Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] SoundPEATS True Wireless BT Earbuds - TrueFree, TreeFree+, Q32 $52.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2019 3:35 pm
[OP]
Jan 23, 2010
195 posts
52 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] SoundPEATS True Wireless BT Earbuds - TrueFree, TreeFree+, Q32 $52.99

Was looking for a pair of truly wireless earphones that don't break the bank like the Airpods or Galaxy Buds do

All three models are at the all-time lowest prices per CCC. The Plus model seems to be a straight upgrade over the original, with better battery life. While difference between the Plus model and Q32 looks to be a bigger case but with even better battery life
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 2nd, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wrong Amazon, added price to title
46 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5136 posts
1608 upvotes
Vancouver
D rating on fakespot
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
1304 posts
224 upvotes
All models should be the same actual hardware. The upgrade levels are just for bigger battery storage cases
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3650 posts
2521 upvotes
Toronto
I have the Q32, it's pretty solid for the price. I used it on two flights recently, battery life was pretty impressive. They didn't die on me, although i only used them for about 1.5 hours and then charged them right away. Sound quality is pretty decent too...for < $60 you can't complain.

You can even use the pair seperately...so for example you can have the right paired to one device, and the left paired to another device. Useful if you're traveling with a companion who forgets their headphones or something similar.
Mar 20, 2013
51 posts
14 upvotes
Surrey
I've had the 15 hour and 35 hour ones for about 2 weeks - these are fantastic. Sound quality is really good, no connectivity issues or cut-outs in connection. I went for a 4km jog the other day with these and they were secure in my ear - I pushed them in maybe twice during the jog but otherwise they were stable.

Not sure about the mic/call quality - my friend said I sounded "far away"...

I'd recommend the 35 hour or the 52 hour set - the closing case is worth it for the extra $5.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1849 posts
1542 upvotes
Waterloo
I've had soundpeat BT headphones with a wire in-between. they were pretty good. these got bad reviews on fakespot but i'd give them a try before dismissing them.
Aug 31, 2014
529 posts
876 upvotes
ontario
hesp wrote: D rating on fakespot
Where are you even seeing that? Besides not being very reliable itself I'm seeing a C rating on the true wireless buds.
Banned
Aug 3, 2005
1235 posts
1166 upvotes
Growingupisold wrote: Where are you even seeing that? Besides not being very reliable itself I'm seeing a C rating on the true wireless buds.
D Rating. Most the reviews are fake.

https://www.fakespot.com/product/soundp ... 2f4f61f87e

Soundpeats (2 years ago) used to send me all their newest headphones for $0 in exchange for good reviews on amazon. This is their business model.

With that said, some were good (like only decent), some sucked. These......these def suck.

I found its always better to spend an extra $30-$40ish and get a reputable brand...unless you dont give a flying eff about sound quality...then these are ok.
Aug 31, 2014
529 posts
876 upvotes
ontario
ekcivichb wrote: D Rating. Most the reviews are fake.

Soundpeats (2 years ago) used to send me all their newest headphones for $0 in exchange for good reviews on amazon. This is their business model.

With that said, some were good, some sucked. These......these def suck.
Fair enough, FakeSpot seems to change the rating depending on which model's URL you plug in.

Makes me glad that I avoided these the last time they were on sale, went with something someone recommended on here instead and am very happy.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1005 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like the black plus for $41 is the best value for money. debating if I should pull the trigger ...
Dec 14, 2006
194 posts
11 upvotes
Growingupisold wrote: Fair enough, FakeSpot seems to change the rating depending on which model's URL you plug in.

Makes me glad that I avoided these the last time they were on sale, went with something someone recommended on here instead and am very happy.
I don't really trust fakespot they will review an item poorly at one moment and then a seperate URL review it highly. The algorithm they use isn't accurate.
May 6, 2014
21 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I bought these recently and returned them. The connection was cutting in and out, and they are rather big for my ears so were quite uncomfortable.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14698 posts
3547 upvotes
Growingupisold wrote: Fair enough, FakeSpot seems to change the rating depending on which model's URL you plug in.

so which one is recommended?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4950 posts
4000 upvotes
ekcivichb wrote: D Rating. Most the reviews are fake.

With that said, some were good (like only decent), some sucked. These......these def suck.

I found its always better to spend an extra $30-$40ish and get a reputable brand...unless you dont give a flying eff about sound quality...then these are ok.
Fake spot itself is fake though as they are not accurate at all, they give wildly different ratings on same products

Fwiw, I got these last time they were posted on here, for the price , they are decent truly wireless earbuds. Build quality and battery life is good. Sound quality is acceptable especially for the price

Not sure what other truly wireless earbuds are out there for this price
Sep 2, 2007
276 posts
197 upvotes
This fakespot site is news to me, interesting site, however I don't like how little detail in the algorithms work or what they use to determine whats fake or not, for all I know companies could be paying them off too lol...

The only easy way for me is to do the usual scouring thru reviews and checking dates and copy/paste/generic reviews and factoring the type of product, not too hard once you get used to it.
The "trendy" apple airpod wannabe's would be pretty high on the potential fake list however.

I was looking at these exact pairs but I ended up getting Sol Republic Airs on sale at best buy (as I do care about sound quality) and another cheapo amazon pair just for kicks.
The Sol Republic has gotten some really good reviews and are at a good price. The amazon ones is another story, but I'm all about giving things a fair shake first so we'll see how it goes.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/so ... 46600.aspx?
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07H15 ... UTF8&psc=1
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7018 posts
2668 upvotes
Calgary
eriques wrote: I bought these recently and returned them. The connection was cutting in and out, and they are rather big for my ears so were quite uncomfortable.
I paid $34.84 for mine but I returned them for the same reasons. Sound quality was good though it's true they cut in and out, that part was annoying. The biggest problem I had with them was the fitting of the buds, wore them too tight they hurt, wore them loosely they fell out of my ears. Tried all the sizes, nothing worked. Back they went to Amazon.
Jun 20, 2010
435 posts
332 upvotes
Vancouver
I have these and I use them for the gym. They are awesome and I don't have connection problems. Sound quality is good IMO.
I'm using a Galaxy S8.
Jul 18, 2013
71 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Bought the lowest tier of the earphones during the lightning deal post a few weeks back and liked them so much that I purchased the mid tier offering with the closing charging case. I gave the ones I previously ordered to my brother. Neither of us have had any problems with our earphones since (knock on wood), and I enjoy listening to them. Sound quality is great and it stays in my ear snuggly. There are also additional cup sizes included to fit different ears, but I and my brother have simply used the ones they came with. Haven't noticed the connection drop once and the one time I tried them for a call the person said they were fine.

For the price you pay, these seem to be an absolute steal and I'm trying not to purchase one more set for a rainy day/gift. Hopefully they hold up, but to paraphrase what someone said in the past thread, if your $40 earphones die on you after 1-2 years, you feel a lot better that you didn't spend either double the price or more on a more recognizable brand.

Just my .02

edit: oh, and if you're struggling to pick which ones to get, I'd say go with the mid tier option. The capsule case is very small and compact, and the ability to close it is great. The top tier charging case used to come with some bells and whistles that they seemed to have taken away so it doesn't seem as worth it.
Jun 13, 2012
125 posts
132 upvotes
Calgary
I haven't had any connections problems and it sounds great.
Use them for the gym all the time now.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2497 posts
1649 upvotes
Montreal
Sicklyslick wrote: I've had soundpeat BT headphones with a wire in-between. they were pretty good. these got bad reviews on fakespot but i'd give them a try before dismissing them.
Same here, I own the same headphones that you are talking about and they work great. I wouldn't hesistate on these especially with the Amazon garantee.