Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Solar Lights Outdoor Mpow $25

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2019 3:43 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
These are awesome... Have two year old models. Still running strong after two GTA winters.
Nov 27, 2018
4 posts
Deal is dead now. I had in my cart 10 mins ago and went to look at something else and now they are no longer available :(
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2484 posts
3179 upvotes
Ottawa
Gone. That was fast. Was in my cart and was checking out =/
Nov 4, 2014
244 posts
166 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Great lights and price. I picked up a pack a year ago and put one above the door of the Costco shed I had recently bought. Lights up the backyard and the sensitivity settings works well - doesn't turn on for every slight movement.

Side endorsement - I didn't want to make holes in the shed so I attached the light with those 3M strips (all weather ones) and been rock solid ever since! I honestly didn't think it was going to work (especially come winter).
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
steven80 wrote: what type is it?
The better ones are 18650.

The cheaper ones are NIMH AAs.

The terrible ones are NIMH AAAs.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2002
3127 posts
320 upvotes
GTA
Jeenyus1 wrote: This one is better as the additional small cost is not significant and the light output is greater. Thanks!
Doesn't seem to have the dim mode. Only one mode.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5684 posts
2251 upvotes
Thornhill
cil254 wrote: Doesn't seem to have the dim mode. Only one mode.
From one of the reviews:

I purchased 6 last summer and I was amazed how well they worked, even in the extreme cold this winter. I put the switch on dim and they gave off a good light all night. When I let the dog out, I could tell exactly where she was as each light would switch to motion sensor and get much brighter. I just purchased 10 more of these lights, 8 for me and 4 for my sister. I would definitely recommend these solar lights.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2002
3127 posts
320 upvotes
GTA
Jeenyus1 wrote: From one of the reviews:

I purchased 6 last summer and I was amazed how well they worked, even in the extreme cold this winter. I put the switch on dim and they gave off a good light all night. When I let the dog out, I could tell exactly where she was as each light would switch to motion sensor and get much brighter. I just purchased 10 more of these lights, 8 for me and 4 for my sister. I would definitely recommend these solar lights.
I find the reviews are for the wrong product sometimes.
From the Q&A:
Question:
Does this has a mode that is always on at night ? Or it only turn on when there is motion ?
Answer:
they only turn on when there is motion
By Amazon Customer on March 18, 2019
These lights only come on when there's motion.
By RR on March 18, 2019
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
How easy (or not) are these to 'install'? Are you looking at drilling screws on the exterior of the home?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
treestump wrote: When it says they can be charged up to 500 times and they're solar, does that mean that I should only expect them to last for 500 days (charges every "day")?
No. 500 cycles means 500 full cycle.
The Lithium batteries are most stressed when they have under 20% or more than 80% charge.
So, if somehow, you keep the charge within 20% to 80%, your battery will last a lot longer.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1398 posts
863 upvotes
adilh53 wrote: How easy (or not) are these to 'install'? Are you looking at drilling screws on the exterior of the home?
If you dont want to drill holes in the brick, then try PL glue..
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2982 posts
324 upvotes
OOS now
How do these compared to BAXIA?
My BAXIA set of 4 had one DOA
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
treestump wrote: When it says they can be charged up to 500 times and they're solar, does that mean that I should only expect them to last for 500 days (charges every "day")?
No, not at all. I've had an older Mpow for at least 3 years on the same original battery. The 500 cycle life is based on complete discharges. If you have the device set to only come on when there's movement then it's only going to come on for a few minutes most nights. That means it will stay fully or almost fully charged most of the time. That also means the battery won't undergo a full discharge/charge cycle. So in theory it should last several years.

And as someone has already mentioned, if the battery does die you can replace it with a similar size Li-Ion battery. Although by that time new, better and probably cheaper devices will be available so it may make more sense to replace the whole thing.
veni, vidi, Visa
Aug 27, 2006
464 posts
816 upvotes
achc wrote: OOS now
How do these compared to BAXIA?
My BAXIA set of 4 had one DOA

MPOW >>>>> BAXIA

IMO. MPOW warranty on the ones I've purchased have been 2 years. BAXIA, iirc, was only 6 months. I've used the MPOW warranty once and received a replacement unit within 2 days. (Then I took apart the defective one, fiddled with it, put it back together...and, it works. oops). The first MPOW unit I've got outside is approaching 2 years...and, I have it along a wire fence, so it gets abused...and it's still running well. (I duct taped the back, but beyond that, it's exposed to snow, rain, wind...)

Thanks, OP -- I've been looking for an MPOW sale for over a year, and snagged a pack of the one you posted. I debated getting the 30 LED 4pack, but I'm not sure I like the "diffuser" look, even though it's probably a bit easier on the eyes. I'd buy both but...I...can't...quite...justify...the...extra...purchase...d@mmit...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)