[Amazon Canada] SoundPEATS True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds $49.99

Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13202 posts
1522 upvotes
Mississauga
orbitdesign wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:34 am
What's the actual sound quality of these like? Any audiophiles care to weigh in? I know these are cheap so I'm not expecting miracles, just curious.
Their SoundCapsules are bit better. I have both versions. They just came up with True Engine2 as well. Which is officially on kickstarter but I am seeing it on Amazon.ca as well. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07QB2 ... 3E50EANKNS
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3817 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
mikered14 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:31 am
Minimum donation is $69 US
I stand corrected, I must've been remembering the early bird pricing instead.
Aug 19, 2007
71 posts
28 upvotes
I do a lot of conference calls on my cell phone, was thinking of picking up the airpods. Would these compare to the airpods?

They have this product (https://www.amazon.ca/SoundPEATS-TruePo ... 4JK14N8LUM) that looks more like the airpods, all of them say they have mics so not able to figure out the difference!
sunnyd71 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 7:40 am
I had a pair of these that I lost, will be picking up another now that they're on sale. They're great for the price. Regular is $65.99.

Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1844 posts
868 upvotes
GTA
weedb0y wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:43 am
Their SoundCapsules are bit better. I have both versions. They just came up with True Engine2 as well. Which is officially on kickstarter but I am seeing it on Amazon.ca as well. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07QB2 ... 3E50EANKNS
I bought a pair of these like a month ago.

I had to return them because they sounded exactly the same as my other pair of soundpeats and they stick out of the ear too much for me.
Jun 18, 2015
276 posts
192 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
sunnyd71 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:01 am
I only ever use them for max 3 hours a day and never ran out of power. I charge the case about every 3 weeks even using them daily.
I use these about ~3 hours at a time, 3-4 times a week. After a month, I lost ONE of the charge indicators on the case (there are 4 LED's)......the extra $$$ for the case is well worth it if you're a heavy user.

I'll mention that these do tend to disconnect sporadically - most of the times it's a quick drop out then reconnect, but rarely, the left one will disconnect and the only way I've been able to get it to re-pair is to put it back in the case and back out. Everything else about these are great. I really love the fact that they automatically pair as soon as I take them out of the case; no fiddling with settings on my phone or anything - they just work.
Last edited by sickcityxiii on Sep 12th, 2019 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 20, 2007
178 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this exact model on sale during Prime Day and have no real complaints for the price. They pair with my iPhone pretty well (seamless most times, but occasionally I have to force it) and the sound quality is good. I do find that my volume level has to be at like 80-100% to mimic what, with my wired headphones, is a normal volume level of like 60-75%. But that's not really a big deal.

The battery life is also good -- so good that I actually would probably recommend getting the model with the smaller case instead of these. As I said, I bought this version back during Prime Day and despite using them pretty much every weekday on my commute to and from work (maybe an hour in total each day), I *still haven't had to re-charge the case*. So I'm not sure there's much need for the extra bulk of this case since the battery life is more than enough.

The only noticeably subpar aspect is the microphone: any time I try to answer a call from my partner while wearing them, she complains that she can barely hear me and I end up having to take them out.
Last edited by NefariousFIG on Sep 12th, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 3, 2009
41 posts
8 upvotes
I found the microphone to be subpar, especially when in motion and/or outside in a noisy area (lots of background noise and static).
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1109 posts
870 upvotes
GTA
zigmanroxie wrote: Do these come with the over the ear clips to keep them in place?
You don’t need it. They fit very snug (at least my Jabra 65’s do). I thought the same thing but they haven’t fallen out once or gotten loose while mountain biking, running, working out etc.
Nov 29, 2009
212 posts
70 upvotes
North York
I have a pair of this got them from the previous sale for $5x. However I have a problem with stereo mode (two earbuds playing at the same time). I tried following the instructions on the manual. Every time I take out the right earbud first it starts playing. When I take out the left earbud after, it starts playing too but the right earbud will stop.

Can someone please help with that. Am I missing something?

Other than this issue I'm very happy with my purchase. Great battery life I only need to charge not even once a month even I use it 4 hours+ Monday to Friday