Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Sony WF-1000XM4 ANC earbuds (not headphones) $248

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2022 8:48 pm
Member
User avatar
Nov 3, 2003
260 posts
63 upvotes
Jimbo67 wrote: Which PSP do you have? I wonder if all of them give the same discounts? GoodLife, CAA Bell etc
I believe that all partners should give the same discount. Mine happens to be connected to Venngo/WorkPerks.
Sr. Member
Jul 22, 2006
691 posts
1344 upvotes
How do these compare to the Jabra 75t and or 85t? I have both (well actually I have the 65, 75, and 85.....yes I have a problem lol) and wonder if anyone has compared them to the Sony. Is it worth the upgrade?

That PSP price is pretty hard to pass up.......must resist.........getting weaker Face With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 22, 2005
20785 posts
6260 upvotes
GTA
canlabman wrote: How do these compare to the Jabra 75t and or 85t? I have both (well actually I have the 65, 75, and 85.....yes I have a problem lol) and wonder if anyone has compared them to the Sony. Is it worth the upgrade?

That PSP price is pretty hard to pass up.......must resist.........getting weaker Face With Tears Of Joy
The two big selling points is LDAC codec, which is best with a decent music source, it should be better then the SBC on the Jabra's. But you may not be able to tell the difference. However some people could.

The next is the ANC which is better then the Jabra's. Important if you actually need to use it, both the Jabra's and xm4 have really good passive noise cancellation.

However the Jabra's will have a better mic and a better fit, two things Jabra is good at. Comfort has been one of its strong points whereas the xm4s size and fit is not for everyone, due to the sheer size of it.

I don't think it's worth it for you honestly. The 75t and 85t is a pretty sweet combo for general use. I had the 75ts and it's been my favourite all arounder. It broke and ive been on other buds but always look back at the fit fondly.
Member
Oct 13, 2018
451 posts
560 upvotes
Chekhovbird wrote: I saw these Bose ones: https://www.bose.ca/en_ca/products/head ... _soapstone

Can anyone who has/tried both comment on comfort level? Are the Bose ones better in that area? Sensory issues so comfort is a huge deal for me. Need some earbuds with ANC but most earbuds I've tried make me want to claw them out immediately.

I have both , Bose are far far better in terms of comfort and ANC sounds better too. Fyi ANC takes time to adjust and for the first few days it's uncomfy but that eventually you get used to it
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 29, 2004
13631 posts
13685 upvotes
Oil Country
coriolis wrote: The two big selling points is LDAC codec, which is best with a decent music source, it should be better then the SBC on the Jabra's. But you may not be able to tell the difference. However some people could.

The next is the ANC which is better then the Jabra's. Important if you actually need to use it, both the Jabra's and xm4 have really good passive noise cancellation.

However the Jabra's will have a better mic and a better fit, two things Jabra is good at. Comfort has been one of its strong points whereas the xm4s size and fit is not for everyone, due to the sheer size of it.

I don't think it's worth it for you honestly. The 75t and 85t is a pretty sweet combo for general use. I had the 75ts and it's been my favourite all arounder. It broke and ive been on other buds but always look back at the fit fondly.
I disagree. I find the Jabra's fit to be terrible. The Jabra's will fit well if you have small ears, but if you have big ears they'll feel loose. That's what my experience has been like. I can't get them to sit properly in my ears and give me a proper seal. This also affects my mic because while I'm adjusting to find a good seal, the mic usually gets positioned in a less optimal position. I tend to use my cheaper Enacfire Future Plus buds way more because of the seal. I'll wear them while working out and never have to worry about them falling out like I do with the Jabras. The mic on the Enacfire's isn't great though and they're a bit dated compared to everything else out there.
Member
Nov 20, 2011
305 posts
226 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Thx op. Will be returning a used one i bought few weeks ago.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1569 posts
4001 upvotes
USD,

I no longer contribute to these forums as most users are marshmallows and because of the mod team here. This is a datapoint to gauge this deal.


Screenshot_20221008_132123.png
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 29, 2004
13631 posts
13685 upvotes
Oil Country
DeltaSingh wrote: USD,

I no longer contribute to these forums as most users are marshmallows and because of the mod team here. This is a datapoint to gauge this deal.



Screenshot_20221008_132123.png
Great deal. Are you going through a reshipper? I don't see that deal on eBay,
Sr. Member
Sep 18, 2004
509 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto ON
fudge_u wrote: I was looking around for some recommended EQ settings
Yeah they were posted on page two of this thread
DeltaSingh wrote: I no longer contribute to these forums as most users are marshmallows and because of the mod team here.
Holy shit, this might be my sig soon
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 29, 2004
13631 posts
13685 upvotes
Oil Country
xenyz wrote: Yeah they were posted on page two of this thread
Haha... I missed that, and it's on page 1. Just stumbled across them on Reddit earlier and figured I'd link the thread since some people had suggestions on how to potentially improve on those settings.
Newbie
Aug 23, 2019
52 posts
37 upvotes
slickenned wrote: I've been hearing this on my pair I've had for a little over a month, thank you for mentioning it. I thought maybe I was just overly sensitive, but when i hear it, it takes you out of the music.
Besides that issue, these have been great earbuds. The noise cancellation is excellent. The app is pretty good, with plenty of options and a decent EQ if thats your thing. Couple of notes that have helped me:

I did not like the foam tips it comes with, apparently they tear over time if you're not gentle. I grabbed these silicone ear tips off amazon and have been happy with them (there are many sellers of this on amazon, grab whats on sale).

The tuning wasn't completely to my liking, so I downloaded Wavelet, an EQ program for Android, and the AutoEQ setting worked pretty well!

For the non android users (or if you don't want another app), I also found a user who set the EQ in a way a bunch of users like. Its not accurate i guess, but it sounds fun and I enjoyed it. Try it out and see if you like it. Enjoy the rabbit hole this may lead you to Smiling Face With Open Mouth.

Picture of the EQ settings here
I also had this issue with a pair that I purchased from Swiftronics. Fortunately I discovered the issue within the exchange window, and the second pair I got from them worked fine.

You can easily diagnose this issue by enabling ANC and clicking your tongue. For me, the sound was very prominent on the left earbud. The issue is not uncommon:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/portabl ... -p/3821880
https://www.reddit.com/r/sony/comments/ ... _left_ear/

I personally find the stock tips to be comfortable. I use the smallest one and it fits great for me.
Sr. Member
Aug 24, 2016
976 posts
1117 upvotes
Where did people get Pro Buds 2 for $90???
LeslieC4444 wrote: I have both the xm4 and the buds2 pro.

I personally enjoy the sound quality more on the Sony but buds2 pro isn't too far behind.

ANC is good on the buds2 pro, it is also light weight which is why that's my preferred headphones to the gym.

I got them at $89 so value per dollar is uncompared!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 29, 2004
13631 posts
13685 upvotes
Oil Country
gamei56 wrote: I also had this issue with a pair that I purchased from Swiftronics. Fortunately I discovered the issue within the exchange window, and the second pair I got from them worked fine.

You can easily diagnose this issue by enabling ANC and clicking your tongue. For me, the sound was very prominent on the left earbud. The issue is not uncommon:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/portabl ... -p/3821880
https://www.reddit.com/r/sony/comments/ ... _left_ear/

I personally find the stock tips to be comfortable. I use the smallest one and it fits great for me.
There's also a battery discharge issue where one bud will lose power quicker than the other. I think there's also an overheating issue.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyHeadphones ... ry_issues/

Apparently firmware v1.5.0 fixes the issue, but it isn't available for download through the app yet.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 9, 2006
2178 posts
669 upvotes
Waterloo
DeltaSingh wrote: USD,

I no longer contribute to these forums as most users are marshmallows and because of the mod team here. This is a datapoint to gauge this deal.



Screenshot_20221008_132123.png
Were these refurbished or new?
| Fractal Design Meshify C | LG 27GL850 (dual) | AMD Ryzen 7 5700x | Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 FE | 16GB G.SKill Trident Z RGB | ASUS ROG Strix B450-F II | XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe | Razer Huntsman Elite | Razer Basilisk Ultimate |
Jr. Member
Mar 10, 2018
148 posts
153 upvotes
From the Samsung pre-orders.

$289.99
$100 off coupon from signing up to their preview event
Student beans for another $100 off
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 29, 2004
13631 posts
13685 upvotes
Oil Country
torontoraptor wrote:
Were these refurbished or new?
Based on the screenshot they looked like refurbs.
LeslieC4444 wrote: From the Samsung pre-orders.

$289.99
$100 off coupon from signing up to their preview event
Student beans for another $100 off
IMO, go with a high quality bluetooth audio codec that's device agnostic like LDAC. For high quality audio Samsung uses their proprietary codec (Samsung Scalable Codec) and Qualcomm devices use aptX. You must use a Samsung device to use the Scalable codec, or a Qualcomm device to use the aptX codec. LDAC is supported by all newer Android mobile devices, but many bluetooth headphones/earbuds only support one or the other depending on which ones you get. The Sony WF-1000XM4 have LDAC support, but the Galaxy Buds2 Pro don't. The Galaxy Buds2 Pro only support the Scalable codec along with AAC and SBC.
Last edited by fudge_u on Oct 8th, 2022 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 9, 2006
2178 posts
669 upvotes
Waterloo
fudge_u wrote: Based on the screenshot they looked like refurbs.
That's what I figured. If so, it's refurbished versus new and in USD as well. Not really a good "datapoint" to use then.....
| Fractal Design Meshify C | LG 27GL850 (dual) | AMD Ryzen 7 5700x | Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 FE | 16GB G.SKill Trident Z RGB | ASUS ROG Strix B450-F II | XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe | Razer Huntsman Elite | Razer Basilisk Ultimate |
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 29, 2004
13631 posts
13685 upvotes
Oil Country
torontoraptor wrote: That's what I figured. If so, it's refurbished versus new and in USD as well. Not really a good "datapoint" to use then.....
Exactly... I think $212.49 through PSP at the Source is a better deal IMO. Some people might also have a gift card for the Source, since they've been doing a lot of promos where they give you a $35 gift card if you spend over $300.

Top