Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Smith & Wesson Spear - $29.24

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2020 9:48 pm
May 4, 2014
188 posts
187 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
SkiLLz wrote: In all seriousness, what's the actual use case for these? I can't think of any scenario where a spear would be the most effective weapon. I'm not criticizing and I want to buy one, I just have no idea what to do with it.
Spearing of course.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4674 posts
1374 upvotes
Kitchener
Would this fit a spear fishing pole?
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5180 posts
1960 upvotes
Toronto
ChippewaBarr wrote: I'll preface this by saying that 1) I have never owned a gun (only fired my dad's/FIL's on occasion) and 2) I have no desire at this time to even own a gun...but why did they force them all into one thread? Guns aren't inherently illegal to purchase, and are vetted even online, no? As someone with zero skin in the game, just seems odd. No way there's enough gun deals to warrant a megathread like Dollarama lol.
Because there were too few reactions like yours, and too many that were either "upvote every gun deal and post about how guns are the best and FREEDOM" or "downvote every gun deal and post about how every gun is just waiting to kill a kid". People can't stick to the deal when it's two different competing cellphone OSes, what's the chance they're going to do it when it's about something with actual political controversy attached to it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9764 posts
2274 upvotes
Winnipeg
RCGA wrote: I'm all for guns and knives, but why TF would you need a spear tip?

Just buy a proper hunting knife.
or buy this instead of a knife and have the spear option. For example your sweeping the floor and you turn around and out of the blue....an angry boar. Well twist off that straw and get ready for a whole hog barbecue.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4578 posts
6227 upvotes
Vancouver
Tapout123 wrote: When did this happen and what thread?? Seriously, this is why competing sites pop up, people get tired of being told what they should and shouldn't like\think\buy\watch.
"When" is easy to answer: Just look at the first post here and you will see that's when Mods started that thread..

"Why" however, is difficult to explain in politically correct language. To paraphrase one of the Mods in the PM to me when I complained pretty loudly about that [deleted, of course] "they were getting way too much complaints and reports in every single of these threads" to keep it going.

In other words, actually, and based on the experience any one of us has in any politically coloured thread around here, course of action and standing orders are obviously to prevent snowflakes from melting at any cost... Pathetic, really. That is why this site was downgraded from my favorite site and landing page to "let's see if there are some deals, maybe" few times a week...

Looking for the new deal site without so obvious and offensive bias...

I know this post is going to be deleted in no time as usually, but this needs to be said.
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Nov 24, 2008
248 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
For people wondering why you would need this, it is used for survival. You can tie this to a nice straight branch and be able to feed yourself in the wilderness.

Or you can screw it onto this
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4674 posts
1374 upvotes
Kitchener
KentY198 wrote: Of course
threads don't look the same size though
Images
  • IMG_20201008_184758.jpg
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5654 posts
796 upvotes
Calgary
djpate86 wrote: For people wondering why you would need this, it is used for survival. You can tie this to a nice straight branch and be able to feed yourself in the wilderness.

Or you can screw it onto this
So this is serious question(s)...survival against what? For what situation?
I mean if you are hunting with gun, you have gun. If you are hunting with bow, you have bow. If you are camping, you have bear spray.
I cannot imagine a spear fit in.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4557 posts
1077 upvotes
Regina
is this the britney speers collection? need one for work....need a throwing star as well
May 4, 2014
188 posts
187 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
mucat wrote: So this is serious question(s)...survival against what? For what situation?
I mean if you are hunting with gun, you have gun. If you are hunting with bow, you have bow. If you are camping, you have bear spray.
I cannot imagine a spear fit in.
What do you have when a swordfish attacks you when you're looking for treasure?

I rest my case
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5654 posts
796 upvotes
Calgary
KentY198 wrote: What do you have when a swordfish attacks you when you're looking for treasure?

I rest my case
I heard they have poor eyesight, if you don't move, they can't see you.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
2584 posts
2298 upvotes
Montreal
SkiLLz wrote: I can't think of any scenario where a spear would be the most effective weapon.
No gun license, neither archery nor sword skills?
Forming a hoplite battalion?
Self defense at night in your house depending on its layout?
Instant conversion of a walking stick if required?