• Aug 14th, 2021 12:08 pm
[OP]
Jan 9, 2012
62 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Sonax Wheel Cleaner 5 L - $81.73

Lowest price I've seen it.

I bought the 500ml spray bottle from CT and found that it worked quite well for my rims caked in brake dust ( PowerStop pads :( ). Liquid turns from yellow-green to dark pink(?) after some time when sprayed on rims. One con is that the smell is unpleasant and stayed on my car for a couple of days
9 replies
Dec 24, 2015
325 posts
200 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Great price. Carzilla usually has the cheapest prices around and this deal beats it. ($108.99)
Dec 24, 2011
403 posts
163 upvotes
New Westminster
Great deal! Does anyone know how the pour spout works? It just slips out too easily for me to use reliably. I am wondering if I am missing a piece, mine just has the tube, is there supposed to be a screw on that secures it?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2121 posts
1833 upvotes
ladycho wrote: Lowest price I've seen it.

I bought the 500ml spray bottle from CT and found that it worked quite well for my rims caked in brake dust ( PowerStop pads :( ). Liquid turns from yellow-green to dark pink(?) after some time when sprayed on rims. One con is that the smell is unpleasant and stayed on my car for a couple of days
I've bought this at a similar (maybe $82, $85?) a year ago. I think it drops to this price once every long while...

I've swapped back to buying Meiguar's All Wheel Cleaner (~708mL/bottle) when it drops to $10-$12 on sale. $/mL, it's about the same as Sonax on sale... except I can use Meiguar's AWC as a cheap IronX alternative, and it comes in a smaller bottle.

I honestly didn't notice any major difference in cleaning power between Sonax and Meiguar's AWC. With agitation, both performed (in my non professional opinion) the same.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3398 posts
2820 upvotes
Markham
Works excellent as a fallout remover and being Ph neutral, good for those of us with ceramic coated (as well as waxed) cars.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7511 posts
8076 upvotes
Vancouver
If you don't need 5L, check Dollar Tree stores for a 1L spray bottle of Street Appeal wheel cleaner for $1.25. It works.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3407 posts
2512 upvotes
This is a repost, though I don't know why the original thread went away. Does anyone know how long this container lasts, and would you mind stating how often you wash? I bought one and am trying to decide if I should split it with a friend...

I only wash every 3 weeks (2 cars) max.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16815 posts
4597 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Scote64 wrote: If you don't need 5L, check Dollar Tree stores for a 1L spray bottle of Street Appeal wheel cleaner for $1.25. It works.
That seems like a HOT deal. Unless this Sonax is concentrate of some kind?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9181 posts
8420 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: This is a repost, though I don't know why the original thread went away. Does anyone know how long this container lasts, and would you mind stating how often you wash? I bought one and am trying to decide if I should split it with a friend...

I only wash every 3 weeks (2 cars) max.
After 10 years, 2 cars (wheel sizes from 18" to 21"). Average wash every 2 weeks during the warmer 5 months, so 20 washes/year on average. All Germans and driven hard so brake dust like a mofo.

I still have almost 1/2 bottle left. So if your friend is into keep's their wheels clean, I suggest you split.