Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Silicon Power 128GB / 256GB / 512GB / 1TB for $18.99 / $25.99 / $41.99 / $81.99 SATA 3D NAND SSDs (M.2 ATL too!)

Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5769 posts
3266 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: For an OS drive, I would get an SSD with DRAM.

I would wait for Black Friday deals.
How to check if the SSD has DRAM? will the product specification would list that?
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2627 posts
1427 upvotes
burlington, on
Jep4444 wrote: I could go at length about the differences but the only real con to NVMe over SATA is that ports are more limited. If you're building a new machine, you'll likely have 2-3 NVMe ports so it's an easy decision given the prices are so similar as is. Personally, I advocate for learning to build yourself (if you have the time), you have way more control over the parts that go into it so you're less likely to end up with some garbage proprietary component.
The only thing is, building myself I will try get best deals for parts. That means, maybe today I find mother board. Then I need wait a week, maybe much more for a video card goes with that mother board. Same for HD, RAM and all rest. Once I starting finishing parts maybe I return one part because find a similar cheaper. By the time I have everything, maybe that computer isn’t anymore a great build, too expensive for what it is at that moment and here we go again!

Isn’t that the biggest problem for people building computer that wants best deals on parts?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
cayolargo wrote: The only thing is, building myself I will try get best deals for parts. That means, maybe today I find mother board. Then I need wait a week, maybe much more for a video card goes with that mother board. Same for HD, RAM and all rest. Once I starting finishing parts maybe I return one part because find a similar cheaper. By the time I have everything, maybe that computer isn’t anymore a great build, too expensive for what it is at that moment and here we go again!

Isn’t that the biggest problem for people building computer that wants best deals on parts?
Depends on how insane you are about getting the best deals. When I did my last build from scratch (2014), I just bought everything at once. After that, upgrades came in waves, in 2019 I did a major upgrade for the CPU, RAM, SSD and mobo based on an exceptional deal for a CPU involving an Amazon listing error and just grabbed the beast deals I could at the time for RAM, SSD and mobo. Next upgrade, which will happen in November is gonna be a new case, PSU and GPU, and that'll all again be based on the best deals at the time. I did buy a new SSD a few weeks back, since the deal was great and I had swapped my desktop and laptop SSDs awhile back anyways so my desktop really needed a new SSD anyways.

The gist of it is, get what you need and don't sweat a few dollars here and there and remember, PCs are outdated by the time you finish building it, just enjoy it and don't check prices afterwards (you'll make yourself crazy)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)