[Amazon.ca] SimplyProtein Bar (various flavours) $11.91 for box of 12

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2021 1:29 pm
[OP]
Mar 22, 2007
109 posts
275 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] SimplyProtein Bar (various flavours) $11.91 for box of 12

They're back: Amazon has a bunch of SimplyProtein bars on sale for nearly half off. These are great because unlike most protein bars they're very low in sugar (1g) and high in fibre (7g). 15g of plant-based protein.

(edit): Packs of 4 bars are also on sale: $3.97, normally $6.99.

Normal price is $21.98 for a dozen, down to $11.91 for the following flavours:

* Lemon Coconut
* Chocolate
* Cocoa Raspberry
* Peanut Butter Chocolate (which appears to be OOS at the moment)
60 replies
Mar 4, 2019
30 posts
22 upvotes
Thank you, in for one of the Peanut Butter Chocolate, not in a rush. These ones don't give me crazy weird gas like the Pure Protein bars, probably because they're not packed with Sugar Alcohols.
Oct 14, 2009
511 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
Never tried them, but for this price I will - Thanks OP!
Dec 17, 2013
175 posts
168 upvotes
Victoria
price and macros seem decent. I usually get QUEST bars but they expensive af. Will try a case, thanks OP
Jun 21, 2016
282 posts
449 upvotes
Toronto/Barcelona
Gonna try the Lemon Coconut & Cocoa Raspberry.

Thanks OP :)
Dec 10, 2014
868 posts
696 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dollar a bar, gonna try it out. Thanks op
Jul 2, 2018
165 posts
100 upvotes
jetertmac wrote: Has anyone tried these bars before?
Yeah I like these personally :)
I like the texture of the bars and flavours aren't bad either. The protein content is 15g per bar!
Nov 24, 2016
485 posts
568 upvotes
jetertmac wrote: Has anyone tried these bars before?
I tried the lemon and also the raspberry one. They both tasted trash but the lemon one was better. Raspberry one tasted like chemicals.

I'm gonna try the chocolate now. Usually chocolate is un fu ck able.
Apr 24, 2013
574 posts
312 upvotes
Crna Gora
The best ones, by any categorie measured, by far, are the Kirkland protein bars. Best calorie/protein ratio + the ingredients are much better than any protein bar out there
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4013 posts
1867 upvotes
BC
nimfomanijak wrote: The best ones, by any categorie measured, by far, are the Kirkland protein bars. Best calorie/protein ratio + the ingredients are much better than any protein bar out there
Yes and they will cause gut pain and noxious fumes that will kill all life within a 5m radius of you.

..or at least they used to - did they change the formula?
Jul 17, 2008
76 posts
161 upvotes
GTA
I still have most of the ones I bought last time this deal was around. Never have I heard such extreme sounds from my stomach until I had these, in addition to the pain and gas. These caused me a few sleepless nights before I figured out these were causing it. Likely the inulin (chicory root fibre).
Jul 17, 2008
76 posts
161 upvotes
GTA
Feegus wrote: Yes and they will cause gut pain and noxious fumes that will kill all life within a 5m radius of you.

..or at least they used to - did they change the formula?
Kirkland bars have IMO fibre instead of inulin now. I never had the old recipe but I understand why people got scared off, as these bars have the same effect on me.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4013 posts
1867 upvotes
BC
sevsev wrote: Kirkland bars have IMO fibre instead of inulin now. I never had the old recipe but I understand why people got scared off, as these bars have the same effect on me.
So they DID change the recipe? Nice.
These Simply Protein bars have chicory root fibre as well and I can't afford any more casualties so back to Kirkland I go!
Dec 3, 2013
189 posts
167 upvotes
Raspberry was awful IMO. Chocolate, pb chocolate and lemon coconut are not bad. They go on sale for $1/bar at Costco quite often it seems.