[Amazon.ca] Splendor Garden Organic Gluten Free Thick Rolled Oats, 908 Grams

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2020 3:19 am
[OP]
Jul 7, 2008
779 posts
419 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Splendor Garden Organic Gluten Free Thick Rolled Oats, 908 Grams

Was looking for oats and stumbled on this limited time deal.
Regular price is $8.54 on sale for $4.
Is it an add-on item.

Enjoy! Deal expired.
Thanks everyone
Last edited by AceMagnet on Nov 5th, 2020 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Jul 17, 2007
501 posts
706 upvotes
Montreal
I don't get he down votes, it's a solid price for gf organic oats
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
Aug 2, 2018
22 posts
10 upvotes
Killer deal! Organic oats that are also gluten free, very hard to come by especially at this price. Thanks!
[OP]
Jul 7, 2008
779 posts
419 upvotes
In4mer514 wrote: I don't get he down votes, it's a solid price for gf organic oats
Yeah I agree, I guess they like their Quaker oaks.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1879 posts
897 upvotes
Home
MatthewP50040 wrote: Killer deal! Organic oats that are also gluten free, very hard to come by especially at this price. Thanks!
Oats have gluten!?
Aug 2, 2018
22 posts
10 upvotes
I RFD wrote: Oats have gluten!?
Oats are typically milled in the same Mills as flour and other grains, if they are not milled separately, or do not take precautions to reduce contamination they will have higher levels of gluten in the ppm. I will note however, some people with celiac disease cannot have any oats. As one of the proteins in oats is somewhat similar to the traditionally accepted proteins that we call gluten. So that's about 20% of people with celiac disease according to an Australian research paper. So yes if you have celiac disease getting certified oats is important.
Jun 19, 2010
532 posts
366 upvotes
Vancouver
MatthewP50040 wrote: Oats are typically milled in the same Mills as flour and other grains, if they are not milled separately, or do not take precautions to reduce contamination they will have higher levels of gluten in the ppm. I will note however, some people with celiac disease cannot have any oats. As one of the proteins in oats is somewhat similar to the traditionally accepted proteins that we call gluten. So that's about 20% of people with celiac disease according to an Australian research paper. So yes if you have celiac disease getting certified oats is important.
Well said. I usually do the only oats brand because they use purity protocol to ensure its safe for people with celiac (which I found out I had a few years back). I'm going to give these a shot at this price, thanks op!
Jun 21, 2007
43 posts
51 upvotes
Prince George, BC
Seems like a great price from a solid brand (love their spices), but are these hypochondriac free? I'm worried about them reacting with my sensitivity to googling maladies.
Nov 3, 2013
9 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
I really like thick rolled oats. They're heavier and more satisfying than normal "old fashioned" oats.