[OP]
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20744 posts
6215 upvotes
GTA

[Amazon.ca] Sony WF-1000XM4 ANC earbuds (not headphones) $248

Possibly all time low?

Well reviewed but this comes with its flaws, namely no multipoint, VERY BULBOUS in ear, questionable foam eartips that require replacement.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B094C4VDJZ/ref ... e=osi&th=1

Swifttronics had it at $289 (grey market no warranty) and Costco also had it for $289 at a time.

Thanks H20 Boy for this info:
H2O Boy wrote:
For those that have access to The Source PSP savings, it's currently available there for $212.49.
Last edited by coriolis on Oct 7th, 2022 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
88 replies
Aug 28, 2014
646 posts
1144 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
How do these compare to the $89 Buds 2 Pro deal?
Nov 3, 2003
260 posts
63 upvotes
Thanks for sharing OP!
I have a set and they're amazing. Great sound quality and noise cancelling.

For those that have access to The Source PSP savings, it's currently available there for $212.49.
Mar 10, 2018
144 posts
152 upvotes
I have both the xm4 and the buds2 pro.

I personally enjoy the sound quality more on the Sony but buds2 pro isn't too far behind.

ANC is good on the buds2 pro, it is also light weight which is why that's my preferred headphones to the gym.

I got them at $89 so value per dollar is uncompared!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1155 posts
1639 upvotes
Ontario
Only comparing sound quality I prefer these to the Buds 2 Pro and Airpods Pro 2, these sound so good for wireless buds even on an iphone. But if you got the Buds 2 Pro for $90 in the last deal the jump isn't so big that these are worth $170 more unless you have the cash to spare.
Apr 29, 2018
232 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
How's the mic quality? Can we use them for work Video calls ?
Mother of all necessities ---> RFD
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20744 posts
6215 upvotes
GTA
migotist wrote: How's the mic quality? Can we use them for work Video calls ?
Oh, I was reading mic quality is a huge con, it's not good at all.
Apr 29, 2018
232 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
coriolis wrote: Oh, I was reading mic quality is a huge con, it's not good at all.
I always hated Sony Mic Quality . Returned XM3 just because of that . If they improve on that no issue in jumping in to this band wagon. Bose QC35 FTW
Mother of all necessities ---> RFD
Aug 28, 2014
646 posts
1144 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
migotist wrote: How's the mic quality? Can we use them for work Video calls ?
You should never use any wireless eaburds for professional calls.

Don't believe me? Ask a colleague to call you at work. You need to hear for yourself.
Dec 26, 2006
421 posts
510 upvotes
I’m not saying this is a bad deal but honestly, try the Lenovo ones posted and see if it’s worth the $250 difference. I have no doubt these are good but that much more? Doubtful. Order one of each and return it. But earbuds in this price range to be are a price gouge.
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20744 posts
6215 upvotes
GTA
jaysbaseball wrote: I’m not saying this is a bad deal but honestly, try the Lenovo ones posted and see if it’s worth the $250 difference. I have no doubt these are good but that much more? Doubtful. Order one of each and return it. But earbuds in this price range to be are a price gouge.
It's mainly two selling points for the xm4.

Top tier Active Noise Cancellation and LDAC codec support. If these two aren't important, then earbuds under $100 are better options.

To some, those two are worth it.
Dec 26, 2006
421 posts
510 upvotes
What I’m trying to make a point of is in the wireless earbud space there is little separation from high end and mid range. Sure, comparing side by side you may notice differences but a lot of times it’s people looking at specs.
Dec 26, 2006
421 posts
510 upvotes
coriolis wrote: It's mainly two selling points for the xm4.

Top tier Active Noise Cancellation and LDAC codec support. If these two aren't important, then earbuds under $100 are better options.

To some, those two are worth it.
The ANC on the Lenovos leave a ton to be desired but it depends on if you truly need it, you’re right.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1090 posts
515 upvotes
LeslieC4444 wrote: I have both the xm4 and the buds2 pro.

I personally enjoy the sound quality more on the Sony but buds2 pro isn't too far behind.

ANC is good on the buds2 pro, it is also light weight which is why that's my preferred headphones to the gym.

I got them at $89 so value per dollar is uncompared!
I actually think Sony xm4 sound better and have better ANC. But Galaxy buds 2 pro fits better and definitely feels more comfortable for me
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2161 posts
654 upvotes
Waterloo
jaysbaseball wrote: I’m not saying this is a bad deal but honestly, try the Lenovo ones posted and see if it’s worth the $250 difference. I have no doubt these are good but that much more? Doubtful. Order one of each and return it. But earbuds in this price range to be are a price gouge.
You can't compare active noise cancelling earphones with ones that don't have it.

Finding good active noise cancelling earphones/headphones for cheap is very difficult/impossible and there's a good reason why. There's a lot of R&D that goes into it.
| Fractal Design Meshify C | LG 27GL850 (dual) | AMD Ryzen 7 5700x | Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 FE | 16GB G.SKill Trident Z RGB | ASUS ROG Strix B450-F II | XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe | Razer Huntsman Elite | Razer Basilisk Ultimate |
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13455 posts
13220 upvotes
Oil Country
H2O Boy wrote: Thanks for sharing OP!
I have a set and they're amazing. Great sound quality and noise cancelling.

Sweeeet... just ordered from The Source. I also had a $50 gift card that I received through another promo at The Source, so it came out to $173.11 shipped. Smoking dealing for a $400 pair of earbuds.

Rakuten is also offering 2% cash back on headphones at the Source, so that works out to $4.25.
Last edited by fudge_u on Oct 7th, 2022 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
7820 posts
2904 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: Sweeeet... just ordered from The Source. I also had a $50 gift card that I received through another promo at The Source, so it came out to $173.11 shipped. Smoking dealing for a $400 pair of earbuds.
"$400"
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2161 posts
654 upvotes
Waterloo
jaysbaseball wrote: The ANC on the Lenovos leave a ton to be desired but it depends on if you truly need it, you’re right.
The Lenovos don't even have ANC. Not sure why you're comparing them.
| Fractal Design Meshify C | LG 27GL850 (dual) | AMD Ryzen 7 5700x | Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 FE | 16GB G.SKill Trident Z RGB | ASUS ROG Strix B450-F II | XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe | Razer Huntsman Elite | Razer Basilisk Ultimate |

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)