Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Smith & Wesson Spear - $29.24

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2020 9:48 pm
Nov 30, 2013
177 posts
201 upvotes
NB
djpate86 wrote: For people wondering why you would need this, it is used for survival. You can tie this to a nice straight branch and be able to feed yourself in the wilderness.
I seriously doubt MOST of the people on this site would have any idea to fend for themselves if they were stranded in the wilderness.
I AM NOT A BOOMER, but I wish i was.
May 8, 2013
638 posts
586 upvotes
London
Nothing like killing a bear with a spear. Well there is that similar feeling , maybe better, by using a blow dart, but I digress. This is an essential item for 2020
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17740 posts
1279 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
daviddavieboy wrote: I seriously doubt MOST of the people on this site would have any idea to fend for themselves if they were stranded in the wilderness.
Just like most Yankee gun nuts (overweight, anti-social, greasy-haired, pimple-faced, incel, etc.)
Mar 17, 2017
140 posts
159 upvotes
GTA
redflagdealsguy wrote: I realize gun threads are isolated to one dead thread now, but this had me yearning for the good old days when 20% of all posts were gun threads during peak season.

The good old days.
Which thread?
Jun 29, 2016
959 posts
465 upvotes
daviddavieboy wrote: I seriously doubt MOST of the people on this site would have any idea to fend for themselves if they were stranded in the wilderness.
Duh, find a Tim Hortons?

(I like Tim and there's actually a story behind this)
Nov 30, 2013
177 posts
201 upvotes
NB
konfusion666 wrote: Just like most Yankee gun nuts (overweight, anti-social, greasy-haired, pimple-faced, incel, etc.)
Sad but so true.
I AM NOT A BOOMER, but I wish i was.
Feb 11, 2019
366 posts
423 upvotes
ON
SkiLLz wrote: In all seriousness, what's the actual use case for these? I can't think of any scenario where a spear would be the most effective weapon. I'm not criticizing and I want to buy one, I just have no idea what to do with it.
Perfect ammunition for a ballista to use when the neighbours dragons forage on your property
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6360 posts
186 upvotes
Etobicoke
SkiLLz wrote: In all seriousness, what's the actual use case for these? I can't think of any scenario where a spear would be the most effective weapon. I'm not criticizing and I want to buy one, I just have no idea what to do with it.
The blade is made of pretty crappy metal and dulls quickly. So don't expect to use this for hunting. If you hit a bone the tip will bend. The spear is also too light weight (only 1lb) to attach any serious shaft. If you throw the spear it will rotate because the shaft will be heavier than the tip. In other words, no real world use.

That said, these are great to practice throwing. Just tie a cotton ribbon to the end and use as throwing knife/dart. The ribbon will help stabilize the flight path. For kids birthday parties, set up a dart board in the back yard on a 8X4 sheet of plywood. Put 6 spear heads on a table 15' away from the board and have the kids take turn practice throwing.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1333 posts
1152 upvotes
In for 10. It is 2020 we might all need it. 🤣
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9275 posts
1401 upvotes
You can mount this on the wood pole? Use as a spear?