[Amazon Canada] SoundPEATS True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds $49.99

Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13202 posts
1522 upvotes
Mississauga
Akizuki wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:53 am
I bought a pair of these like a month ago.

I had to return them because they sounded exactly the same as my other pair of soundpeats and they stick out of the ear too much for me.
The highs are better on soundcapsules and MIC is much better. It does pick up background noise though. Their new ones trueengines2 claim to have active-noise cancellation for the mics
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1850 posts
1357 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I see there are couple key brand on Amazon for similar product, Anyone have idea which one is better brand?

SoundPEATS / ENACFIRE / TaoTronics / Aukey

Another thing is each brand have differ model, the spec are similar, so not sure what are the differ, the differ is price for +- $10~~$15 range
- 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
- Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13202 posts
1522 upvotes
Mississauga
cheapshopper wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 10:24 am
I see there are couple key brand on Amazon for similar product, Anyone have idea which one is better brand?

SoundPEATS / ENACFIRE / TaoTronics / Aukey

Another thing is each brand have differ model, the spec are similar, so not sure what are the differ, the differ is price for +- $10~~$15 range
Hands down, soundpeats are in the lead.
Sep 4, 2008
688 posts
101 upvotes
New Westminster
i have both the truecapsule and the true. they are both pretty good for their price, bass heavy though so u don't hear as much detail (recently got some 1000xm3, ya i know completely different ball park but switching to something not as bass heavy you hear much more). For the price, they are great for listening. If you unfortunately lose them, no big sweat (unlike jabra or airpods).

the mics though are not so good. I cant use them in calls without my caller complaining about them.

the truecapsule cannot be used in mono mode (to clarify, what i mean is u can only use it in mono for the right ear, left ear cannot be used by itself). the true can be used indepedently for both ears. However, I found that not very useful anyways because the skip track function (the one I use the most) is only mapped to the right ear, so I can only go previous track with left ear Face With Tears Of Joy

all in all, if you want true wireless earbuds without breaking the bank from a trusted retailer, these are great options.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1158 posts
903 upvotes
Hongcouver
How are these compared to the Redmi Airdots?
I have a lot of connectivity issues with the Airdots, and they cut out all the time especially when I am in downtown area......
I thought about saving enough for the new Sony ones, but wanted to know how these are.
From comments it sounds like the Soundpeats are a lot better than even some bigger brand names.
CheapBuddy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 2:34 pm
thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11023 posts
2591 upvotes
weedb0y wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:43 am
Their SoundCapsules are bit better. I have both versions. They just came up with True Engine2 as well. Which is officially on kickstarter but I am seeing it on Amazon.ca as well. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07QB2 ... 3E50EANKNS
That's the 1st generation. And they were$50.99 last week. Price should drop again.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1844 posts
868 upvotes
GTA
brclho wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 10:30 am
i have both the truecapsule and the true. they are both pretty good for their price, bass heavy though so u don't hear as much detail (recently got some 1000xm3, ya i know completely different ball park but switching to something not as bass heavy you hear much more). For the price, they are great for listening. If you unfortunately lose them, no big sweat (unlike jabra or airpods).

the mics though are not so good. I cant use them in calls without my caller complaining about them.

the truecapsule cannot be used in mono mode (to clarify, what i mean is u can only use it in mono for the right ear, left ear cannot be used by itself). the true can be used indepedently for both ears. However, I found that not very useful anyways because the skip track function (the one I use the most) is only mapped to the right ear, so I can only go previous track with left ear Face With Tears Of Joy

all in all, if you want true wireless earbuds without breaking the bank from a trusted retailer, these are great options.
When I had my True capsules, I noticed the left isnt really independant from the right. If you wiggle the right ear while it is in the case just right, it will disable the left ear. So while the left ear looks like it is independently playing, the right ear is actually playing while sitting in the case.
Sep 4, 2008
688 posts
101 upvotes
New Westminster
Akizuki wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 10:40 am
When I had my True capsules, I noticed the left isnt really independant from the right. If you wiggle the right ear while it is in the case just right, it will disable the left ear. So while the left ear looks like it is independently playing, the right ear is actually playing while sitting in the case.
thats what i meant, the truecapsule (the one with the stem) does not work independently on the left. the true (the round pebble looking one) does. for the true u have to pair left and right ear independently. to use only left ear, you must connect the left ear first without turning on the right ear. hope it clarifies it a little.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5534 posts
370 upvotes
Vancouver
Is the latest version the best?
Oct 9, 2011
832 posts
335 upvotes
GTA
Once they have been paired initially, then the next time I take them out of the charging case, they will pair with the phone. The thing to note is the right one pairs first, then the left pairs to the right earbud.
1 x Zoomer Wireless $40.50 loyalty plan - 5 GB of data!
5 x Freedom Mobile plans
Ecobee 3 Lite courtesy of Green On (ie tax payers)
May 31, 2018
21 posts
59 upvotes
I'm lost, there are so many different versions of Soundpeats True Wireless earbuds. What's the difference between them (besides what I can see on pictures):

1) https://www.amazon.ca/SoundPEATS-Blueto ... B07NVLL8GW

2) https://www.amazon.ca/SoundPEATS-Blueto ... B07NVLL8GW

3) https://www.amazon.ca/SoundPEATS-Blueto ... B07Q34JMBD

4) https://www.amazon.ca/SoundPEATS-Wirele ... B07HMRF9XT

5) https://www.amazon.ca/SoundPEATS-Blueto ... B07QB22QZS

6) https://www.amazon.ca/SoundPEATS-Blueto ... B07PVJTQ26

Which ones are the best? Why is the price so different (from 30 to 60 for "the same" thing)?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5534 posts
370 upvotes
Vancouver
weedb0y wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:43 am
Their SoundCapsules are bit better. I have both versions. They just came up with True Engine2 as well. Which is officially on kickstarter but I am seeing it on Amazon.ca as well. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07QB2 ... 3E50EANKNS
Too bad this is not on sale. Otherwise I would probably get this. Here is a review.

Feb 5, 2015
147 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
like the previous poster, lost in the multitude of options.

whats the best value for pairing with android phone, used mostly for youtube/podcasts (no phone calls).
Oct 11, 2004
639 posts
86 upvotes
Montreal, Qc
I wonder how all these more expensive buds compare to the cheap UMIDIGI Upods @$13.48 on Ali?
Nov 27, 2017
84 posts
237 upvotes
flora0222 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 10:14 am
I have a pair of this got them from the previous sale for $5x. However I have a problem with stereo mode (two earbuds playing at the same time). I tried following the instructions on the manual. Every time I take out the right earbud first it starts playing. When I take out the left earbud after, it starts playing too but the right earbud will stop.

Can someone please help with that. Am I missing something?

Other than this issue I'm very happy with my purchase. Great battery life I only need to charge not even once a month even I use it 4 hours+ Monday to Friday
Check this video it helped me! requires patience to follow