Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Slime 24031 5-60 PSI Dial Tire Gauge - $1.98

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2022 11:51 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2019
1025 posts
3364 upvotes
west as

[Amazon.ca] Slime 24031 5-60 PSI Dial Tire Gauge - $1.98

Has bounced up and down to this price over several months.
Possible PM with Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/slime- ... 1000844140

Slime's Dial Gauge reads 5-60 PSI and BAR measurements. Features a pressure release button for quick adjustments. Maintaining proper tire pressure reduces fuel consumption and maximizes tire life
Images
  • slime.JPG
61 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7522 upvotes
BC
Great price. The amazon one appears to have PSI only (no kPa) which is a good thing IMO, but also might be a reason why Home Depot would refuse a PM.

I'm curious if the gauge will still show the pressure reading once the connection to the stem has been removed. I have a different Slime gauge that immediately goes back to zero once I break the connection. Mine does not have a pressure release button though. I assume that the button is for reducing tire pressure, but will it also hold the pressure reading after you break the connection and then return to zero after the button is pressed?
Last edited by SizzleChest on Apr 22nd, 2022 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2019
1025 posts
3364 upvotes
west as
SizzleChest wrote: Great price. The amazon one appears to have PSI only (no kPa) which is a good thing IMO, but also might be a reason why Home Depot would refuse a PM.
I think the 2nd pic (without kPa) on the Amazon page might be inaccurate. All the other ones show kPa....but description obviously says bar/PSI
..actually the pic showing someone actually using it is BAR/PSI as well. Let's just go with that.
Nov 7, 2011
96 posts
164 upvotes
Sackville, New Bruns…
in for 3 thanks 1.96 plus free shipping... not doing my part to save the environment today lol
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7522 upvotes
BC
Krrrong wrote: I think the 2nd pic (without kPa) on the Amazon page might be inaccurate. All the other ones show kPa....but description obviously says bar/PSI
..actually the pic showing someone actually using it is BAR/PSI as well. Let's just go with that.
Ah yes, you're right. Having kPA is probably a requirement to be sold in Canada.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4264 posts
7110 upvotes
Price is good, but usually if you check your tire pressure, or other pressure, you end up having to add air anyways... wouldn't it be more practical to get a pump that has a gauge as well?
Oct 4, 2010
923 posts
514 upvotes
Surrey
thanks. the pressure release feature will be helpful.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2776 posts
2425 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: Price is good, but usually if you check your tire pressure, or other pressure, you end up having to add air anyways... wouldn't it be more practical to get a pump that has a gauge as well?
Comes in handy when you want to check your tire pressure before a road trip and if everything looks good, then you don't need to fill up with air.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4264 posts
7110 upvotes
Duuuuude wrote: Comes in handy when you want to check your tire pressure before a road trip and if everything looks good, then you don't need to fill up with air.
maybe i'm a perfectionist, but whenever I use any gauge to check tire pressure, it always ends up leaking some air which puts me into filling 0.5 back. Very rarely do I check tire pressure to be releasing air, instead of having to add.
Jan 8, 2019
187 posts
809 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: maybe i'm a perfectionist, but whenever I use any gauge to check tire pressure, it always ends up leaking some air which puts me into filling 0.5 back. Very rarely do I check tire pressure to be releasing air, instead of having to add.
you need to practice better technique if you're leaking half psi Face With Tears Of Joy
Dec 23, 2008
414 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
in for 2 thx op
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4264 posts
7110 upvotes
BowenZ50772 wrote: you need to practice better technique if you're leaking half psi Face With Tears Of Joy
yeah for sure.. I am terrible at checking the tire valves, totally admit it ;)
Mar 1, 2018
100 posts
91 upvotes
L8E2P2
Been looking for this, thanks OP!
Jan 7, 2019
192 posts
93 upvotes
dogdayafter12 wrote: Sure you are. Found on web so must be true:
"When tires are not inflated to the pounds per square inch (PSI) rating recommended by manufacturers, they are less “round” and require more energy to begin moving and to maintain speed. As such, under-inflated tires do indeed contribute to pollution and increase fuel costs."

In for 4....we are 4 car family. Now that's not good for the environment.
We’re a 1 car per person (average) kind of world, now that’s not good for the environment
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2020
1083 posts
3304 upvotes
Thanks OP. Always double checking with analogue gauge after filling up with air.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2019
1025 posts
3364 upvotes
west as
He dead.

RFD effect has tripped the dynamic pricing.
Track it on the camels as it might drop again based on recent history
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2008
1860 posts
511 upvotes
damn, missed it i think. shows $11,21 for me. Disappointed But Relieved Face