• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2021 2:30 pm
[OP]
Oct 26, 2012
91 posts
55 upvotes
Whitehorse

[Amazon.ca] Soundpeats TrueShift2 Bluetooth Headphones

My Jaybird X2's died and I was in search of something decent, but wasn't wanting to spend a ton.

I usually research things to death, so I ended up buying these Soundpeats off Amazon, due to numerous favourable reviews. Bluetooth 5.0, and the case is also a battery bank.

Current price is 55.99 but there is an instant coupon for $15 off.

I am pleasantly surprised. Decent noise cancellation. Plenty loud. I'm not an audiophile but the lows and highs seem good. Pairing was sooo easy and seamless. They stay snug in the ear.and are comfortable.

I am stoked on these so far. Go pick up a pair!
Images
  • 20210129_174802.jpg
12 replies
Oct 16, 2016
20 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
I personally own these from researching good budget earbuds and I've been extremely happy with these. I love that these are also usb-c. All connectors should be USB-C in 2021
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1063 posts
366 upvotes
I went through so many of these... ended up buying a pair of AirPods and in the end I should have just gone that way in the beginning to save my wasted $$$.
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Nov 25, 2019
81 posts
81 upvotes
Have these, paid about $33. Solid value, good sound. If I'm being picky, they are a bit bass-heavy but the mids and highs do come through well, just not as balanced as you'd get from higher end headphones. They were my first true bluetooth headphones, since upgraded to the Jabra 75's so these don't get as much use anymore, but they are very decent. Would recommend for $41. Also, the case as a battery bank is awesome.
[OP]
Oct 26, 2012
91 posts
55 upvotes
Whitehorse
For 40 bucks, I'm happy. Glad I didn't buy something in the $100+ range. These are better than my Jaybirds.
Apr 15, 2004
721 posts
159 upvotes
Keny wrote: Would the SoundPEATS Truengine 3 SE Earphones with Dual Dynamic Drivers a better buy for $48? Just $7 more.

https://www.amazon.ca/SoundPEATS-Trueng ... B08CDHVR2W
I have these for Teams calls at work. They're great. I use a proper desktop microphone, so I don't know how well they work as a headset but they're very comfortable in my ears for hours at a time and always pair immediately after taking them out of the case. You can also use either one independently while the other charges if you want.
Jul 28, 2010
771 posts
402 upvotes
Wow 6 hours listening on a full charge, charging case can charge earpieces fully 16 times, plus it serves as a power bank for other devices. Large case tho. Scarbir rated it 4 stars. I noticed a bunch of other Soundpeats on sale as well, including Trueair2 for $40 and Sonic for $48, both of which scarbir rated 5 stars.

So many offerings in headphones...
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3201 posts
1334 upvotes
Montreal
325i wrote: I went through so many of these... ended up buying a pair of AirPods and in the end I should have just gone that way in the beginning to save my wasted $$$.
Most of these have better sound quality than your standard airpods at 1/3 of the price. Apple doesn't excel in the audio department at all...
Dec 3, 2020
29 posts
26 upvotes
Interested in the truengine 3 SE but the mic sounds quite muffled in some YouTube reviews ...
Oct 15, 2009
18 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal
Braddock54 wrote: My Jaybird X2's died and I was in search of something decent, but wasn't wanting to spend a ton.

I usually research things to death, so I ended up buying these Soundpeats off Amazon, due to numerous favourable reviews. Bluetooth 5.0, and the case is also a battery bank.

Current price is 55.99 but there is an instant coupon for $15 off.

I am pleasantly surprised. Decent noise cancellation. Plenty loud. I'm not an audiophile but the lows and highs seem good. Pairing was sooo easy and seamless. They stay snug in the ear.and are comfortable.

I am stoked on these so far. Go pick up a pair!
How's the mic for phone calls? with both headphones and with only one? can people hear you well?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1063 posts
366 upvotes
kenze wrote: Most of these have better sound quality than your standard airpods at 1/3 of the price. Apple doesn't excel in the audio department at all...
Probably yes - but when it comes to making calls, especially outside... the AirPods win (for me).

BUT - that's just my experience...
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs