it would take two months to resolve, I would have returned the product the same day it arrived.
RETURN POLICY
To return merchandise for refund, customers must both obtain an RMA number through Amazon within 30 days of delivery to the shipping address (this date will be verified using the Shipping tracking number we provide), and return the merchandise so that it is received by the returns department within 15 days of the date return authorization was issued.

In order to be eligible for a return and refund, merchandise must be in the original packaging with all supplied components provided with the merchandise, including but not limited to batteries, chargers, cables, and manufacturers accessories. Shipping costs associated with returns are the full responsibility of the customer. A 20% restocking fee plus shipping fees will be deducted on all returns, unless the merchandise is defective or there an error on our part)

We scan our products by their unique serial numbers in order to keep track of our merchandise. All returned products must match the scanned serial number in order for the return to be accepted. We are not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.

Shipments that are Refused or RTS (Returned to Sender)
Any shipment that is not accepted by the buyer (refused or undelivered) and returned to sender is deducted a non-negotiable base return fee of $29.99. If the package is an express shipment, you may be charged up to $49.99.

Typographical Policy
We are not responsible for typographical or pricing errors. Please note that Pictures are for illustration purposes only. If there was a problem with this listing and it was discovered after you already received the product you are welcome to return it for a full refund as long as it is unused
RETURN POLICY 2 HIDDEN IN TERMS OF SALE
Camcorders with timers must show less than 30 minutes of use. Items with shutter counters must show less than 30 exposures.

All Receivers must be accompanied with the original box in order to be considered for a return, exchange or repair. No Exceptions

We do not accept returns on the following items: Go Pro Cameras, Apple products, NOOK and Kindle Tablets. Videos tapes, Underwater equipment or products that were submerged in water.
Last edited by SmEdD86 on Feb 9th, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2604 posts
548 upvotes
EDIT: guy above me has admitted to having some personal beef with the amazon reseller later on in this thread lol

I’ve recieved multiple $2000+ lenses from them with no issue. What is supposedly wrong with them? It ships directly from Amazon, so I can’t see returns being an issue. I got a Canon 85mm 1.2L II from them for under $2k and an x-T2 for $1719, both appeared absolutely brand new and not imported or whatever. *shrug*

I have amazon prime so I should be able to update this post when it arrives Monday.
Last edited by DFS 360 on Feb 9th, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1462 posts
872 upvotes
Toronto
SmEdD86 wrote: No, and they have some bad history under the name Zooom. You stand a chance to get something great for nothing or something terrible for a lot.

Edit: Also read their restocking policy which is against Amazon's. I had to use Amazon to get all of my money back on an item I did not use or open. Any item over $1000 was a 25% restocking fee...
Knew it was too good to be true, wallet safe. Thanks!
Mar 12, 2017
26 posts
35 upvotes
DFS 360 wrote: I’ve recieved multiple $2000+ lenses from them with no issue. What is supposedly wrong with them? It ships directly from Amazon, so I can’t see returns being an issue. I got a Canon 85mm 1.2L II from them for under $2k and an x-T2 for $1719, both appeared absolutely brand new and not imported or whatever. *shrug*

I have amazon prime so I should be able to update this post when it arrives Monday.
I updated my post with what I had got. If you read the reviews on their page they were a very mixed bag, most are great many are rough. There is also this gem I found after my ordeal https://tankstravels.com/2014/12/18/che ... nt-page-1/
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2604 posts
548 upvotes
A lot of camera places have been pulling kits apart and reselling them. I literally just received a D750 today and it had a shutter count of 141. I’m guessing they are tested at the factory. All I know is I just got a wildly popular lens for $899, with an Amazon receipt and presumably a warranty card in the box. Buyer beware I guess but I’ve spent a shit ton of money on camera gear through them on Amazon and haven’t got any sketchy gear.
Feb 5, 2017
32 posts
35 upvotes
I think the sigma lenses sold by Centre drone do not come with any Canadian warranty.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2604 posts
548 upvotes
MartinL929330 wrote: I think the sigma lenses sold by Centre drone do not come with any Canadian warranty.
What makes you think this? The warranty link in the description says full 7 year CAD warranty?
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1197 posts
967 upvotes
DFS 360 wrote: A lot of camera places have been pulling kits apart and reselling them. I literally just received a D750 today and it had a shutter count of 141.
You just got a used item, dude. They don't test cameras at the factory for over 100 clicks. 10 or 20 maybe (and VERY selectively) - but 100? That's effectively a used item.
Last edited by Masernaut on Feb 9th, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1197 posts
967 upvotes
DFS 360 wrote: What makes you think this? The warranty link in the description says full 7 year CAD warranty?
No, it doesn't. Don't mislead people. You may have just bought a grey market Sigma.
Feb 5, 2017
32 posts
35 upvotes
DFS 360 wrote: What makes you think this? The warranty link in the description says full 7 year CAD warranty?
where the heck is "The warranty link in the description"? I ctrl+f'd "warranty" and saw nothing matching your claim.

Important Information Regarding Gray Market Sigma Products

Any Sigma product that is not imported by Gentec International or purchased from an unauthorized Sigma Canadian Dealer will not be serviced under warranty regardless of the service required.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2604 posts
548 upvotes
Masernaut wrote: You just got a used item, dude. They don't test cameras at the factory for over 100 clicks. 10 or 20 maybe (and VERY selectively) - but 100? That's effectively a used item.
I’m absolutely sure it’s not used. I don’t think someone bought it, took 100 photos and returned it, it didn’t have a fingerprint or speck of dust or any accessories opened and the cardboard was tight and plastic all looked factory packed. As someone who shoots 60k frames a year, I’ll gladly take a D750 that has 100 shots on it for $1500 lol.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2604 posts
548 upvotes
MartinL929330 wrote: where the heck is "The warranty link in the description"? I ctrl+f'd "warranty" and saw nothing matching your claim.

Important Information Regarding Gray Market Sigma Products

Any Sigma product that is not imported by Gentec International or purchased from an unauthorized Sigma Canadian Dealer will not be serviced under warranty regardless of the service required.
There is a link to the warranty PDF in the description. If you guys aren’t familiar with MAP, and ways for retailers to get around MAP, you’re paying too much. I won’t name the retailer but the biggest source of hugely discounted canon price watch deals is actually an authorized Canadian retailer with storefronts. I’ve had no problem registering 3-4 lenses I’ve bought off Centre Drone through Amazon, or a CPW deal I was able to pick up *at the store* getting a 6D for like $1400.
I usually am able to sell gear for more than I paid years later. Buy at the right times of year from the right retailer and you can see why I am able to have Canon, Nikon, and Fuji systems.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2604 posts
548 upvotes
Masernaut wrote: No, it doesn't. Don't mislead people. You may have just bought a grey market Sigma.
That’s purely speculation on your part. I’m pretty sure it’s gonna show up Monday with a CAD warranty card, like all other gear I’ve bought from them, meaning the serialized lens is meant for this market. How is that grey market? I guess if they aren’t an authorized reseller, a warranty claim could be denied, but I actually was sent a promotional deal tuning dock for a sigma 50 art I bought through them after registering it on the Gentec website and sending them a scanned receipt so I think I’m comfortable saving a couple hundred bucks this way. Don’t buy it I guess but I can upload
Screencaps of $10k worth of stuff I’ve bought from them in the last year or so and everything has been spot on.
Feb 5, 2017
32 posts
35 upvotes
DFS 360 wrote: There is a link to the warranty PDF in the description. If you guys aren’t familiar with MAP, and ways for retailers to get around MAP, you’re paying too much. I won’t name the retailer but the biggest source of hugely discounted canon price watch deals is actually an authorized Canadian retailer with storefronts. I’ve had no problem registering 3-4 lenses I’ve bought off Centre Drone through Amazon, or a CPW deal I was able to pick up *at the store* getting a 6D for like $1400.
I usually am able to sell gear for more than I paid years later. Buy at the right times of year from the right retailer and you can see why I am able to have Canon, Nikon, and Fuji systems.
:facepalm: No such link on the desktop version of Amazon. The mobile version has a PDF but only says American warranty. On this sigma page or other branded camera gear page, Centre Drone never responded to the warranty questions as other authorized resellers have done.
Last edited by MartinL929330 on Feb 9th, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1197 posts
967 upvotes
DFS 360 wrote: There is a link to the warranty PDF in the description. If you guys aren’t familiar with MAP, and ways for retailers to get around MAP, you’re paying too much. I won’t name the retailer but the biggest source of hugely discounted canon price watch deals is actually an authorized Canadian retailer with storefronts. I’ve had no problem registering 3-4 lenses I’ve bought off Centre Drone through Amazon, or a CPW deal I was able to pick up *at the store* getting a 6D for like $1400.
Again, don't mislead people - there is no PDF in the description or anything regarding warranty. In fact, a customer asked about warranty and while a few sellers have chimed in, Centre Drone has not.

You stating your ability to flip your gear or how many systems you own does not build any credibility and instead, this makes you sound like a shill.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1197 posts
967 upvotes
DFS 360 wrote: That’s purely speculation on your part. I’m pretty sure it’s gonna show up Monday with a CAD warranty card, like all other gear I’ve bought from them, meaning the serialized lens is meant for this market. How is that grey market? I guess if they aren’t an authorized reseller, a warranty claim could be denied, but I actually was sent a promotional deal tuning dock for a sigma 50 art I bought through them after registering it on the Gentec website and sending them a scanned receipt so I think I’m comfortable saving a couple hundred bucks this way. Don’t buy it I guess but I can upload
Screencaps of $10k worth of stuff I’ve bought from them in the last year or so and everything has been spot on.
OK - yep. You're a shill.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2604 posts
548 upvotes
Masernaut wrote: OK - yep. You're a shill.

Fake news, or something. There’s absolutely a link to the warranty and 15 day no cost replacement on defective products. If you knew who I was you wouldn’t think I was a shill for some random amazon reseller from Quebec, and why I would have multiple systems lol. Paranoid much?

They have 2000 5 star ratings and the bad reviews I could find were like a lady who had a housing that leaked, which is on the manufacturer (canon) who replaced it UNDER WARRANTY.

And here’s a link to my actual purchase for your shill inspection /s
Last edited by DFS 360 on Feb 9th, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Feb 5, 2017
32 posts
35 upvotes
DFS 360 wrote: Fake news, or something. There’s absolutely a link to the warranty and 15 day no cost replacement on defective products. If you knew who I was you wouldn’t think I was a shill for some random amazon reseller from Quebec lol. Paranoid much?

They have 2000 5 star ratings and the bad reviews I could find were like a lady who had a housing that leaked, which is on the manufacturer (canon) who replaced it UNDER WARRANTY.
Please post the link or a screenshot