• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2020 12:08 am
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5182 posts
7000 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Not another Cheap Headphone. So much pollution. Buy 1 good set and call it a day. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3545 posts
3963 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: Not another Cheap Headphone. So much pollution. Buy 1 good set and call it a day. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
I would be over protective and worried about them if they are expensive. Those cheap ones I lose and find them without any worry. I have a couple for working around the house and for working out. Otherwise I have a good over the ear headset for office and chilling time.

Cant vouch for these. I have dudios and skullcandy buds.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5182 posts
7000 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
PriceHunter wrote: I would be over protective and worried about them if they are expensive. Those cheap ones I lose and find them without any worry. I have a couple for working around the house and for working out. Otherwise I have a good over the ear headset for office and chilling time.

Cant vouch for these. I have dudios and skullcandy buds.
Fair enough. Although. Get a good pair. The music you listen too. You'll hear sounds that you never thought were in the track.

Clinking Beer Mugs
Jul 14, 2010
94 posts
124 upvotes
Montreal
chilli604 wrote: Not another Cheap Headphone. So much pollution. Buy 1 good set and call it a day. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
On one hand I agree that cheap earbuds (although these seems less cheap than most) make us participate in the whole waste culture which is bad for the environment, but I've lost and broken so many earbuds that I don't know if it's justified to get some really nice ones. It's almost the same category as sunglasses for me.
Nov 1, 2009
630 posts
413 upvotes
Terrebonne
After loosing/breaking many headphones, I settled on only purchasing exclusively cheap headphones.
I found that paying more for a name brand doesn't always means it will more durable as my Xiaomi Pistons, Tin T2 and BLON 03 where more durable than the Panasonic, the Sony and Samsung I had and broke. To honnor the lifetime warranty of brand like KOSS, they charge more for shipping than the price of certain headphones I got on Aliexpress.
Dec 23, 2016
268 posts
316 upvotes
Ottawa
Micro-USB unfortunately and still expensive (even after the rebate) for what they are. No deal.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7078 posts
2150 upvotes
Richmond Hill
do ppl still buy these non-true wireless earbuds? theres so many good cheap TWS out there
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5933 posts
1046 upvotes
Calgary
I have them. Good fit, nice seal, amazing battery, average sound.
Oct 27, 2009
163 posts
734 upvotes
Toronto, ON, Canada
yesstyle wrote: do ppl still buy these non-true wireless earbuds? theres so many good cheap TWS out there
In certain situations, it's nice to have them resting around your neck.
Oct 18, 2011
330 posts
208 upvotes
Regina
I used to have good experience with anker. But I found soundbud slim and soundbud curve both have microphone issues: unless you are "eating" the mic while making a phone call, the other side can barely hear you. so if you plan to make lots of phone calls using these buds, be aware.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1486 posts
1377 upvotes
Moncton
yesstyle wrote: do ppl still buy these non-true wireless earbuds? theres so many good cheap TWS out there
Less bulk, no pairing hassles? Considering the amount of folks still using wired headphones, having a wire connecting the two earbuds isn't exactly a hardship. :)
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
1790 posts
1987 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
sswilson wrote: Less bulk, no pairing hassles? Considering the amount of folks still using wired headphones, having a wire connecting the two earbuds isn't exactly a hardship. :)
The wire between the buds is also beneficial in situations such as when you're working in the yard. If an earbud slips out, the cord means that it is less likely to fall to the ground and potentially get lost outdoors.
Sep 27, 2002
406 posts
61 upvotes
B.C
I have used
-Samsung Galaxy buds (came with phone)
-AirPods (used on android) (given to me as a gift)
-Anker Liberty+ (2 sets) (bought one, replaced by anker only to have the same issue)

IMO none of them are worth the price over the ~$40 Anker spirit X that has taken their place.
its battery lasts much longer, they stay in my ears while working/sweating, they don't have the issue of not pairing and the range seems to be much longer (might not be a issue for some but I keep my phone away from where Im working)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1225 posts
738 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
I get your point about electro-junk, although these are a pretty small compact bit of kit. Which is one of their great qualities. These should not be discussed as general "headphones" they are BT buds you can wear while working, working out etc. They are water-resitant. It's a specific product catagory. They sound good enough to me, and I've been around hi-end audio for decades.

If you know of a better-sounding water-resitant bluetooth sports buds for the money, please post. For that matter, if you know of better sounding "headphones" for 36$, post that as well. "Not another cheap headphone" doesn't help anyone.

I thought I'd check what folks are saying on Headfi.org about these Anker buds. (May not be exactly the same model as this)

Review on Head-fi.org: "Does the Slim+ sounds better than the Klipsch X11i? No. Is it more convenient than the BeatX in connection management? No. But remember, this is a pair of sub $30 headphones that sounds almost as good as something that is ten times the price. For day to day use, the sound is natural, the earbuds are comfortable, bluetooth range is extremely good when paired with the iPhone. Battery life is good. I recommend it."
Last edited by MooseOnLoose on Jul 11th, 2020 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1225 posts
738 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
I have admittedly not tried that style of headset. Having three separate parts seems fussy to me, I lose things too easily. Might be a better choice for a more tidy, organized person than myself.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5933 posts
1046 upvotes
Calgary
That's against the rules of rfd.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3332 posts
2950 upvotes
Victoria
I recently purchased the Anker Spirit X and JLab Air Buds Sport to compare - strictly for workouts. I much prefer the Anker, despite the wire. Better fit/isolation, better bass, and it’s nice to be able to hang them around my neck when chatting with people in the gym. And they were half the price of the JLabs.

My wife prefers the JLab. Different strokes for different folks.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16591 posts
4328 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
chilli604 wrote: Fair enough. Although. Get a good pair. The music you listen too. You'll hear sounds that you never thought were in the track.

Clinking Beer Mugs
I’ve finally understood this, post investing in Jabra Elites 75ts
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5182 posts
7000 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
weedb0y wrote: I’ve finally understood this, post investing in Jabra Elites 75ts
It's like bad weed vs good weed

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)