Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

SOKA Shower Faucet Set Chrome -- 27,97$

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2021 2:27 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4419 posts
11419 upvotes
Quebec

[Amazon.ca] SOKA Shower Faucet Set Chrome -- 27,97$

Not sure about quality!!

In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
15 replies
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
3000 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
I suppose for $27.97 you really can't have high expectations. If it turns out to be crap, you're still trading in money for garbage. I'll find out soon enough. Bought :)
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3799 posts
1991 upvotes
Mississauga
I think I paid more on gas when I was shopping for bath fixtures than this.

How will you change out that valve after you tile if there are issues.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2016
1031 posts
858 upvotes
GTA, ontario
lead-free? or the lead is free?
watch out for junk like this.
chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
buy BTC + hold BTC (cold storage pls) = relax
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
3000 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
thank89you wrote: lead-free? or the lead is free?
I think it's lead free plastic. Probably cholesterol free as well.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13892 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
Who sells the replacement cartridge?? If its a stock item at local hardware stores, this deal is hot!
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
I mean what could go wrong after you install this in your wall and it fails? Maybe just smash out the tile and drywall to replace it. After it floods the hell out of your house.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13892 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
The rough in valve will rarely fail unless you did some piss poor plumbing job.
Dec 27, 2017
263 posts
374 upvotes
thank89you wrote: lead-free? or the lead is free?
Buy beware...don't drink water from this shower head.
Apr 15, 2018
596 posts
884 upvotes
Do many people drink from shower heads?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
trixstar wrote: The rough in valve will rarely fail unless you did some piss poor plumbing job.
.... Lol.
Except if it's poorly designed . Have had a handful of American standard fail.. I think we had to tear them out of 2 houses in 4 bathrooms. Nothing to do with the plumbing. Just shit valves.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
trixstar wrote: The rough in valve will rarely fail unless you did some piss poor plumbing job.
For a known company sure but from a no name company selling some junk for this cheap? Just to save not even that much money? Dumb idea. Cheap out on the faucet head by all means if you want to...

Not to mention if you want to change the handle to a different design you are out of luck as the handles are made to match the brand of diverter you have.
Oct 15, 2006
183 posts
41 upvotes
Richmond
slowtyper wrote: For a known company sure but from a no name company selling some junk for this cheap? Just to save not even that much money? Dumb idea. Cheap out on the faucet head by all means if you want to...

Not to mention if you want to change the handle to a different design you are out of luck as the handles are made to match the brand of diverter you have.
I'm always curious about how easy it is to replace a shower set like this in terms of the tiles around it...

First thing that came up in my mind was how resistant the chrome finish would be. Maybe a satin/matte finish would fare better?
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
ddr0531 wrote: I'm always curious about how easy it is to replace a shower set like this in terms of the tiles around it...

First thing that came up in my mind was how resistant the chrome finish would be. Maybe a satin/matte finish would fare better?
If you just need to replace the cartridge you can just take the handle and cover off and replace it easily. A name brand diverter gives you free cartridge replacements and you can get them easily.

If you need to fix something besides the cartridge....lol good luck, might as well renovate the bathroom.
Oct 7, 2017
16 posts
21 upvotes
Just an update, got the package but its a regular shower head. Nothing close to the picture.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)