Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18 18-Inch 48-Volt 4.0-Ah Cordless Snow Blower, Kit (w/2 x 24-Volt 4.0-Ah Batteries and Rapid (15% off

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2022 10:44 pm
Banned
Aug 16, 2003
16 posts
24 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18 18-Inch 48-Volt 4.0-Ah Cordless Snow Blower, Kit (w/2 x 24-Volt 4.0-Ah Batteries and Rapid (15% off

Ordered Snow Joe 24V with two 4.0 ah batteries and charger.

Original price: $450.62
Discount 15%
Current price: $382.48 before tax
With Tax: $432.2

If you have Amazon Prime, it will be delivered in 2 days.
53 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1773 posts
2867 upvotes
Kingston
And of course a day after the worst storm in years in the GTA, this goes on sale. lol

24V isn't that great no?
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17805 posts
5755 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
xtrmDeals wrote: And of course a day after the worst storm in years in the GTA, this goes on sale. lol

24V isn't that great no?
Nice catch. 40V battery, but motor is 24V
Jun 7, 2011
271 posts
233 upvotes
Orangeville
weedb0y wrote: Nice catch. 40V battery, but motor is 24V
Other way around. 2x24V batteries for a 48V motor.
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10537 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
Guys do yourself a favour and don’t buy this trash. This thing is completely worthless when it comes to the big storms. It’s like taking a fleshlight to a gun fight.

Either spend the money and get a real snowblower or just shovel. If you buy this you’ll just end up using it cuz you might as well cuz you paid for it, and when the real massive storm comes you’ll just curse yourself for buying a completely worthless “snowblower.”
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
1423 posts
664 upvotes
Toronto
Anikiri wrote: Guys do yourself a favour and don’t buy this trash. This thing is completely worthless when it comes to the big storms. It’s like taking a fleshlight to a gun fight.

Either spend the money and get a real snowblower or just shovel. If you buy this you’ll just end up using it cuz you might as well cuz you paid for it, and when the real massive storm comes you’ll just curse yourself for buying a completely worthless “snowblower.”
fleshlight to a gun fight lol

"if you cant kill them, please them!"
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1798 posts
124 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: It’s like taking a fleshlight to a gun fight.
That strategy pivoted real quick.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4768 posts
4985 upvotes
East GTA
Agreed with others...from yesterday's GTA storm there were two neighbours: one using the Ryobi snowblower and one using a battery snowthrower. The snowthrower died after 20 minutes but the Ryobi performed really well.

If you're going to get a battery snowblower, get one with real juice and battery power. My neighbour bought the Ryobi 21 inch two stage 2x40V 7.5ah blower...it was surprisingly impressive. It's expensive though ($900) so keep that in mind...plus you might want extra batteries.

If you get a snow thrower or similar...get a corded one. Won't be as great as a battery or gas snowblower but far better than these cheap snow throwers.
Last edited by NoSoup4You on Jan 18th, 2022 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Jan 18, 2021
154 posts
212 upvotes
redkulat wrote: Agreed with others...from yesterday's GTA storm there were two neighbours: if you're going to get a battery snowblower, get one with real juice and battery power.

My neighbour bought the Ryobi 21 inch two stage 2x40V 7.5ah blower...it was surpsinglys impressive.

If you get a snow thrower or similar...get a corded one. Won't be as great but far better than the battery powered snow throwers.
I hear the ego battery-powered snow blowers do a great job but you got to have spare batteries which add up quickly.
Aug 9, 2020
56 posts
44 upvotes
Skip the weak battery operated models. Half the people on my street had the corded version of the Snow Joe and cleared the snow without too much trouble.
Nov 13, 2014
169 posts
379 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Anikiri wrote: Guys do yourself a favour and don’t buy this trash. This thing is completely worthless when it comes to the big storms. It’s like taking a fleshlight to a gun fight.

There's one massive storm a year, if that.

This is perfectly fine and I have the corded version of it. Been working great for me all day yesterday.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17805 posts
5755 upvotes
Stuck in a Box

Thanks for the guidance. Any recommendations for below $500 or must one spend $1000-1500 for a gas beast? (Which I am worried will take space in my garage)
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10537 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
weedb0y wrote: Thanks for the guidance. Any recommendations for below $500 or must one spend $1000-1500 for a gas beast? (Which I am worried will take space in my garage)
The corded 1-stage ones do "OK." You're gonna need to put in some serious effort still. If you want to survive the stuff from yesterday, you'll need a real 2-stage or 3-stage gas beast.
May 28, 2007
349 posts
328 upvotes
CALGARY
My dad has this and it is absolutely useless if you have a driveway.
If you only have a sidewalk to shovel, it kind of works, but I don't see the point.

Light fluffy snow -> it works, but it's easier and faster to shovel
Wet snow -> it doesn't work. It doesn't throw well and gets clogged 20 times so you have to shovel the last 20% which is the hardest part.
Deep snow -> it doesn't work as it doesn't throw well.
Extreme Cold -> Battery lasts 5-10 minutes
May 17, 2007
928 posts
376 upvotes
Toronto
Anikiri wrote: The corded 1-stage ones do "OK." You're gonna need to put in some serious effort still. If you want to survive the stuff from yesterday, you'll need a real 2-stage or 3-stage gas beast.
Realistically how often does this happen in the GTA.
Nov 10, 2003
798 posts
261 upvotes
Concord
I owned this for 3 years.. and 1 major storm it couldn't handle. It is worth its price.

For yesterday, I just had to thin out the snow with a shovel. But charge it 4 times to complete a double garage driveway for 4 cars.
UNOO - Meet Canada's Premium Heated Jacket
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10537 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
orb2k wrote: Realistically how often does this happen in the GTA.
Once a year maybe. But when it happens you’re gonna wish you had something that can tackle it.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
11397 posts
5215 upvotes
Pretty much anything battery operated is fine for light work. This will be fine for light snow or a minimal build up. It will be awful in wet snow or anything built up.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1255 posts
865 upvotes
Toronto
redkulat wrote: Agreed with others...from yesterday's GTA storm there were two neighbours: one using the Ryobi snowblower and one using a battery snowthrower. The snowthrower died after 20 minutes but the Ryobi performed really well.

If you're going to get a battery snowblower, get one with real juice and battery power. My neighbour bought the Ryobi 21 inch two stage 2x40V 7.5ah blower...it was surprisingly impressive. It's expensive though ($900) so keep that in mind...plus you might want extra batteries.

If you get a snow thrower or similar...get a corded one. Won't be as great as a battery or gas snowblower but far better than these cheap snow throwers.
which battery powered roybi 2 stage snow blower is only $900 unless you're talking about this single stage Ryobi with 2x7.5Ah batteries? If there is one i dont mind upgrading my single stage EGO.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)