Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Smart Bulbs LED Light Bulb 4 for $35.59

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 8:25 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 6, 2010
70 posts
94 upvotes
Mars

[Amazon.ca] Smart Bulbs LED Light Bulb 4 for $35.59

Smart Bulbs LED Light Bulb WiFi E26 Dimmable Bulbs Works with Alexa, Google Home, Nooie Multicolor A19 60W Equivalent 800LM 2800K-6000K RGB Color Changing Bulb (10W) with Schedule & Timer 2.4GHz WiFi UL Listed (4 Packs)

After $10 amazon coupon
Images
  • smartlight.jpg
69 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12666 posts
3429 upvotes
Scarberia
DealHunterRFD wrote: Smart Bulbs LED Light Bulb WiFi E26 Dimmable Bulbs Works with Alexa, Google Home, Nooie Multicolor A19 60W Equivalent 800LM 2800K-6000K RGB Color Changing Bulb (10W) with Schedule & Timer 2.4GHz WiFi UL Listed (4 Packs)

After $10 amazon coupon
35 no Txs...i got this last week... Works well with either google voice or alexa... U need to use the Nooie app... NOT the home Nooie app... I like how u can set different white colors. Like ivory.. Raised Hand Reccamend these at 35$ for 4


Another pro. These are small but they r pretty heavy so it fits into smaller lamps and housings so that is a plus! Way better den those huge Walmart merkury bulbs
Last edited by mikka2017 on Oct 26th, 2020 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Member
Feb 23, 2017
293 posts
233 upvotes
Costco also has globe smart rgb bulbs 3 for 29 which is about the same price as these. I don't have either of them so can't speak to which is better.
Member
User avatar
Jan 24, 2011
339 posts
67 upvotes
Montreal
Put the brand in title please! Thanks
-------------
Public Mobile : Unlimited talk and text, 2GB - 22$
Zoomer Wireless : Unlimited, 6 GB - 40$ (free P30 Lite, 100$ credit)
IVC Cable : 100/30M Videotron cable - 40$
Jr. Member
Aug 3, 2014
168 posts
222 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Elysianlight wrote: Costco also has globe smart rgb bulbs 3 for 29 which is about the same price as these. I don't have either of them so can't speak to which is better.
avoid the globe ones from costco. i bought and eventually returned all my bulbs as the RGB LED's eventually failed and only the White LED were functioning.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1325 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone been able to set these up with Google Home for creating a strobe or rainbow (alternating colours) effect? Was trying to play around with the Nooie, Google Home and SmartLife app, but gave up after a while. Haven't had a chance to properly google it, but thought I would ask here as I'm just dabbling into this along with IFTTT.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1453 posts
781 upvotes
Burnaby
jumperson22 wrote: Has anyone been able to set these up with Google Home for creating a strobe or rainbow (alternating colours) effect? Was trying to play around with the Nooie, Google Home and SmartLife app, but gave up after a while. Haven't had a chance to properly google it, but thought I would ask here as I'm just dabbling into this along with IFTTT.
There's a theme in the Nooie app called "Floating" which does exactly what I think you're asking for here
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1453 posts
781 upvotes
Burnaby
Also, thanks OP...got these during Prime Day sale and they work great

Since they were at "sale" back then without the discount, I ordered another set which I will return as-is against my original order
Member
Feb 25, 2018
293 posts
217 upvotes
Newbie on these smart bulbs here.

If I had the light switch to these bulbs on the "off" button, the bulbs won't turn on even if i control / turn them thru the app, correct?

Meaning I have to always have the switch on the "on" side?

Just wondering how these would work say if a roommate wants to turn these bulbs on if I'm it home and I turned them off thru the app.

Any explanation would help, thx!
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12666 posts
3429 upvotes
Scarberia
Fathamsta wrote: Newbie on these smart bulbs here.

If I had the light switch to these bulbs on the "off" button, the bulbs won't turn on even if i control / turn them thru the app, correct?

Meaning I have to always have the switch on the "on" side?

Just wondering how these would work say if a roommate wants to turn these bulbs on if I'm it home and I turned them off thru the app.

Any explanation would help, thx!
Yup its gonna mess up the on off using voice or app... U need the switch to be ON all the time.. Just tell ur roommate the voice command
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 19, 2013
1903 posts
1224 upvotes
Ottawa
The price is back to original price but discount is $20 now (total $1 more)
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 24, 2009
126 posts
129 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Been looking for a way to automatically make the bathroom lights dim at night.

I was wondering, if I do have these on a traditional light switch (or a smart light switch), that will physically cut the power to them (on/off), when they go off, and then switch to on, will they remember the last state they were in (colour/temperature/brightness)? Or do they default to some standard state after a power cut?

How long does it take for them to re-connect to wifi after a power cut? Thanks!
Mobile: [Koodo $43 (11GB,UnlCanCall,UnlIntText,VVM,VoLTE)], [Fido+VoIP.ms $15+$0.85 (3GB,PPUCanCall,PPUCanText,VVM)], [Freedom $16.17 (12Month 5GB HOME-416MB,UnlCanCall,UnlIntText)]
Internet: [Telus $60 (75/20-UnlData)]
Sr. Member
Jan 12, 2003
661 posts
254 upvotes
519
TestAcc wrote: Been looking for a way to automatically make the bathroom lights dim at night.

I was wondering, if I do have these on a traditional light switch (or a smart light switch), that will physically cut the power to them (on/off), when they go off, and then switch to on, will they remember the last state they were in (colour/temperature/brightness)? Or do they default to some standard state after a power cut?

How long does it take for them to re-connect to wifi after a power cut? Thanks!
I am about to do the same thing ; my plan is to replace my smart switch with a smart dimmer , and then in home assistant sent it to auto dim to X% if state is on and time between. y &Z
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo
2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card
2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt
2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 24, 2009
126 posts
129 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
slade wrote: I am about to do the same thing ; my plan is to replace my smart switch with a smart dimmer , and then in home assistant sent it to auto dim to X% if state is on and time between. y &Z
Yea, that's what I was considering. But if you replaced ur smart switch with a smart dimmer, you don't need smart bulbs. Just regular dimmable bulbs will do.
My issue is I have TP-Link switches, and I don't really like the look of the TPLink Dimmable Switches (I like the touchpad dimmable switch design better). And my OCD won't really allow me to have all TPLink switches, and 1 non-tplink switch (plus the hassle of a different app for the switches). I'd sooner just wait for TPLink to adopt a touchpad design for their dimmable switches.

But in the meantime, if these bulbs can remember state while powered off (or even remember a schedule). They can auto-dim when powered on (depending on time), even when running off a normal tplink (non-dimming) switch. Although buying enough of these (my bathroom vanity has 6 sockets) are probably as expensive as 1 dimmable light switch, which my OCD also would make me need to fill all the sockets...
Mobile: [Koodo $43 (11GB,UnlCanCall,UnlIntText,VVM,VoLTE)], [Fido+VoIP.ms $15+$0.85 (3GB,PPUCanCall,PPUCanText,VVM)], [Freedom $16.17 (12Month 5GB HOME-416MB,UnlCanCall,UnlIntText)]
Internet: [Telus $60 (75/20-UnlData)]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 19, 2005
852 posts
15 upvotes
The coupon code is now 20 off but price is higher. Works out to be 36.99. Deal isn't as good but still under $10 a bulb - just wanted to update.

Top