[Amazon.ca] Sony WF-1000XM3 Wireless Earbuds - $250.66

All time low price according to CCC.
Capture.PNG
73 replies
Oct 16, 2008
415 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
Been monitoring this for a while and also got the alert. I'm a bit hesitant on pulling the trigger as I think I may prefer the Galaxy Buds+ due to the size of the actual earbuds.
Jan 13, 2013
132 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Same here. If I had gotten this price a month or two ago I probably would have gotten it. Galaxy Buds+ is too tempting now, given its size and price. Also can have two devices connected simultaneously. That's pretty handy for me.
Sep 25, 2016
102 posts
62 upvotes
dark2026 wrote: Well... shit.

Jabra 75t it is then.
I have it and I find it so mediocre. Audio quality is the strong suit but connetivity is less reliable (random cut outs when outside or when using both earbuds) than my $50 Soundpeats that I got off Amazon, range is worse somehow too, and if you want to use only one earbud you can only use the right side. I feel like I'm putting up with the issues just for the better sound quality and because I only paid $150 all-in for them.
Mar 9, 2011
997 posts
1615 upvotes
dkrjwu wrote: I have it and I find it so mediocre. Audio quality is the strong suit but connetivity is less reliable (random cut outs when outside or when using both earbuds) than my $50 Soundpeats that I got off Amazon, range is worse somehow too, and if you want to use only one earbud you can only use the right side. I feel like I'm putting up with the issues just for the better sound quality and because I only paid $150 all-in for them.
How did you get them for 150? Curious to know.
Jan 13, 2013
132 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
dkrjwu wrote: I have it and I find it so mediocre. Audio quality is the strong suit but connetivity is less reliable (random cut outs when outside or when using both earbuds) than my $50 Soundpeats that I got off Amazon, range is worse somehow too, and if you want to use only one earbud you can only use the right side. I feel like I'm putting up with the issues just for the better sound quality and because I only paid $150 all-in for them.
I give up on wireless earbuds.
Jan 5, 2018
44 posts
50 upvotes
Damn. kind of tempting. They have great sound but the usability is only so-so. Probably gonna pass and try the galaxy buds plus first.
Jul 21, 2006
515 posts
78 upvotes
Funny, I'm in Japan now on vacation, and they are cheaper in Canada. About $300 CDN here.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
8650 posts
4159 upvotes
MVRD
IMO, all true wireless ear buds are still at their infancy period.
Dec 8, 2002
299 posts
207 upvotes
Edmonton
I got these for my birthday and I love them.

Sound quality is really good, noise cancelling was great (not perfect but quite solid). Battery life is better than I expected. I have the settings to prioritize audio quality over connection and I think I've experienced them dropping connection, like, once. It's quite rare.

I didn't like their tips; I swapped on some old Comply tips I had to make it better for me personally.
Feb 24, 2017
81 posts
31 upvotes
I bought these full price 2 weeks ago. I'm gonna ask amazon to credit me the difference awwww yeaa.

Damn these Sony are expensive when chinese knockoffs are gonna be hitting the market soon for a fraction of the price but whatever I'm happy with the sound quality and will live with my decision.

The fit could be better... so I'll need to try aftermarket tips and NC is decent not amazing. Battery life is good but questionable about long term.

I wear them 8 hours a day at work listening to podcast and charge it up during my lunch break.

As far as I know only the Sony wf1000xm3 and the airpods pro are the leaders of truly wireless with NC. What's special about the new Samsung Galaxy buds+?
Jun 27, 2005
55 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
The ANC on these is decent. Not amazing, could be better.
The fit, for me, wasn't great, I got some cheap foam tips Frome AliExpress that made the fit much better.
The worst worst worst thing about these things is the voice quality when making a phone call. No one can ever hear me properly when I'm in a relatively noisy environment

All that being said. The sound quality is phenomenal and you can really crank some nice bass out if you play with the eq in the app

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)