Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Snow Joe SJ625E 21-Inch 15 Amp Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower $237.54

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2020 4:45 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3817 posts
1039 upvotes
I have an older model of this and it's very good for the price, I believe I paid around $150 for it back then. It cleared heavy packing snow and slushy snow as well. The cord is a big downside having to always be aware of not going over it. I would love this version with a battery.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3529 posts
560 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
anon_s wrote: This + cord was an awful experience.
Minus the cord did you find it underpowered? I have a small driveway and a big 30" mastercraft that I want rid of. Don't mind sacrificing some power but it still needs to work.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
1450 posts
292 upvotes
Pretty straight forward installation. I don't k ow if it's the same model but for 98$ vs a shovel I think we made a good or even a great buy.
MaanitS29496 wrote: Hey I was just coming in here to mention the $98 Walmart one. Is it the same? I also picked one up haha but it's still in box. Have you opened it yet? Is there a bunch of assembly required? If it is indeed the same one as OP posted, I'm pumped to have scored it for under $100, even if it's plastic augers or whatever. If it lasts me through this winter I'll sell for close to that price on the used market if it's no good!
No links or solicitations through sigs
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2340 posts
1968 upvotes
GTA
emjhay wrote: Pretty straight forward installation. I don't k ow if it's the same model but for 98$ vs a shovel I think we made a good or even a great buy.
MaanitS29496 wrote:
Hey I was just coming in here to mention the $98 Walmart one. Is it the same? I also picked one up haha but it's still in box. Have you opened it yet? Is there a bunch of assembly required? If it is indeed the same one as OP posted, I'm pumped to have scored it for under $100, even if it's plastic augers or whatever. If it lasts me through this winter I'll sell for close to that price on the used market if it's no good!
It's not the same model. The one from Walmart is the SJ624ES which is 14 amp and has a plastic auger. This is the SJ625E which is 15 amp and has a steel auger.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
4452 posts
16781 upvotes
TORONTO
hyperactiveme wrote: Minus the cord did you find it underpowered? I have a small driveway and a big 30" mastercraft that I want rid of. Don't mind sacrificing some power but it still needs to work.
Its fine for powder type snow but anything else, it struggles. The cord will also get stiff in the extreme cold and it just makes the whole experience so bad that you'll reach for the shovel.
Jan 29, 2007
234 posts
39 upvotes
Markham
anon_s wrote: Its fine for powder type snow but anything else, it struggles. The cord will also get stiff in the extreme cold and it just makes the whole experience so bad that you'll reach for the shovel.
damn wish i read your reply before i made the purchase today. oh well.
Apr 19, 2012
272 posts
52 upvotes
Brampton
ky.antz wrote: damn wish i read your reply before i made the purchase today. oh well.
I have the 21inch version and I think it is powered alright, not same league as gas for sure but it was okay.

I do agree that the cord makes it a bit harder than cordless but you just got to have it set up ready to go with plug close by.
Nov 7, 2011
80 posts
41 upvotes
AGASSIZ
I bought one of the early ones when they came out years ago for $139 and it still does a great job.
Some mentioned a cord, what i did was mount a recoil cord, Snap On in my case, just inside my garage door.
Then I just walk out with the machine to the street and the cord unwinds behind me.
When I turn around to come back I give the cord a little tug it releases and it rewinds itself up as I walk back to the garage.
No more fighting with the cord.