• May 25th, 2019 9:57 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
1594 posts
166 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon.ca] Soundcore Anker Liberty Air $99.99

Had my eye on some wireless headphones for a bit - 3c's has this at the lowest so far.

Previously used Jaybirds bluetooth headset but a few years old... wondering if I should give this style a shot...
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 25th, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
5 replies
Jan 30, 2017
34 posts
24 upvotes
Bought these for 89 a couple of weeks ago from Amazon CA. So far so good. They are really handy, and fit me snugly on the medium size. Decent sound but I'm not sure it will satisfy an audiophile. Because they are meant to fit well, they will cut off external sounds so keep that in mind.

I have used it for phone calls too. It delivers well if you are in a quiet area, but adds a static hiss. In noisy surroundings it doesn't do as well, and the FAQ on their website explain this.

Connectivity is pretty good. The right earplug is primary, so you can use it for calls. Left ear plug is secondary and connects to the right one. Connection to phone is good and immediate. On a rare occasion, the left ear dropped signal.

The only issue I have is with the tap on the earphones. Sometimes it doesn't work, and since there is a lag after the tap, you have to wait to find out if it worked or not. There is volume up down, answer call and Google assistant. No next or previous song.
Apr 11, 2003
681 posts
156 upvotes
Edmonton
Torontosepia wrote: The only issue I have is with the tap on the earphones. Sometimes it doesn't work, and since there is a lag after the tap, you have to wait to find out if it worked or not. There is volume up down, answer call and Google assistant. No next or previous song.
I don't have these, but another set of Anker's, and I'm reasonably confident holding the volume up/down for 2 seconds, does track forward/back as well....
Oct 7, 2017
716 posts
1177 upvotes
They were $89 a week ago so not so hot, just letting potential buyers know.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
1594 posts
166 upvotes
Ottawa
netwise wrote: I don't have these, but another set of Anker's, and I'm reasonably confident holding the volume up/down for 2 seconds, does track forward/back as well....
I have a speaker that double taps volume instead of hold for track changes... double tap would be nice if you're on the go (jogging), as holding is annoying.. but holding you never make a mistake, double tap sometimes I end up just changing the volume.
Feb 3, 2019
280 posts
273 upvotes
how does this compare to Zolo liberty+ ?