Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Smith & Wesson Spear - $29.24

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2020 9:48 pm
Nov 25, 2013
260 posts
146 upvotes
Hoth
This will help me get ready for 2021, now to search for old fashioned broom sticks!
THIS IS SPARTA!!!
Upvoted!
Dec 6, 2008
650 posts
332 upvotes
uh oh mods just woke up

thanks OP in for 5! great deal lowest ever on CCC. my mall ninja armory is complete.
Last edited by benji82 on Oct 8th, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 2, 2010
961 posts
793 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I realize gun threads are isolated to one dead thread now, but this had me yearning for the good old days when 20% of all posts were gun threads during peak season.

The good old days.
When did this happen and what thread?? Seriously, this is why competing sites pop up, people get tired of being told what they should and shouldn't like\think\buy\watch.
Nov 9, 2014
47 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Tapout123 wrote: When did this happen and what thread?? Seriously, this is why competing sites pop up, people get tired of being told what they should and shouldn't like\think\buy\watch.
Ongoing deals, firearms megathread. All firearms deals were banned a few months ago unless they appeared in that thread, hidden out of site from hot deals
Apr 23, 2016
445 posts
497 upvotes
Kelowna
redflagdealsguy wrote: I realize gun threads are isolated to one dead thread now, but this had me yearning for the good old days when 20% of all posts were gun threads during peak season.

The good old days.

Really? That's ridiculous. Why are gun deals treated differently? I guess that explains why I haven't seen any gun related deals in months. I figured it was due to lack of supply/more demand = less discounts.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2393 posts
881 upvotes
North York
My previous post asking if and why firearms posts were banned was deleted by Mr disco with reason given as "unnecessary" presumably because of my guess at to why they were banned but I'm not certain. Hopefully asking the question is allowed.

Could someone point me to more information on when and why they were banned? Thanks very much.
Sep 29, 2014
156 posts
178 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

The good old days.
Have to make room for all the deals on soy milk.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5654 posts
796 upvotes
Calgary
Do people hunt with spear? :confused:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6486 posts
5972 upvotes
Richmond Hill
cbagley wrote: I bought 12 of these to go with these handles.
staples-online-80-off-commercial-broom- ... r-2408230/
the red handles remind me of the blood of my enemies.
Im not a superstitious guy, but when we have a deal for spear heads and a deal for broom sticks , thats the universe telling us to buy now think later
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Jul 11, 2017
531 posts
605 upvotes
SkiLLz wrote: In all seriousness, what's the actual use case for these? I can't think of any scenario where a spear would be the most effective weapon. I'm not criticizing and I want to buy one, I just have no idea what to do with it.
Spearing obviously
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1260 posts
1546 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
The good old days.
I'll preface this by saying that 1) I have never owned a gun (only fired my dad's/FIL's on occasion) and 2) I have no desire at this time to even own a gun...but why did they force them all into one thread? Guns aren't inherently illegal to purchase, and are vetted even online, no? As someone with zero skin in the game, just seems odd. No way there's enough gun deals to warrant a megathread like Dollarama lol.
SkiLLz wrote: In all seriousness, what's the actual use case for these? I can't think of any scenario where a spear would be the most effective weapon. I'm not criticizing and I want to buy one, I just have no idea what to do with it.
Grab one for an impending end of the world scenario lol?

For real though, I suppose you could use it for spear-fishing? I've tried it on vacation down in the Caribbean and it was pretty neat! Refraction is a harsh mistress...
Jun 29, 2016
959 posts
465 upvotes
SkiLLz wrote: In all seriousness, what's the actual use case for these?
Given the ammo supply issues, you guys should stock up on these for the next hunting season.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30701 posts
1601 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Buy buy buy. Not because I'm a shareholder. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
May 31, 2016
501 posts
466 upvotes
I'm so gonna attach this to the end of my 16 foot pole and invade the Persian Empire, or my name isn't Alexander!