Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Sony MDRXB950B1/B Extra Bass Wireless Headphone for $99.97 + Free Shipping

Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1844 posts
868 upvotes
GTA
Just got a pair of these a couple weeks ago and I have to say I am pretty impressed with the bass on these BT headphones. The extra Bass button only makes it better.

Just be careful with the hinges. The Noise cancelling I can hear the white noise sound (cant explain it) when i am sitting in my room when i was testing without music playing. If music is playing you can bearly notice it.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2079 posts
963 upvotes
Without wires these gigantic headphones looks like big ear muffs to me.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1798 posts
201 upvotes
NB
Anyone know how do they compare to the audio technica M50x sound wise?
Dec 18, 2017
132 posts
80 upvotes
Looks like deal is dead on Amazon. Good price for those cans
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4966 posts
1995 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
pk1234 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 8:40 am
Looks like deal is dead on Amazon. Good price for those cans

Still available on Bestbuy.
AndroidVip wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 8:06 am
Best Buy has it on sale too.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/so ... b/10585774
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
1232 posts
235 upvotes
Paid 99$ black Friday 3y ago, excellent headphones and sound quality, battery is very good as well. Bass is awesome.

The only downsides are that they are quite big, and the microphone is barely useable for voice communication, it grabs all ambient sound.

9/10 would buy again
Nov 27, 2008
148 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
wahabk1234 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 5:32 am
These headphones have very bad quality. Both the hinges broke on me in under 2 months, now they are unusable. Even though I am very careful and conservative with my belongings.
Yea there's a lot of complaints about the hinges, My 2nd set broke at the hinge as well.

There was this site selling parts for it at one time but i can't find it in my phone, maybe I have it saved at home.
Jul 31, 2016
296 posts
403 upvotes
Whitby
Akizuki wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 8:23 am
Just got a pair of these a couple weeks ago and I have to say I am pretty impressed with the bass on these BT headphones. The extra Bass button only makes it better.

Just be careful with the hinges. The Noise cancelling I can hear the white noise sound (cant explain it) when i am sitting in my room when i was testing without music playing. If music is playing you can bearly notice it.

That is the noise cancellation. Basically there's a microphone on the outside of the headphones that picks up on ambient noise and if it perceives any, it will generate white noise to mask it. That's how active noise cancelling works (if i'm wrong please someone correct me).
May 13, 2009
193 posts
357 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
We can start a club of people with broken hinges! Mine broke too when they fell 2 feet (from my hip level) to a carpet a few months after I owned them. I purchased them for $99 from Amazon, but had to deal with Sony. Their official 3rd party fixer-upper people are located in NY. They were incompetent and tried to give me the runaround between themselves and Sony's 1800 technical support. In then end, Sony just sent me a new pair as I argued that a fall from 2 feet on a carpet should not result in the hinge breaking. To add to the confusion, they quoted me something like $180 to fix them, then I told them it cost me $99 CDN and they were so confused by the pricing and how on earth Amazon priced them so low.

Great headphones though...and it's really handy to have a cable be able to use if you don't want to use Bluetooth. Don't buy the $50 Sony cable (ripoff). You can get them on eBay, and the cable also even includes mic/volume control. So you don't need to have Bluetooth to make calls. On another note, pairing these with a Sony Xperia Z5 did not yield good result in that the audio would sometimes break up. Sony always has a way of doing silly things.
May 13, 2009
193 posts
357 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Colin0317 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 8:35 am
Anyone know how do they compare to the audio technica M50x sound wise?
I have the ATH-M50. The Sony, will have more Bass. You can even turn on the headphones when wired and get even more Bass. I prefer the Audio Technica's for long listening at work, where the Sony's are good for my short walks to work and great with Electronic music.

No audiophile was harmed to give you this quote.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4966 posts
1995 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
BiGD33nS wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 10:00 am
Paid 99$ black Friday 3y ago, excellent headphones and sound quality, battery is very good as well. Bass is awesome.

The only downsides are that they are quite big, and the microphone is barely useable for voice communication, it grabs all ambient sound.

9/10 would buy again
Does it cover all of your ear? Or does it sit on your ears?
ajacian81 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 11:06 am

That is the noise cancellation. Basically there's a microphone on the outside of the headphones that picks up on ambient noise and if it perceives any, it will generate white noise to mask it. That's how active noise cancelling works (if i'm wrong please someone correct me).
I always thought that noise cancelling is the external mic pick up the ambient sound and produce a opposite signal to cancel out that sound. Guess I am wrong.
juniorkid wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:53 pm
We can start a club of people with broken hinges! Mine broke too when they fell 2 feet (from my hip level) to a carpet a few months after I owned them. I purchased them for $99 from Amazon, but had to deal with Sony. Their official 3rd party fixer-upper people are located in NY. They were incompetent and tried to give me the runaround between themselves and Sony's 1800 technical support. In then end, Sony just sent me a new pair as I argued that a fall from 2 feet on a carpet should not result in the hinge breaking. To add to the confusion, they quoted me something like $180 to fix them, then I told them it cost me $99 CDN and they were so confused by the pricing and how on earth Amazon priced them so low.

Great headphones though...and it's really handy to have a cable be able to use if you don't want to use Bluetooth. Don't buy the $50 Sony cable (ripoff). You can get them on eBay, and the cable also even includes mic/volume control. So you don't need to have Bluetooth to make calls. On another note, pairing these with a Sony Xperia Z5 did not yield good result in that the audio would sometimes break up. Sony always has a way of doing silly things.
So if I complain the product is defective and does not last even 1 year, and tell them you will post about the true quality of this product, they will ship you a new one for free?
Or can you just ask them to ship your the parts and you will repair it yourself?
I read their warranty. Labour is only 90 days while the parts are 1 year.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13198 posts
3410 upvotes
London
These are awesome headphones if you want bass so powerful that it cracks your skull

which I do

I use these at times when my Beats just aren't providing enough bass for me.
Jan 6, 2010
383 posts
417 upvotes
Montreal, QC
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 1:27 pm

Does it cover all of your ear? Or does it sit on your ears?
These are (very big) over-ear cans (as opposed to on-ear). As someone said in this thread, they look like very big ear muffs.
Colin0317 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 2:29 pm
Can these be returned at bestbuy?
You cannot return headphones at Best Buy for hygiene reasons.