Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Sony MDRXB950B1/B Extra Bass Wireless Headphone for $99.97 + Free Shipping

Feb 5, 2007
477 posts
191 upvotes
East York
Bought it 2 yrs ago. Love it, battery last long, still working like charm. Not broken
Jan 6, 2010
383 posts
417 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Guys, I think there might be some confusion in this thread about the model numbers. Pretty sure the XB950B1 are the basic extra bass ones, whereas the XB950N1 are the noise cancelling ones. That would explain the difference in pricing for the colours.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4987 posts
2001 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Deriot wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 2:41 pm
These are (very big) over-ear cans (as opposed to on-ear). As someone said in this thread, they look like very big ear muffs.

You cannot return headphones at Best Buy for hygiene reasons.
Really? This is no good. I ordered it as I thought it has noise cancelling.....
Can I return it if I don't open the box?
Deriot wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 2:46 pm
Guys, I think there might be some confusion in this thread about the model numbers. Pretty sure the XB950B1 are the basic extra bass ones, whereas the XB950N1 are the noise cancelling ones. That would explain the difference in pricing for the colours.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
What? This one has no noise cancelling? I am screwed. :(
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Jan 6, 2010
383 posts
417 upvotes
Montreal, QC
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 3:42 pm
Really? This is no good. I ordered it as I thought it has noise cancelling.....
Can I return it if I don't open the box?
If it has a seal, then you can absolutely return it if unopened.
May 13, 2009
193 posts
357 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 1:27 pm
Does it cover all of your ear? Or does it sit on your ears?

I always thought that noise cancelling is the external mic pick up the ambient sound and produce a opposite signal to cancel out that sound. Guess I am wrong.

So if I complain the product is defective and does not last even 1 year, and tell them you will post about the true quality of this product, they will ship you a new one for free?
Or can you just ask them to ship your the parts and you will repair it yourself?
I read their warranty. Labour is only 90 days while the parts are 1 year.
YMMV. I should also add I had to pay for Shipping to NY to their 3rd party fixer. That was never refunded. It also depends who you get. They bungled my file. Then lost photos of the broken hinges. Then Sony asked me to ask their own 3rd party fixer for photo - basically wanted me to forward emails as a middleman?!? At that point, I said do your own work! And they pretty much gave up and just said we're sending you a new pair.

In the fine print, they also said they only cover defective (their problem) problems. They said because I dropped it, it's my fault, and it's not defective. But I argued that dropping it doesn't mean mean that it's my fault, because their hinge can't be that fragile to begin with. Again, YMMV. No guarantee at all.

That's why most of my electronics are all used, I just hate dealing with warranty.
Jan 23, 2009
207 posts
82 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 4:38 am
Pretty sure he/she is on .com site.

RFD lately has been messing up Amazon links with their affiliate links and they're automatically routing to the .com site.
Omg thank you. I thought I was going crazy or had messed up a setting somewhere!
Aug 8, 2017
229 posts
94 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Greign wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 10:05 am
Yea there's a lot of complaints about the hinges, My 2nd set broke at the hinge as well.

There was this site selling parts for it at one time but i can't find it in my phone, maybe I have it saved at home.
If you could send me the link, would really appreciate it.