Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Silicon Power SSD - 128G = $26, 256G = $41, 512G = $65

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2020 6:14 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
2575 posts
1757 upvotes
Linus says DRAM less SSDs can be slower than mechanical drives in certain situations... so I'm not sure about this.
Jul 29, 2018
146 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
PerformingAzura wrote: Linus says DRAM less SSDs can be slower than mechanical drives in certain situations... so I'm not sure about this.
Only for writing large files. In the vast majority of use cases, this will be faster than a mechanical hard drive.
May 4, 2001
92 posts
78 upvotes
SP and Patriot are both Taiwan brand names. I've used both SP and Patriot for years without any problems.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
2715 posts
5378 upvotes
Winterpeg
SamG852 wrote: Any thoughts on using these as storage for a soft modded wii?
I just used a 128GB thumb drive I got for $40 and loaded it with the ones I wanted to play. Most of the time its' either bowling, Tiger Woods golf or Mario Kart. LOL.
Telus EPP - $40 30GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk/Text - Incl. Apple Watch LTE
Public Mobile $34 50GB 5G Unlimited Talk/Text Canada/US
TextNow SIM X 2 Unlimited US CAN MEX Talk/Text in US FREE! 1 CAD 1 US.
Fongo $17.99 12 month texting
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12013 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
dtaylorl wrote: Any consensus on the best between this, the Patriot Burst, and the PNY that was posted yesterday? Or are they all essentially the same since they all have no DRAM? I read a few reviews saying the controller on the PNY sometimes has problems, but I'm not going to pretend to really understand, and for all I know the other two have the same controller.
basically the same

the seagate 120 barracuda for 69.99 for the 500gb has dram and a 5yr warranty Thats the goto today if staples.ca still has stock with coupon.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)