Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Sony WF-1000XM4 ANC earbuds (not headphones) $248

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2022 8:48 pm
Dec 21, 2008
167 posts
40 upvotes
Just an FYI I have these headphones and recently had to send them in for replacement. There's a common issue with these where you will hear pinging on calls and when your teeth come together when you bite. It's pretty annoying...
Dec 15, 2017
885 posts
1036 upvotes
I have these and they're good but not great. I personally find the ANC not in the same league as the sony headphones, and probably comparable to cheaper ANC amazon earbuds. The sound quality is a bit disappointing too, because I paid ~350 I was expecting audiophile level SQ and these do not give that.
Nov 8, 2017
245 posts
151 upvotes
Are these water resistant? And how is the comfort? Also how do I get the Source PSP?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
7915 posts
3037 upvotes
Jimbo67 wrote: Yeah they go for $400 when not on sale.
If the xm3 were any indication of proper pricing, it would be well below $400.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Feb 23, 2006
144 posts
306 upvotes
Montreal
for those wondering, psp is thesource's partner savings program: https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/psp

i didnt realize i have access via my company's perks (through venngo) :)
H2O Boy wrote: Thanks for sharing OP!
I have a set and they're amazing. Great sound quality and noise cancelling.

For those that have access to The Source PSP savings, it's currently available there for $212.49.
Jul 6, 2008
647 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
How is compare to airpods pro 2 ANC? I might want a pair for sleep, I have noisy neighbors.
Nov 14, 2016
37 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for mentioning Source PSP. Signed up with my Goodlife Fitness rewards. Been eyeing these solely for the ANC since my location LOVES to blast easy pop and my Galaxy Buds Pro ANC doesn't cut it, and I don't want to blow out my ear drums.
Jun 6, 2016
226 posts
75 upvotes
Got these a while ago and had to return them. I couldn't wear them for longer than 30 mins without my ear being in pain. I tried the different tips just to make sure and it was the same issue. Otherwise these headphones are great. Sound and ANC were both really good. Picked up the APP2 now and I've found them much better for comfort, no ear soreness at all. I think the ANC might be a bit better rn on the airpods vs xm4 but not a huge difference.

Would recommend buying from Costco if you can for their return policy, otherwise you might be stuck with them.
Jul 11, 2022
119 posts
108 upvotes
I have sensory issues and looking for ANC earbuds (have the Sony XM5 headphones, but too big and bulky for most situations). I'm guessing these (with discomfort complaints) would not suit my purposes? Discomfort would be a deal breaker for my sensory issues.

Ah well, I'll keep looking. Would love suggestions!
Nov 29, 2012
129 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
reviveL wrote: Just an FYI I have these headphones and recently had to send them in for replacement. There's a common issue with these where you will hear pinging on calls and when your teeth come together when you bite. It's pretty annoying...
I've been hearing this on my pair I've had for a little over a month, thank you for mentioning it. I thought maybe I was just overly sensitive, but when i hear it, it takes you out of the music.
Besides that issue, these have been great earbuds. The noise cancellation is excellent. The app is pretty good, with plenty of options and a decent EQ if thats your thing. Couple of notes that have helped me:

I did not like the foam tips it comes with, apparently they tear over time if you're not gentle. I grabbed these silicone ear tips off amazon and have been happy with them (there are many sellers of this on amazon, grab whats on sale).

The tuning wasn't completely to my liking, so I downloaded Wavelet, an EQ program for Android, and the AutoEQ setting worked pretty well!

For the non android users (or if you don't want another app), I also found a user who set the EQ in a way a bunch of users like. Its not accurate i guess, but it sounds fun and I enjoyed it. Try it out and see if you like it. Enjoy the rabbit hole this may lead you to Smiling Face With Open Mouth.

Picture of the EQ settings here
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1971 posts
1543 upvotes
Vancouver
Jimbo67 wrote: Which PSP do you have? I wonder if all of them give the same discounts? GoodLife, CAA Bell etc
Bell is consistently the best.

Love these earbuds by the way, a must have for transit. The auto sensing option to turn off anc when you get up to walk is very handy.
Dec 21, 2008
167 posts
40 upvotes
slickenned wrote: I've been hearing this on my pair I've had for a little over a month, thank you for mentioning it. I thought maybe I was just overly sensitive, but when i hear it, it takes you out of the music.
Besides that issue, these have been great earbuds. The noise cancellation is excellent. The app is pretty good, with plenty of options and a decent EQ if thats your thing. Couple of notes that have helped me:

I did not like the foam tips it comes with, apparently they tear over time if you're not gentle. I grabbed these silicone ear tips off amazon and have been happy with them (there are many sellers of this on amazon, grab whats on sale).

The tuning wasn't completely to my liking, so I downloaded Wavelet, an EQ program for Android, and the AutoEQ setting worked pretty well!

For the non android users (or if you don't want another app), I also found a user who set the EQ in a way a bunch of users like. Its not accurate i guess, but it sounds fun and I enjoyed it. Try it out and see if you like it. Enjoy the rabbit hole this may lead you to Smiling Face With Open Mouth.

Picture of the EQ settings here
I would get them replaced by Sony and hopefully the new pair they send won't have this issue. Currently waiting for the new pair to arrive and hoping it gets resolved. When I was reading on reddit about this issue it seems like its a lottery on whether you can get a pair of earbuds or not.

I completely agree with your assessment of the headphones, they sound great and was much more comfortable when I replaced the tips with the silicone SpinFits. I've been using the EQ settings from this review and have been happy with it (https://banbeu.com/sony-wf-1000xm4-quic ... xm4-curse/).
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
1078 posts
398 upvotes
I found the ANC on these underwhelming compared to the Bose QC20 (wired earbuds) I was using previously.
2006 - Pepsi/Frito Lay Win Every Hour Contest - 1279 Entries - Loser!
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10984 posts
2799 upvotes
Victoria
I have a set of these. They sound amazing, best bluetooth buds I've ever owned.

The only drawback is they seal so well in my ears, I can hear every footstep which drives me crazy. I replace the foam tips with some rubber ones I had from other IEM's which helped a bit. If I'm going for a long walk i'd lodge them looser in my ears to reduce hearing my footsteps.