Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Smart Bulbs LED Light Bulb 4 for $35.59

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 8:25 pm
Oct 14, 2020
3 posts
Ordered! Thanks OP.Reviews were mostly positive. Lets see how it works out.
Jan 12, 2003
658 posts
253 upvotes
I wasn’t going to order these , then Amazon said hey order within 26mins and get them today , so here we are , waiting on Intellicomm to visit lol

I might toss these into the ceiling fan .
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo
2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card
2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt
2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Jan 12, 2003
658 posts
253 upvotes
I will let you know the answer the state question , once my bulbs arrive , if no one else has by then .

Hue bulbs do kit remember the last state , I have 2 of them and the one In the fan for the stove always gets reset by accident .

My other solution is to have home assistant turn on the lights at 9pm , set to dim , and turn back off , if they remember the state this will work great , as I’ll turn them back on at 6am and set them all back to 100.
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo
2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card
2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt
2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4130 posts
1487 upvotes
GTA
mikka2017 wrote: 35 no Txs...i got this last week... Works well with either google voice or alexa... U need to use the Nooie app... NOT the home Nooie app... I like how u can set different white colors. Like ivory.. Raised Hand Reccamend these at 35$ for 4

Another pro. These are small but they r pretty heavy so it fits into smaller lamps and housings so that is a plus! Way better den those huge Walmart merkury bulbs
How's the brightness of the colours? The costco ones were very dim, they couldn't even light up the ceiling.
Feb 2, 2008
107 posts
71 upvotes
Colours are decent, voice command for setting the colours is off a bit, for example a true purple is magenta etc, yellow comes off more green, and there are 4 different shades of white, its more a matter of learning to use the right commands for the colours, a little un intuitive but it is what it is. the colours are a bit dimmer than white (compared to Hue the white is also a bit dimmer and a different shade, typical as everyone does things different and the bulb design on hue has more side firing LED's and this tend to shoot up (or down depending on how you install them), but they are a great build with colour for 9 dollars a bulb!

These didn't replace my hue bulbs as I hoped, but I did supplement them into lower fixtures to add mood lighting to my room which is very nice. I also installed these with the smartlife app (I try to use as few separate apps as possible) They also did not like my 2.4g TPLINK router and I had to put them on my old linksys. Why I don't know but they wouldnt pair otherwise. Pretty happy with these as hue bulbs are 20 a shot most days and no colour at that price.
Feb 14, 2020
14 posts
11 upvotes
Winnipeg,MB
Its pretty bright. I tried them in our bathroom while i was setting it up and its a lot brighter than the bulbs we have now (phillips A19 dimmable 5k lumen in daytime x 2) i havent played around with it since the room that where i wanted to put it is in reno.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8412 posts
1308 upvotes
Vancouver
Total nube on these. Can I use these without home automation like Alexa ( hate those things)

Do I need a bridge or can I control from my phone
Autocorrect sucks
Aug 26, 2008
149 posts
46 upvotes
Barrie
Elysianlight wrote: Costco also has globe smart rgb bulbs 3 for 29 which is about the same price as these. I don't have either of them so can't speak to which is better.
Another poster mentioned that the colors failed, mine haven't. But these bulbs are only useful on white. The colors are far too dim to be useful for anything. (The Globe bulbs from Costco). I have 3 of them in lamps in the living room. Aside from setting them to red and playing the Imperial March on the living room google mini when I'm coming downstairs to mess with my girlfriend, they're completely useless for any level of colored light.

The Nooie bulbs on the other hand, are pretty good. I bought this 4pack of them at a higher price a couple months ago, and then bought another 2pack on Prime Day. This was the cheapest so far, grabbed another 4pack here. This lets me do pretty much all the places I wanted to swap over.

My only complaint is that setting the color over google voice commands doesn't seem to be very accurate, but I haven't played with it that much.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2627 posts
1200 upvotes
Those RGB bulbs are too big. Had they been smaller, I'd use them in my pair of Costco Himalayan sand lamps

The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1322 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
kooltilltheen wrote: There's a theme in the Nooie app called "Floating" which does exactly what I think you're asking for here
Thanks. I'll give it a try. I just noticed that since I set it up in my Google Home and Smart Life app, they're no longer in the Nooie app (it asked me to reset them to the flashing blue state, so probably tried to pair it again).
Oct 26, 2003
999 posts
144 upvotes
Ottawa
Larkstarr wrote: Showing $57 with no coupon now :(

Missed it!
You have to add the promo code at checkout NOOIEBULB
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
3731 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
JayPatelRFD wrote: avoid the globe ones from costco. i bought and eventually returned all my bulbs as the RGB LED's eventually failed and only the White LED were functioning.
Corazu wrote: Another poster mentioned that the colors failed, mine haven't. But these bulbs are only useful on white. The colors are far too dim to be useful for anything. (The Globe bulbs from Costco). I have 3 of them in lamps in the living room. Aside from setting them to red and playing the Imperial March on the living room google mini when I'm coming downstairs to mess with my girlfriend, they're completely useless for any level of colored light.

The Nooie bulbs on the other hand, are pretty good. I bought this 4pack of them at a higher price a couple months ago, and then bought another 2pack on Prime Day. This was the cheapest so far, grabbed another 4pack here. This lets me do pretty much all the places I wanted to swap over.

My only complaint is that setting the color over google voice commands doesn't seem to be very accurate, but I haven't played with it that much.
Avoid the Globe. I've bought 3 packs from Costco. All of them failed, two only operated at 10-20% brightness after 4 months. All 9 of them never shuts off completely (you still see a faint light) using Google home or Globe app to turn off the light. This wasn't the case when they are new. Only way they shut off completely is via light switch. Not sure if this is the bulb, or Google, but whatever it is, it didn't work. Eventually took it back to Costco and returned them all.
Jan 28, 2020
8 posts
8 upvotes
I got these during Prime Day and one of the bulbs stopped working the next day. Definitely wouldn't recommend even at this price.