Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] SSD Drive Amazon.ca $219.99 tax in with coupon XPG GAMMIX 1TB S11 Pro 3D NAND PCIe NVMe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2019 8:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1222 posts
251 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] SSD Drive Amazon.ca $219.99 tax in with coupon XPG GAMMIX 1TB S11 Pro 3D NAND PCIe NVMe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD

EDIT May 25th, 2019 It looks like the price is back up but check it daily if you are interested as it is highly likely that it will go on sale again soon.

TL:DR Excellent drive [great performance, very solid endurance] for an excellent price (70 bucks off with coupon, no taxes charged by this vendor), act fast if you are interested as there are only 9 left in the 1 TB size. The SX8200 Pro is also on sale with a coupon.

Edit May 24th, 2019-it looks like there is an 80 dollar coupon on the drive now!

There have been several excellent deals on NVMe drives posted by redflagdealsguy and others and this deal is very similar to recent deals but with the added bonus that the XPG GAMMIX 1TB S11 Pro is now on sale as well. It is a higher-end version of the S11 and it is basically the same as the SX8200 Pro which is $218.99, which sure looks like a price reduction to me.

The Gammix series is XPG's high-end series and it offers better endurance, better controllers a heat sink and more.

This review is very favourable:

"Final Thoughts
I liked the GAMMIX S11, but I love the GAMMIX S11 PRO. ADATA took the feedback they got from the S11 and improved the drive to be able to stand up against the tough competition in this field. We get great performance from the drive which in itself is a beautiful piece of tech.

The XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro is packed with the latest controller which in return provides the best in features. From End-to-End data protection over RAID Engine and LDPC ECC to DevSLP, the drive features it all. ADATA also added a DRAM cache buffer and SLC caching for that extra boost when it matters. All in all, it makes the XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro one of the best NVMe drives available."

"Pros
Great performance
Latest in technology packed together
Built-in heatsink
And it’s also Great Looking
Affordable, even in the 1TB version

Cons
Can’t use the built-in heatsink as well as motherboard-provided heatsinks. Something to keep in mind."

Something to keep in mind is that SSD prices have been falling for some time and they are likely to fall into the summer but they may or may not continue to drop with the back-to-school rush (who knows?!). See this article for more info.
Last edited by feminazi on May 25th, 2019 10:34 am, edited 6 times in total.
Thread Summary
TL:DR Excellent NVMe SSD M2 drive [great performance, very solid endurance] for an excellent price (70 bucks off with coupon, no taxes charged by this vendor), act fast if you are interested as there are only 9 left in the 1 TB size. The SX8200 Pro is also on sale with a coupon.
102 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
7777 posts
3255 upvotes
MVRD
Lovely! Another great deal on PCIe NVMe SSD. Thanks OP.

(FYI: The TL:DR should read "Buy now, think later") ;-)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
7555 posts
7832 upvotes
Quick and Dirty:
GAMMIX Pro = 970 EVO Plus > SX8200 Pro

RFDGuy approved drive. Ask OP, lol.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1222 posts
251 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
May 10th, 2019 9:55 pm
Quick and Dirty:
GAMMIX Pro = 970 EVO Plus > SX8200 Pro

RFDGuy approved drive. Ask OP, lol.
I made sure I consulted with red before I posted this haha it is true!!

What a drive for this price damn!!! No tax?! It might be cheaper but who knows how much cheaper and when and will there be taxes on that price?!

There are only 5 left in stock!

The SX8200 Pro is no joke either and it is on sale again as well so if this one goes OOS consider it. It is red-approved too!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
1751 posts
407 upvotes
Calgary
Been wanting one of these for a while for my Maximus Hero VIII, so I grabbed one.

There was one left when I finished.
Nov 17, 2007
207 posts
15 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Just ordered one. Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1222 posts
251 upvotes
yym789 wrote:
May 10th, 2019 11:00 pm
OOS
It says there are 5 left but the original vendor is sold out so unless they restock the 1 TB is not on sale anymore. The 512GB is still on sale though and it looks like the SX8200 Pro is off-sale as well. Wow these deals don't last! I think the quantities are quite low so if you are interested you have to act quite rapidly to get in on the deal . . .they will go on sale again in a month or two probably. They must be fighting for market share and/or clearing out excess inventory but why not sell more units per sale if that was the case? Is it more of a promotional activity?!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4004 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
Price - awesome. Performance - fantastic.

Personally, I shelled out an extra ~$100 for the 1TB 970 EVO Plus since I'm leery of SSD's long-term reliability outside the biggies (Intel, Samsung, Crucial) , but great price for a fast SSD!
Last edited by jiffylube1024 on May 11th, 2019 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4473 posts
3535 upvotes
jiffylube1024 wrote:
May 11th, 2019 10:53 am
Price - awesome. Performance - fantastic.

Personally, I shelled out an extra ~$100 for the 1TB EVO Plus since I'm leery of third party SSD's (who is XPG?), but great price for a fast ssd!
ADATA

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)