Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Sony WH-1000XM3 Wireless Headphones - $298 (black color only)

Jul 18, 2009
55 posts
46 upvotes
Aurora,ON
psor wrote: Good quality ?

This or Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) ?

Last summer, I spent 90 mins in Best Buy trying on the best wireless noise canceling headphones without a budget and narrowed it down to Bose 700 and Sony Wh1000-XM3 (imo nothing else came close) in terms of sound quality and comfort. In the end I chose Sony because it had wider sound field and you could cover one cup on the headphone with your hand and it would disable ANC (good for speaking to stewardess on plane without having to take off the headphones or stop your music.)
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10235 posts
6471 upvotes
w3s_26 wrote: Last summer, I spent 90 mins in Best Buy trying on the best wireless noise canceling headphones without a budget and narrowed it down to Bose 700 and Sony Wh1000-XM3 (imo nothing else came close) in terms of sound quality and comfort. In the end I chose Sony because it had wider sound field and you could cover one cup on the headphone with your hand and it would disable ANC (good for speaking to stewardess on plane without having to take off the headphones or stop your music.)
Flight attendant
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2681 posts
524 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
psor wrote: Good quality ?

This or Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) ?
It depends on whether you need multipoint.

I use my qc35 paired with my laptop and phone. It works great because I can switch from music to conference calls with ease. Don't have to deal with disconnecting/reconnecting.

The xm4 seems to have added this feature on the sony
Aug 6, 2019
90 posts
38 upvotes
good deal. there are many donkeys on kijiji selling these used for over $350. sometimes you can get amazon warehouse deals for even lower like $250. this headphone is one of the only wireless headphones that are recommended on audiophiles sites. they claim best audio, best ANC, great bass for bassheads.
by the number of unopened w1000s on kijiji, i suspect this is a counterfeited headphone.
Aug 20, 2016
126 posts
254 upvotes
Ontario
Used 1000xm4 have been popping up on the Amazon Warehouse for around $360. If you're willing to take the gamble.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2598 posts
5104 upvotes
stillmatic11 wrote: Really just depends on what you value most. For me, comfort is king in this category.

Sound quality wise, the ANC900BT is much better than either of the XM3 or QC35 but they weren't comfortable to wear so I rarely used them.
On a long flight, comfort is indeed king. I use my QC35 on most overnight long flights (where sleeping is the main priority), and sometimes wear my CIEMs under them if I want good quality sound on a plane. If I have to interact with FAs and people I would probably take the XM3.
May 4, 2015
71 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Connecting to 2 device is an absolute must have feature for me. It just bugs me to having to turn off Bluetooth on one device then connect on another device . For that reason, I think bose is a better buy unless you are going for xm4, bose is cheaper too.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2272 posts
905 upvotes
EDMONTON
why couldn't all these headphone deals pop up when i bought my beats studio lol
teksavvy sucks
Aug 17, 2012
46 posts
27 upvotes
Repurchased these during Prime Day. Love the sound on these and ANC!
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13648 posts
7346 upvotes
Southern Ontario
w3s_26 wrote: Last summer, I spent 90 mins in Best Buy trying on the best wireless noise canceling headphones without a budget and narrowed it down to Bose 700 and Sony Wh1000-XM3 (imo nothing else came close) in terms of sound quality and comfort. In the end I chose Sony because it had wider sound field and you could cover one cup on the headphone with your hand and it would disable ANC (good for speaking to stewardess on plane without having to take off the headphones or stop your music.)
My wife has XM3, I have 700. I wonder if Sony has any plans to make Alexa hands free. Walking around calling out music requests, adjusting the thermostat, asking info about weather/store hours/anything, turning lights off/on etc etc without needing to push a button is a neat feature on my 700. I do give the XM3 punchier sound quality.
Sep 6, 2020
48 posts
39 upvotes
I'm struggling to pick between these and the Bose QC 35 II. Any suggestions? RFD is saying XM3 while Reddit seems to lean towards Bose.
May 4, 2015
71 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
humblebee wrote: I'm struggling to pick between these and the Bose QC 35 II. Any suggestions? RFD is saying XM3 while Reddit seems to lean towards Bose.
Bose for the call quality, comfort and dual device connection. Sound quality is really not bad for bose, I found it surprisingly neutral
Sep 6, 2020
48 posts
39 upvotes
chrissssss wrote: Bose for the call quality, comfort and dual device connection. Sound quality is really not bad for bose, I found it surprisingly neutral
Perfect, call quality and comfort is what I care about most. I don't see a difference between $50 headphones and $400 headphones when it comes to sound quality.
Jan 17, 2018
239 posts
655 upvotes
Thanks OP got a pair. Returned my Jabras I got during prime day.
May 4, 2015
71 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
humblebee wrote: Perfect, call quality and comfort is what I care about most. I don't see a difference between $50 headphones and $400 headphones when it comes to sound quality.
Either one is great choice tbh! Bose being cheaper also seals the deal haha.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
1347 posts
386 upvotes
Vancouver
Damn it RFD, I think I'm in for this headphones. Does Amazon do free returns if perhaps I do not like this. Maybe an early birthday present for me :)
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
1347 posts
386 upvotes
Vancouver
Does amazon allow returns for headphones within like 30 days?