[Amazon.ca] Smith & Wesson Spear - $29.24

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2020 9:48 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6486 posts
5972 upvotes
Richmond Hill
KentY198 wrote: What do you have when a swordfish attacks you when you're looking for treasure?

I rest my case
Grab another sword fish and parry

When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8461 posts
4799 upvotes
ON
aeba7 wrote: Grab another sword fish and parry

Or get a gunfish...never bring a swordfish to gunfish fight.
Apr 25, 2014
45 posts
67 upvotes
gatineau, QC
I see the mods have replaced all the gun threads and now all I see are beyond meat sales now. Hmm...
Nov 13, 2017
97 posts
102 upvotes
Ontario
This uses 8cr13 steel which is super low-end and made in China at whatever standard is most profitable in those factories. If you're going to get any use out of this spear head, you'll probably have to sharpen it very often as 8cr13 is a softer steel - it's relatively easy to sharpen but it won't hold an edge for long. This metal is fairly corrosion-resistant as well but that's relative to other knife steels; if you use it for purposes like fishing, it'll rust very very quickly. Even at this price, it's not worth it imo.
Apr 26, 2010
317 posts
1391 upvotes
BC
redflagdealsguy wrote: I realize gun threads are isolated to one dead thread now, but this had me yearning for the good old days when 20% of all posts were gun threads during peak season.

The good old days.
Couldn't agree more, the "mega thread" or whatever is rubbish.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1065 posts
221 upvotes
GTA
Wait...so I definitely don't need a license to carry a spear around right?

I was thinking If I purchase a pole that is 6ft, it will double as a social distancing tool.
Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | Intel i7-4770K | 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080 | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | LG GL83A-B| Schiit Modi 3 + Vali 2 & Senn HD600
Mar 31, 2011
193 posts
150 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
I woulda killed to have been a fly on the wall at that creative roundtable...

S&W CEO: Folks, the handgun market just isn't what it used to be, and we need to branch out into other products. Now, let's hear some ideas!

Minion #1: How about boomerangs? We can even make sound like a .45 when launching it.

S&W CEO: Naw, too regional, and I'm none too fond of them Aussies.

Minion #2: I got it! Let's go retro and do... SPEARS!!

S&W CEO: Gawd Damm, the boy's a genius!!
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
18697 posts
5401 upvotes
How come you never see these in movies?
Mar 31, 2011
193 posts
150 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
dredd2099 wrote: For me, practice spear throw for Spartan race is all I can think off
This will help. Ammo replenish.
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
Aug 25, 2012
212 posts
332 upvotes
VANCOUVER
This will be helpful for the covid19 zombie apocalypse the government keeps telling us is going to happen this winter if we don’t put on a mask Face With Medical Mask
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.