Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Snow Joe SJ625E 21-Inch 15 Amp Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower $237.54

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2020 4:45 pm
Newbie
Jun 17, 2006
42 posts
tew wrote: Don't use this one it's only rated for 10 amps, the snow blower is 15 amps. It could over heat and start a fire. I believe the Snow Joe manual states to use a 12 gauge for a 100' length cord.
Agree. I have a 12 gauge extension cord for this since the snow blower is rated for 15 A.
Last edited by voltz123 on Sep 14th, 2020 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 30, 2006
4453 posts
16781 upvotes
TORONTO
This + cord was an awful experience.
Member
Jan 29, 2007
236 posts
41 upvotes
Markham
This deal getting my attention.
I'm going to have 6-8 car driveway.. hoping this does the trick though. Thoughts?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 13, 2010
2340 posts
1970 upvotes
GTA
emjhay wrote: I think a ought the same one at Walmart for 98$ in March, 8f you have a time machine then it's perfect if not you can always wait again until they go down to that price.
Different model. The one from Walmart is the SJ624ES which is 14 amp.
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Sep 12, 2013
9 posts
10 upvotes
GTA
ky.antz wrote: This deal getting my attention.
I'm going to have 6-8 car driveway.. hoping this does the trick though. Thoughts?
I don't see any reason it should not work. I guess it's worth considering it.
Newbie
Mar 3, 2019
8 posts
1 upvote
I bought this last year and used only once.
Decided to rather showel and sell this off as the return period had passed. And it's been sitting in the box since then.
If anyone is okay I can give it away for 180. I am in GTA.
Jr. Member
Dec 4, 2005
188 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
I wouldn't recommend this for long term operation of the machine since the machine is a 15amp draw. A 16/3 Guage is probably only rated for 10amps at most. I'm sure it would work for a short while but it does stand the chance of over heating and fire trying to draw 15amps through that wire. I'd recommend a 12/3 Guage for 15amp usage to be on the safe side.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 11, 2009
5186 posts
1881 upvotes
Debtario
tew wrote: Don't use this one it's only rated for 10 amps, the snow blower is 15 amps. It could over heat and start a fire. I believe the Snow Joe manual states to use a 12 gauge for a 100' length cord.
The fire is what will be clearing the snow while you struggle with this machine.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Member
Oct 19, 2006
426 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
I suppose these are no good for the windrow ? Can anyone confirm?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 13, 2010
2340 posts
1970 upvotes
GTA
bb320 wrote: I suppose these are no good for the windrow ? Can anyone confirm?
No, too heavy.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
1446 posts
250 upvotes
i used this this past winter and it was alright, but when it came to some what wet snow the blower would often clog up.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2005
1724 posts
303 upvotes
Lévis
Except for light use, snow blower is something peoples should go with batteries models. Reason is a corded one is limited to the power of 110V 15A.
Ego snow blower use 56V (sometimes in pair), Toro 60V and snow joe has some 80 or even 100V models. So most batteries snow blower are more powerfull and can do medium jobs. The problem is the price.
Pourquoi pas?
Jr. Member
Nov 29, 2019
154 posts
57 upvotes
emjhay wrote: I think a ought the same one at Walmart for 98$ in March, 8f you have a time machine then it's perfect if not you can always wait again until they go down to that price.
Hey I was just coming in here to mention the $98 Walmart one. Is it the same? I also picked one up haha but it's still in box. Have you opened it yet? Is there a bunch of assembly required? If it is indeed the same one as OP posted, I'm pumped to have scored it for under $100, even if it's plastic augers or whatever. If it lasts me through this winter I'll sell for close to that price on the used market if it's no good!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 12, 2007
15323 posts
4522 upvotes
London
SPARTACVS wrote: Except for light use, snow blower is something peoples should go with batteries models. Reason is a corded one is limited to the power of 110V 15A.
Ego snow blower use 56V (sometimes in pair), Toro 60V and snow joe has some 80 or even 100V models. So most batteries snow blower are more powerfull and can do medium jobs. The problem is the price.
For Ego snowblowers, checkout the HD clearance thread. HD has started discounting the price on the snow blowers/ batteries, but it's still $600+ (vs almost $900 reg)
Sr. Member
Mar 7, 2011
725 posts
691 upvotes
Would not recommend this. For light snow a shovel is usually easier. For heavy snow this thing won't cut it. So essentially it's only really value is for a few of inches snow.

Top