Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Soozier Multifunction Adjustable Squat Machine Deep Sissy Squat Leg Exerciser - $104.99 - free ship

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2021 10:59 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4091 posts
1967 upvotes
Mississauga

[Amazon.ca] Soozier Multifunction Adjustable Squat Machine Deep Sissy Squat Leg Exerciser - $104.99 - free ship

Soozier Multifunction Adjustable Squat Machine Deep Sissy Squat Leg Exerciser Push Up Ab Strength Training Home Gym Workout Black.

Lowest price now $104.99 and $8 off coupon.

Excellent piece of equipment for your home gym. Nothing "sissy" about it.

Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 3rd, 2021 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added detail to title for clarity
29 replies
Nov 6, 2012
305 posts
313 upvotes
Edmonton
I can do all 3 of these exercises without spending $100 though??
Sep 19, 2010
106 posts
82 upvotes
vancouver, BC
You only need legs to do these exercises and if you don't have legs, you can't use the machine anyways.
Oct 10, 2012
21 posts
37 upvotes
Vaughan
What's leg day? U mean arms?
Images
  • Johnnyb001.gif
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4091 posts
1967 upvotes
Mississauga
benilla wrote: I can do all 3 of these exercises without spending $100 though??
Excellent.
Feb 3, 2019
342 posts
330 upvotes
This brand sucks. I would never trust their equipment. I bought a bench and it was very flimsy and lots of play/moving parts. Very bad product
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8896 posts
1808 upvotes
Vancouver
Who you calling a sissy? You even lift?
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2642 posts
3814 upvotes
I don't know much about this brand. But a sissy squat machine itself is amazing. I've got a different sissy squat machine by Atlas Strength, and it cost more than double this. It's one of my most used pieces of equipment in my home gym though. It's a machine that isolates the quads, and core the more you lean back.

It absolutely destroys my quads (especially vastus medialis) and core. Think of it as a much more useful version of a leg extension machine. Despite the way it may look, it is safer on the knees as well compared to a leg extension.

The biomechanics of how a Sissy Squat machine works. By Brignole himself.

Biomechanics explains why these tax the legs as directly and intensely as they do and it has to do with direction of resistance and levers. You can load up a barbell with a bunch of weight and not hit the quads as much. But the calculus supports it. There’s also this neuromuscular phenomenon called reciprocal innervation, which is a fancy way to describe the way the body prevents opposing muscles from overloading and hurting ourselves, or just plain not functioning properly. By taking the glutes and lower back out of the equation with sissy squats, the quads actually operate more efficiently because they’re not trying to act in concert with the aforementioned muscles. So sissy squats are “all quads all the time” and therefore a great isolating exercise.

Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8896 posts
1808 upvotes
Vancouver
Caerus wrote: I don't know much about this brand. But a sissy squat machine itself is amazing. I've got a different sissy squat machine by Atlas Strength, and it cost more than double this. It's one of my most used pieces of equipment in my home gym though. It's a machine that isolates the quads, and core the more you lean back.

It absolutely destroys my quads (especially vastus medialis) and core. Think of it as a much more useful version of a leg extension machine. Despite the way it may look, it is safer on the knees as well compared to a leg extension.

The biomechanics of how a Sissy Squat machine works. By Brignole himself.

First video NSFW as an FYI
Autocorrect sucks
Mar 10, 2011
374 posts
272 upvotes
Niagara
Thanks op. I'lltry one.
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2642 posts
3814 upvotes
GangStarr wrote: First video NSFW as an FYI
How so, it's just a demonstration of the machine being used?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2642 posts
3814 upvotes
Fire Man wrote: That looks brutal for the knees.
Like I mentioned, despite the way it looks, it's safer on the knees than doing leg extensions. These types of machines are actually used in rehabilitation.

For example, think of how a leg extension machine works, and how people are so quick to load a ton of weight on them... You're loading weight at the ankles. During initial contraction, yes you're activating your quads. When you're legs have fully extended though, how is the weight now affecting you? You've got a substantial amount of weight at the far end of your body. The weight is at your ankles, pulling downward. Where's the support? It's a sheering force at your knees. The weight switched primarily from your quads (albeit still being utilised), to your knees and ligaments at an angle your body is not designed to support.

Leg extensions are actually more dangerous for you. I still use a leg extension machine when available. But I don't go higher than maybe 30lbs, and I focus on contraction and time under tension. Mostly for warming up or burning out at the end. When you start to load up a bunch of weight on a leg extension machine, you're just risking your knees more than you are improving your quads.
Oct 27, 2012
158 posts
219 upvotes
WINNIPEG
This is a deal forum, not an exercise discussion forum.

This is a great deal; $100 for a sissy squat bench is a great price.

Quality is good enough for the majority of home gyms; obviously not commercial quality, but a regular home user might put an hour a week on this thing; it'll be fine.

As for those saying this is bad for knees or you can do this at home without the bench: Dunning–Kruger