• Feb 12th, 2018 1:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1693 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton

[Amazon.ca] Sony WH1000XM2 - $398

Not a hot price but better than nothing.
adamm
36 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
1515 posts
40 upvotes
Same at The Source. After PSP discount I just paid 361 and change all in (319 plus tax). Been waiting for the price to drop and them to have these in stock.

Glad I saw your post and checked..
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1696 posts
791 upvotes
BC
tlamm wrote: Same at The Source. After PSP discount I just paid 361 and change all in (319 plus tax). Been waiting for the price to drop and them to have these in stock.

Glad I saw your post and checked..
If you order from the source, it is hot!
$359 all in..
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1548 posts
240 upvotes
Hamilton
Best deal was dec 31st and it was 299. Got mine delivered few weeks ago.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1693 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton
I hear the return policy at amazon is better (if there’s a chance you won’t like it). Not sure what the return policy is at the source
tester85 wrote: Best deal was dec 31st and it was 299. Got mine delivered few weeks ago.
Same here. It was a great deal. Who knows when it’ll be that low again though.
adamm
Banned
Dec 21, 2008
18 posts
2 upvotes
calgary
Been looking for Bose 35 or these. Thanks Guys, got em for 336 all in. Alberta rules!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3339 posts
1945 upvotes
Calgary
got mine last month from a Visions PM @$280 or so. the Sony has amazing ANC compared with my much cheaper Plantronics BBpro2. SQwise, I'd say the Sony is cleaner & arguably more clinical but thats only incomparo with the syrupy (in a very good way) BBpro2. even though the Sony is demonstrably more accurate, I like the sweet nature of the BBpro2 also so both complement each other.

but I will def take the Sony on flights & other noisy environments. put it on ANC mode & I cant hear anything except music.
Feb 21, 2014
430 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
Just a warning to people who buy these, they will break where the ear cup attached to the headband pretty quickly so beware.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2111 posts
1313 upvotes
Kitchener
pagefaultca wrote: Just a warning to people who buy these, they will break where the ear cup attached to the headband pretty quickly so beware.
Really? Been reading threads over the net about these and never heard that. Can you link to this, would love to read more?
Jul 21, 2009
285 posts
164 upvotes
Ottawa/Gatineau
What's the easiest/fastest way to get the PSP discount at the Source?
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10430 posts
6939 upvotes
pagefaultca wrote: Just a warning to people who buy these, they will break where the ear cup attached to the headband pretty quickly so beware.
I thought this has been addressed / fixed in the M2. No?
Feb 2, 2017
480 posts
586 upvotes
If you google sony 1000xm2 crack you get a ton of posts on Reddit by Jurgens. He keeps making baseless claims/accusations and people are wondering if the issue is widely overblown.

You can read some comments here https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/com ... like_sony/ and make your own judgement. I have had the headphone for a month. I don't baby it either and there are no signs of cracking. Sony Japan is not warrantying the cracked headband, but Canada, USA and Europe will provide warranty (AFAIK). Get extra warranty from Amazon if you think the headphones will break.
Last edited by jaydubz on Feb 2nd, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2111 posts
1313 upvotes
Kitchener
chatbox wrote: I thought this has been addressed / fixed in the M2. No?
Wait... were you talking about the headband cracking issue? If yes then Chatbox is right that was only issue with V1 And addressed for V2.
Dec 19, 2005
209 posts
69 upvotes
Westmount
Thanked, just got one from the source psp as well, just Google it to get an account.
Dec 22, 2006
174 posts
35 upvotes
I love these headphones. And they are still plastic. If you throw them around they will likely break. But I don’t see how they will break given normal use. But I’ve only had for a few weeks. So we will see
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2014
1044 posts
549 upvotes
I listened to these at bestbuy a few weeks ago and found them to be VERY bright, to the point of being sharp.

Even the Bose qc35 sounded better than these (not that I’d ever buy Bose).

Thanks, but not happening.

Id love to grab a listen to the b&w, b&o, or equivalent sennheiser, even.
Dec 17, 2006
141 posts
49 upvotes
Brampton
I have these now used to have the QC35 II I like the sound on these better (slightly) but if i call comes in the sound quality for the other party is terrible. the bose beats it by far. the noise cancelling on the bose are slightly better in my opinion. Use them while doing low impact stuff at the gym or while at the mall
Oct 22, 2016
270 posts
90 upvotes
costco.ca has it online for same price with better return policy if you dont like it