Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Sony WH-1000XM3 Wireless Headphones - $298 (black color only)

Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11941 posts
1865 upvotes
Vancouver
Crichtonfan wrote: Do tell please. What makes you disappointed with them?

I am hesitant to buy them because while I do love ANC a lot now that I have experienced it, the call quality is probably terrible. People say the QC35s did better than XM3 in their personal testing and the QC35 pick up more background sound than mine.
I read so much about these. I already have a really nice pair of different headphines. Basically I read all the hype about these. I find the sound muddy compared to my others which I’ve had for 4 years. It’s hard to explain. Every ear is different. You may think there great. Shrug. I’ve tried them with many different genre of music. Some sound ok. But for that price I would expect much better results. I’m using them with Tidal. That’s actually another reason I bought them. There suppose to play well with MASTER and whatever they call that 360 feature. I even emailed Sony. They were of NO help. I was quite surprised. I have had TVs from Sony and had great cust’mer service. Kinda threw me for a loop.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1822 posts
767 upvotes
Antarctica
I see.

May be I should have bought the Sennheiser PXC 550 for music and the Jabra 65t refurbished for $50. Two devices but each doing well for the need (one for music enjoyment, other for calls).

Oh well, have a pair of 75t inbound and I think I'll return the QCs and pass on these as well. I'll miss the ANC but over ear headphones aren't for me.
May 3, 2018
123 posts
141 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote: I see.

May be I should have bought the Sennheiser PXC 550 for music and the Jabra 65t refurbished for $50. Two devices but each doing well for the need (one for music enjoyment, other for calls).

Oh well, have a pair of 75t inbound and I think I'll return the QCs and pass on these as well. I'll miss the ANC but over ear headphones aren't for me.
Damn, I'm late to this but, they aren't that bad, lol (especially after a few EQ tweaks on your phone's built-in EQ paired with LDAC -- I say built-in because if you use Sony's EQ, you can't use LDAC -- a feature the Bose don't even have, which makes a noticeable difference in SQ) . I found the QC35's to be muddy in comparison to them. They slap for electro, are wireless, and for outdoor use are great. At home I listen to an HD 800s with a Project Ember.

They are what they are and besides the XM4, probably the best for the price. Can't comment on call quality, but I'm also not really using them for that. But yeah, if you're not using them outside at all or for its ANC, then I'd probably skip them, although they're nice to wear around the house and the backyard lol. The range is pretty good on them and I haven't had any connectivity issues either. And again, the ANC is amazing.

They also have more room for your ears compared to the QC35s. Basically a way better version of the QC35's for me.
Jul 23, 2009
104 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote: I read so much about these. I already have a really nice pair of different headphines. Basically I read all the hype about these. I find the sound muddy compared to my others which I’ve had for 4 years. It’s hard to explain. Every ear is different. You may think there great. Shrug. I’ve tried them with many different genre of music. Some sound ok. But for that price I would expect much better results. I’m using them with Tidal. That’s actually another reason I bought them. There suppose to play well with MASTER and whatever they call that 360 feature. I even emailed Sony. They were of NO help. I was quite surprised. I have had TVs from Sony and had great cust’mer service. Kinda threw me for a loop.
You're not alone — most of the YouTuber types go on and on about how great they sound and how many features the app has then post their Amazon affiliate links, but I've seen only a few audio-oriented reviewers point out how the bass bleeds into the mids and ends up muddy. Still the best ANC on the market, though, and the EQ does help.

Weirdly, their XM3 earbuds version of this doesn't have the same muddiness, as if it was tuned by a different team entirely...
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
1072 posts
91 upvotes
Samz2 wrote: You're not alone — most of the YouTuber types go on and on about how great they sound and how many features the app has then post their Amazon affiliate links, but I've seen only a few audio-oriented reviewers point out how the bass bleeds into the mids and ends up muddy. Still the best ANC on the market, though, and the EQ does help.

Weirdly, their XM3 earbuds version of this doesn't have the same muddiness, as if it was tuned by a different team entirely...
I've been burned by these youtubers, especially the most popular ones. I now take what they say with a grain of salt.
Search various reviews from various platforms, even on this forum to get sense if something will work (for me).