[Amazon Canada] Soundpeats TrueFree True wireless earbuds, price drop

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2019 12:19 am
Jan 29, 2015
90 posts
27 upvotes
halcyon wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 11:00 am
Aside from price, is there a difference?
I asked the same question. The only noticeable differences are the new version the case uses USB c, and obviously the design is different. But I'd also like to know especially performance wise.
Jan 29, 2015
90 posts
27 upvotes
halcyon wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 11:07 am
Found the answer from the faqs:

For Truepods, It's Dual clear mic for both of the earbuds , Type-C charging slot and different chips with Truecapsule. so they have different price and cost.
I think the old version also has a mic on each earphone so...
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3549 posts
1176 upvotes
rytwjyx wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 11:07 am
I asked the same question. The only noticeable differences are the new version the case uses USB c, and obviously the design is different. But I'd also like to know especially performance wise.
Usb c, dual mic and something about a different chipset. What that means in the end is anyones guess.
Jan 29, 2015
90 posts
27 upvotes
I bought both and will compare. Also worth mentioning that there were no taxes added when I placed the order.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5657 posts
1539 upvotes
Scarborough
Dealter wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:52 am
How are the Phone calls with this one, I am looking for True Wireless Earphones with good calling capabilities, but haven't been able to find anything which comes close to Apple's offering in that regard.
The ones you listed are decent as the mic is angled closer to your mouth. But I can't say they're as good as airpods. The pencil design is a lot better than the oval, in ear ones regarding call quality. If the phone call is important, I wouldn't use these at all and stick to using the phone
Sep 27, 2018
20 posts
7 upvotes
Can't speak about the True Wireless but the TrueFrees are not that great with calls. Sound is phenomenal for the price, especially for music (depending on which model you get, video is great too but the TrueFrees have a delay of 0.5 second which some may not like for video watching). Calls though, I've been told by my callers that they couldn't hear me clearly so I usually have to speak louder for them. Again, great for music and battery life is amazing, but using it for calls are so so. I always just end up using my phone's mic instead than the earphones.
Last edited by RainingMengo on Sep 12th, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 13, 2013
379 posts
235 upvotes
ray90 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:59 am
I've been doing a lot of research on wireless buds. I ended up getting the Creative Outlier Air. They are very highlight rated and doesn't break the bank. Only issue is that you need to order from the US. For some odd reason no one sells them in Canada (not even Amazon).
Are you saying that the Creative buds are good for calls?, if yes, I will try to get them from the US.

Also, how's the fit on them... good for Gym, Running, etc.?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4226 posts
615 upvotes
redkulat wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 10:24 am
Soundpeats are heavily underrated. I have yet to charge mine from March because the case takes care of that. I use them every so often with my Fire Stick. The only issue with the Fire stick is i can't control the volume with the headphones but its not too bad.
I got these from an earlier sale as well. Great value, use them daily, for all different activities. Was worried that they'd constantly fall out when running (outdoor or treadmill), but they haven't fallen out once. Only time I had one fall out was when I was doing some yardwork in +30 weather and was sweating excessively.

I also use mine with FireTV, works great everytime other than no volume control. These always consistently sync instantly when removed from the case, and you can use them with only one bud (mono) or the second one will sync instantly to the first if you want to use both.

Highly recommended, especially at this price.
Dec 31, 2006
614 posts
62 upvotes
Dealter wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 12:29 pm
Are you saying that the Creative buds are good for calls?, if yes, I will try to get them from the US.

Also, how's the fit on them... good for Gym, Running, etc.?
Here's a review for them, which also includes a mic test.

And a review from sound guys (https://www.soundguys.com/creative-outl ... iew-23215/)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7263 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
Yep, you put the review and then notify them that it's up, and then you can request to get a credit of 40% off your previous order.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2008
1082 posts
172 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Thanks OP.
Got the one without a cover.
Is the cover useful? Is that the only difference?

Seems like no point paying extra 7 bucks for a cover lol
Dec 17, 2018
179 posts
150 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm confused about how long these last. This is what it says on the amazon site: The total 15 hours is talking about the playtime with charging case, not single use time per charge.

So do are they trash after 15 hours of use?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4226 posts
615 upvotes
snazarella wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 4:21 pm
I'm confused about how long these last. This is what it says on the amazon site: The total 15 hours is talking about the playtime with charging case, not single use time per charge.

So do are they trash after 15 hours of use?
You wrote the same thing in the other thread, considering this a troll post now.

Anyway, they are functionally exactly the same as Airpods. They will have an internal charge of about 4-6 hrs, and the case has its own internal charge for about 3-5 recharges of the buds themselves (depending on which model you buy). The case has a usb charger so the internal battery can be charged again and again. The buds can only be charged via the case, but the case can be recharged using usb.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5657 posts
1539 upvotes
Scarborough
Jenniyah wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 3:41 pm
Thanks OP.
Got the one without a cover.
Is the cover useful? Is that the only difference?

Seems like no point paying extra 7 bucks for a cover lol
One time I dropped the case and the earbuds fell out, which might not happen (or the buds might not go as far). A problem if you drop it in a busy place.

Also dust and dirt can get into the charging case if it doesn't have a cover. The lidless charging case also holds less of a charge, but that is not as big of a deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2008
1082 posts
172 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
SkimGuy wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 9:03 am
One time I dropped the case and the earbuds fell out, which might not happen (or the buds might not go as far). A problem if you drop it in a busy place.

Also dust and dirt can get into the charging case if it doesn't have a cover. The lidless charging case also holds less of a charge, but that is not as big of a deal.
gah! i was going to cancel my order and get the one with a lid, but it already shipped. Darn it!

Thx for the feedback tho! i'll find something to cover the top portion and make a ghetto lid :P