Scratch resistant mineral
40mm
21 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16162 posts
3973 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Reminds me of my skagen watch during the university days, decades ago. It died randomly one day.
May 31, 2005
796 posts
386 upvotes
Beautiful watches , horrible build quality.
I’ve owned a few. Stunning and disposable.
Mar 7, 2020
242 posts
318 upvotes
Good deal, it's a designer watch, just not my jam.
Aug 30, 2009
187 posts
201 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Had horrible experience with a Skagen watch where the proprietary strap (like on this watch) fell apart after a few years of non-use, so I sent it to Skagen and they said that since the watch was out of warranty and they no longer had the suitable strap the best they could offer was some discount on a new watch, no repair was possible.

So given that experience I'd stay away from their watches with a proprietary non-replaceable strap and would recommend others do the same unless you want/consider this a disposable watch.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1588 posts
2220 upvotes
GPS - error
I've had great experience with Skagen, no technical issues whatsoever ... I still have a couple of their watches, one of them I've replaced the band since it was leather and it broke.

The company did get bought out lately so I don't know now, but before they were using reliable Japanese movements.

One of them is this one:

Last edited by escape1975 on Jan 10th, 2022 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 25, 2008
300 posts
1389 upvotes
Metrotown / Burnaby …
I also have a Skagen watch among my collection (black face, silver case, black leather strap).
i.e. this one: https://www.amazon.ca/SKAGEN-233XXLSLB- ... B0012OQZJS

And although I actually really like the thin-form factor (compared to my other bulky / dress watches), there are two things that left bad taste:

1) the original leather bracelet -albeit very comfortable- is very low quality. Essentially started disintegrating within a year, even though I never had it under water when washing hands etc. (ended up buying a replacement black leather bracelet on Amazon for about $30 which is leaps and bounds better in terms of quality...)

2) and interestingly enough but the batteries last about a year. (e.g. I suspected I got a bad batch when I replaced the first one, so I ordered the next one and replaced it myself and similar results). In comparison similar watches using batteries last me many years.

That said, this price is great, if this look fits ones style, hence upvote from me.
May 2, 2021
133 posts
139 upvotes
That’s slick! I sent it to my dad.

there’s a promo too 25$ off 175$ there’s some more skagens and some guess watches and citizen and a timex
Jun 8, 2012
320 posts
437 upvotes
Ottawa
ABOUT THE MOVEMENT
​Three-hand Quartz: This electronic watch movement features a quartz crystal that oscillates when a current is applied to it.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1781 posts
2192 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I've had these. They look fantastic and they lasted for a while until it was lost. Good watch, recommend it.
Dec 2, 2006
232 posts
150 upvotes
Chilliwack
If you had $200 to spend on a watch, what would you buy (on Amazon)? Prefer black case, metal strap, and analog (can have digital as well, but prefer main time piece as Analog).
I have an Asus ZenWatch 2 and while I like it, I'm tired of forgetting to charge the damn thing every night. I can't wait until a solar smart watch is a thing. :)
'Twixt Light and Darkness... SShadow
Oct 24, 2010
756 posts
708 upvotes
Toronto
Came for Sasha, no Sasha....
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1306 posts
957 upvotes
Montreal
For a Danish design watch with better build quality, check out Bering Time. https://beringtime.com/int/

All with sapphire crystals, many titanium and even ceramic (not just a bezel but the case itself, one of the only ones under $1K). Quality bracelets/straps.

Typically Miyota quartz movements but they now do mechanical as well. In Canada they used to have lifetime warranty. Not sure now, might be 3 years.

Nice jewelry collections for the ladies, too.

A bit more expensive than Skagen but often on sale at the Bay, Amazon and many mall jewelry stores and watch dealers sell at discount.

For a “fashion” watch hard to beat.

It was a Bering ceramic that got me into watch collecting and I now have a few and many Orient, Seiko, Bulova, etc.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3261 posts
5068 upvotes
GTA North

1.0 out of 5 stars Mesh bracelet became loose after 7 months
Reviewed in Canada on October 14, 2020
Verified Purchase
The Amazon Return and Support windows have closed now. So, I contacted the Skagen support page and never received any help. So, I have returned the watch to the Canadian repair depot. I'm not impressed with their service so far. I would not recommend this product with a mesh band.
I have heard back from FG Services the repair depot for Skagen watches. For replacement of the mesh band the cost was 92.96! The warrantee is useless, it doesn't cover anything except for the movement. That is almost the price of buying a new one.
One person found this helpful
1623280956038.jpg
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6849 posts
3367 upvotes
Debtario
Looks cool, that's about it. You're much better off picking up a cheap timex from Walmart than this TBH, truly a disposable watch.

Theta mesh band says it all, look at how it's just sandwiched into the case without lugs. Once that goes, you can forget about ever attaching a replacement band.
CanadianConsumerYEG wrote: In b4 seiko fanboys
Seiko fanboy checking in.

No sapphire
No Lume
No Dive bezel
No automatic
No 200m water resistant
No ISO rated
No JDM!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
20077 posts
3951 upvotes
Toronto
Skagens are cheap flashy fashion watches, and this one is the right price for a watch like that. I managed to get one before they sold out. Thanks OP :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)