Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Sony A7 ii Mirrorless Camera with 28-70mm Lens $1399 - Historic Low

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 7:38 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1770 posts
673 upvotes
Bedford
fatestkid wrote: I did. Had a Canon 6D and Sony A7. Went to fuji system. With the canon I never carried my F2.8 lenses and stuck because of size and weight. So most of the time I was using F4 lenses and on Fuji I use F2 primes so I pretty much end up getting the same light gathering capability.

I am a hobbyist and I assume the answer would be different for professionals.
Full frame mirrorless is changing all that. I picked up a Nikon Z6 over xmas. The 24-70 F4 kit lens is amazing. Small and light, no reason not to take it along.
Images
  • Dewolfe Park Winter 2018 (3 of 38).jpg
  • Dewolfe Park Winter 2018 (8 of 38).jpg
  • Dewolfe Park Winter 2018 (31 of 38).jpg
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5924 posts
7346 upvotes
baillieul wrote: Full frame mirrorless is changing all that. I picked up a Nikon Z6 over xmas. The 24-70 F4 kit lens is amazing. Small and light, no reason not to take it along.
As I mentioned I have owned sony full frame mirrorless. The lenses for full frame will always be large because they have to cover a bigger sensor. I do agree that the difference has been minimized due to the shift from DSLR to mirrorless.

However, I'll still say that for me personally an aps-c Fujifilm mirrorless with 3-4 F2 primes is the right set-up. This gives me better light gathering performance compared to full frame with F4 lenses. Having said that if you want to go really wide full frame is the better option. Again it's all based on needs and wants.

I've seen too many people buy a nice camera only to leave it in the closet that's why I always suggest phone, then 1 inch sensor compact and then aps-c or full frame kit.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4776 posts
5068 upvotes
East GTA
leeezeng wrote: It's hard to subjectively say which offer is better since too many things have to be factored in the decision making.
To me, A7 II has Full-frame sensor and 5-axis stabilization control which made it a big leap from aps-c size sensor cameras. You can also read below point to point comparison review to understand which factor is more important to you to help the decision.
SONY A7 VS SONY A6300
Thanks, I ended up picking the A6300...but I couldn't justify the price for occasional shooting and videos. For someone like me, the Lumix G7 would do the job. I mostly want to do videos and it does a decent job at that.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Sep 14, 2009
239 posts
396 upvotes
2019.01.04 flyer1.JPG
London Drugs is throwing in a free memory card and bag now too FYI didn't see it on any other flyer for bonuses
May 9, 2014
508 posts
214 upvotes
GTA, ON
Just got mine at UPS store and took a few shots which were really awesome!
Apr 24, 2012
640 posts
1021 upvotes
Vancouver
fatestkid wrote: As I mentioned I have owned sony full frame mirrorless. The lenses for full frame will always be large because they have to cover a bigger sensor. I do agree that the difference has been minimized due to the shift from DSLR to mirrorless.
The difference is often reversed if you are talking about light gathering ability. With Sony full frame you would get better light gathering ability with smaller weight and size.
Fuji XF23mmF2 R WR (35mm equivalent) is 180 grams.
Sonnar T* FE 35mm F2.8 ZA is 120 grams.

2.8 full frame > 2.0 apsc
120 < 180
right?

Equivalent Fuji lens would be XF23mmF1.4 R, which is 300 grams!
Edit: actually,1.8 Fuji would be equivalent, but they don't have that. If they did, it would probably be over 200 grams.

And if you look at Sony 28mm, which is only 200 grams... What would be your Fuji equivalent? None :/
Last edited by zaporozhets on Jan 8th, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5924 posts
7346 upvotes
zaporozhets wrote: The difference is often reversed if you are talking about light gathering ability. With Sony full frame you would get better light gathering ability with smaller weight and size.
Fuji XF23mmF2 R WR (35mm equivalent) is 180 grams.
Sonnar T* FE 35mm F2.8 ZA is 120 grams.

2.8 full frame > 2.0 apsc
120 < 180
right?

And if you look at Sony 28mm, which is only 200 grams... What would be your Fuji equivalent? None :/
Maybe my knowledge is incorrect. How does a 35mm f2.8 FF gather more light than a 23mm F2 APS-C?

You are correct about lens weight but then body weight needs to be considered.

Again I'll also add that this is a personal choice I made prioritizing portability over absolute IQ.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Apr 24, 2012
640 posts
1021 upvotes
Vancouver
fatestkid wrote: Maybe my knowledge is incorrect. How does a 35mm f2.8 FF gather more light than a 23mm F2 APS-C?

You are correct about lens weight but then body weight needs to be considered.

Again I'll also add that this is a personal choice I made prioritizing portability over absolute IQ.
Use this calculator: https://mmcalc.com/
Select APSC 23mm f2. Press "Calculate 35mm lens equivalent" button.
Result: Your "23mm f/2" lens will look like a 35.19mm f/3.06

Or it's a simple multiplication. You have 1.53 crop factor. So, 2 x 1.53 to get full frame equivalent.

Edit: Yes, technically you save on body weight... about 50 grams. I'd be shocked if anyone told me they switched camera systems to save 50 grams of weight. Any Canadian could probably loose that much by not eating pastries or drinking beer for a day. Btw, the last sentence is a joke ;)
Sony A7 ii is 556g
Fuji X-T2 is 503g
Size is approximately same. Don't know where they got the weight, but my source is indicating smaller difference.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2016
1039 posts
705 upvotes
Looks like the deal is dead. The only place that you might be able to get this price is on the dell Canada website but you’ll have to do some work. When you add it to your cart it shows regular price of $1999.99 instead of the sale price $1399.99 that is shown when you search for this camera kit

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)