Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Slime Tire Plug Kit with T-Handle - $2.75

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2021 9:44 pm
15 replies
Oct 22, 2005
927 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
Still waiting for mine to be delivered from the sale previous week or so ago... was $2.25 last sale...

grabbed two more at this price as well for our other vehicle emergency kits.

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2008
1197 posts
257 upvotes
End of nowhere
In for one, even it's Temporarily out of stock.
May 20, 2004
717 posts
719 upvotes
Does this store well in a car throughout a winter or is the compound compromised after being exposed to freezing temperatures?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1839 posts
2039 upvotes
Is it safe to continue driving with a plugged tire?

I’ve patched a few tires and have just kept driving on them. The nail fortunately was only in the tread area— if it punctured the sidewall then maybe I would replace the tire
Wallet safe...
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1499 posts
2391 upvotes
Hammonds
D0ntgiveajack wrote: Is it safe to continue driving with a plugged tire?

I’ve patched a few tires and have just kept driving on them. The nail fortunately was only in the tread area— if it punctured the sidewall then maybe I would replace the tire
Double negative dude here and can't see why it wouldn't be safe. Isn't that the point? If anything the wear should normalize height and smooth the plug to match the tire. I thought it wasn't recommended to patch within 3cm of sidewall?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2012
1335 posts
617 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: Double negative dude here and can't see why it wouldn't be safe. Isn't that the point? If anything the wear should normalize height and smooth the plug to match the tire. I thought it wasn't recommended to patch within 3cm of sidewall?
I've driven on two patched tires for about a year. YMMV
-_-
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
3380 posts
6374 upvotes
YEG/YYZ

Yes. I've patched 4 tires with a plug kit and they've all held air. No fear going 120+ kmh either. All been patched 2+ years.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto

According to the instructions provided, this kit is for temporary repairs only

DANGER! This repair kit is only suitable for emergency tire repairs to enable vehicles to be driven to a service center where proper repairs can be made to the tire. Not intended for use for major tire damage. Radial ply passenger car tires may only be repaired in the tread area. No repairs are permitted on the bead, sidewall, or shoulder area of the tire. Extreme caution should be used while using tools to prevent injury. Eye protection should be worn while repairing tire.
Destiny is all
Oct 17, 2021
606 posts
1384 upvotes
CanadianConsumerYEG wrote: Yes. I've patched 4 tires with a plug kit and they've all held air. No fear going 120+ kmh either. All been patched 2+ years.
Same here, this kit works well.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1839 posts
2039 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: According to the instructions provided, this kit is for temporary repairs only

DANGER! This repair kit is only suitable for emergency tire repairs to enable vehicles to be driven to a service center where proper repairs can be made to the tire. Not intended for use for major tire damage. Radial ply passenger car tires may only be repaired in the tread area. No repairs are permitted on the bead, sidewall, or shoulder area of the tire. Extreme caution should be used while using tools to prevent injury. Eye protection should be worn while repairing tire.
told you... it's definitely a risk driving on it.
Wallet safe...
Banned
Apr 14, 2004
1394 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
Dhanushan wrote: According to the instructions provided, this kit is for temporary repairs only

Patch definitely better than a plug. But that statement is a CYA statement.
Sep 6, 2018
151 posts
248 upvotes
Dead? I see $12.49

Would have scooped a few of these up.
Last edited by Andar1911 on Dec 1st, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo
May 11, 2002
223 posts
62 upvotes
GTA

The literature always say this is a temporary solution and should be patched properly but I've patched at least several tires over 20 years and not once has it ever failed. If one is paranoid then take it into the shop and fix it properly.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)