Only on amazon french version..

White SL : 179.00
Black SL : 169.99
77 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1244 posts
2041 upvotes
How is that even a thing? Lol. Only people who speak French get the additional gift card?
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6757 posts
2332 upvotes
Is this the first or second gen?
Feb 10, 2006
724 posts
359 upvotes
Winnipeg
vivibaby wrote: Is this the first or second gen?
I believe all SLs are 2nd Gen based, as they support Airplay 2.
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6757 posts
2332 upvotes
ashhabib wrote: I believe all SLs are 2nd Gen based, as they support Airplay 2.
Is it a cheaper or better version of the gen2 or the same? This looks like a pretty good deal!
Nov 13, 2019
8 posts
5 upvotes
The Sonos One SL is a microphone-free version of its most accessible speaker
Dec 13, 2017
57 posts
70 upvotes
Sorry I can’t read French, where does it mention the $30 gift card? Is it $30 per speaker or do I just get one despite purchasing two?
Jan 12, 2007
233 posts
89 upvotes
London
Crownj888 wrote: Sorry I can’t read French, where does it mention the $30 gift card? Is it $30 per speaker or do I just get one despite purchasing two?
This is what it says above the product "One SL avec carte cadeau gratuite de 30 $ 1 speaker"

Basically says put 1 One SL in your cart and get a $30 gift card.

Now by no means am I fluent in French, so I couldn't tell you if it's 'per' speaker, or you only get 1 gift card per order, or what the deal is.
Last edited by lrjm on Dec 5th, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 15, 2016
33 posts
38 upvotes
montreal, qc
it's in the tittle:
"One SL avec carte cadeau gratuite de 30 $ 1 Speaker"
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1790 posts
10152 upvotes
Crownj888 wrote: Sorry I can’t read French, where does it mention the $30 gift card? Is it $30 per speaker or do I just get one despite purchasing two?
They really did hide it in the fine print:

Jul 10, 2019
352 posts
290 upvotes
Canadiansinner wrote: How is that even a thing? Lol. Only people who speak French get the additional gift card?
this made me laugh harder than it should. poor albertans can't catch a break, eh?
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6757 posts
2332 upvotes
Pablosanchezz wrote: The Sonos One SL is a microphone-free version of its most accessible speaker
Even better! No spying!

But then what's the difference between the gen 2 and the play one?
Jul 10, 2019
352 posts
290 upvotes
how exactly am i supposed to get the GC? is it included in the cart or emailed?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4344 posts
4394 upvotes
Vancouver
It's basically a Sonos One without microphones or voice control, or an updated Play 1 that supports Airplay 2 and can pair with the Sonos One series.

Beware Amazon offering gifts on Sonos speakers. They offered an Amazon credit on Sonos speakers back during the last Prime Days, and then reneged on it a week later, changing the terms of the credit from "good for anything that Amazon sells and ships" to "only for Sonos purchases".
Jul 10, 2019
352 posts
290 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: It's basically a Sonos One without microphones or voice control, or an updated Play 1 that supports Airplay 2 and can pair with the Sonos One series.

Beware Amazon offering gifts on Sonos speakers. They offered an Amazon credit on Sonos speakers back during the last Prime Days, and then reneged on it a week later, changing the terms of the credit from "good for anything that Amazon sells and ships" to "only for Sonos purchases".
If you live in Quebec, you can't get away with that ;)

Also, people would just refund it.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4344 posts
4394 upvotes
Vancouver
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: If you live in Quebec, you can't get away with that ;)

Also, people would just refund it.
Oh, they didn't get away with it, but it took escalation, follow-up, and having a screen cap of the original terms to get Amazon to honor them. But it was worth it to get the Sonos One for $120.
Jul 10, 2019
352 posts
290 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: Oh, they didn't get away with it, but it took escalation, follow-up, and having a screen cap of the original terms to get Amazon to honor them. But it was worth it to get the Sonos One for $120.
in that case, here's an archived internet page as proof, just in case ;) https://web.archive.org/save/https://ww ... EEQB&psc=1
Jan 10, 2019
41 posts
26 upvotes
So is there a catch in the product with ordering from the French page... There's no difference in the actual product between ordering on the French vs English page right? Just the bonus $30.
Jan 10, 2019
41 posts
26 upvotes
jonbondeal wrote: So is there a catch in the product with ordering from the French page... There's no difference in the actual product between ordering on the French vs English page right? Just the bonus $30.
Ordered one. Don't see why product should be different - slim chance different button icons? Thanks OP!