Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Stainless steel egg cooker, 7 egg capacity, poached/hard boiled/omelet, $20

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 6:19 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1171 posts
906 upvotes
Hongcouver
death_hawk wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 3:49 pm
I have owned one actually. Ended up tossing it when I moved because it was taking up space when I switched to pressure cooking eggs.

Same deal. Switched to a pot when I moved then to a pressure cooker.

I don't know how many eggs are involved in a keto diet, but my 6qt can do like 15 eggs racked and FAR more just sitting inside stacked.
I tried to not eat too many, but at least 2 for breakfast, and 1-2 more throughout the day.
I have never through of using Instant Pot and I will definitely give that a try, but you need the egg tray right? Do you need to poke the hole on top? I am an instant pot faithful, I would love to try this out.
CheapBuddy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 2:34 pm
thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23891 posts
9454 upvotes
DealPanda wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 5:27 pm
I tried to not eat too many, but at least 2 for breakfast, and 1-2 more throughout the day.
Oh that's not even that many. I was expecting like a dozen or more a day.
I have never through of using Instant Pot and I will definitely give that a try, but you need the egg tray right?
You don't necessarily NEED a tray but it does make getting a larger volume of eggs in and out easier.
You could just toss (or rather gently place) a bunch of eggs into some other container (I use a bowl) and stick that in there using those tongs type things for grabbing bowls.
Or you could just toss them in directly, but the bottom ones might be weird.
Do you need to poke the hole on top?
Nope.
I am an instant pot faithful, I would love to try this out.
I have a regular pressure cooker, but I can't imagine that it'd be that much different.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7414 posts
2652 upvotes
Markham
Kaida9 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 12:05 pm
They peel soooooooo much easier and no whites stuck to the shell.
3 minutes for runny yolks.
4 minutes for perfect hard boiled eggs.
Is this correct? 3 min for soft and 4 for hard boiled?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Mar 23, 2017
104 posts
65 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 4:46 pm
Since I don't use the Instant Pot method:
Questions: How much water do you use? Trivet or no trivet, Do you bring water to a boil and then add eggs or do you use cold water and eggs + manual pressure at same time? how do you time eggs in the IP...is it manual high pressure, isn't there some variation in time to pressure depending on amount of water/eggs? Natural release or quick.

If you boil the water and then add eggs into the IP, it's really the same as steaming, in which case you aren't really instant pot'ing.

I really don't think steam method is more work. Take any pot you have, add 1 inch of water, put on stove with trivet, bring water to boil [or add boiling hot water to 1 inch level of the pot] => add eggs and hit timer according to doneness preference. Timer rings, turn off heat and run eggs under cold water [eggs under water is not required but if you're making anything but hard boiled ie soft/medium boiled eggs you want to stop cooking immediately], There is absolute precision in the timing...it's not only about the peel (steamed is also easy peel) it's more about the exact doneness to me.
Use your method if you want, Im sure it works too. I add 1 cup of water, the steamer rack and then however many eggs I want to use. 8 minutes on high pressure, quick release. I'm not super picky on my eggs and don't like runny yolks so it's perfect for me.
What I like about it is I doesnt take any of my attention after I set it, I generally only do them when making my famous potato salad (every potluck I go to, it's always a big hit) which takes a couple hours to prep. I do the eggs first then prep the rest while they are cooking.
Jul 23, 2011
269 posts
152 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
gr8dlr wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 6:44 pm
Is this correct? 3 min for soft and 4 for hard boiled?
I use the trivet and 1 cup water with any amount of eggs.
I use the egg button on my instant pot.
3min runny yolk, 4 min firm/hard.
Remove once timer goes off.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7414 posts
2652 upvotes
Markham
Kaida9 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 12:35 am
I use the trivet and 1 cup water with any amount of eggs.
I use the egg button on my instant pot.
3min runny yolk, 4 min firm/hard.
Remove once timer goes off.
Maybe I'll try IP eggs this w/end just for the hell of it.

IMO Hard Boiled is a nothing special...you can overcook it and it makes no difference, I'm just very surprised it's only 1 min difference in pressure cook time.
Medium or medium/soft or soft runny boiled are totally different challenge.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2067 posts
596 upvotes
If you want proper eggs get a sous vide.
You can pasteurize them and use them "raw". Or you can make perfect soft boiled eggs.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23891 posts
9454 upvotes
tim-x wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 9:49 am
If you want proper eggs get a sous vide.
You can pasteurize them and use them "raw". Or you can make perfect soft boiled eggs.
Oddly enough I pressure cook my eggs for a minute or two after sous vide to really set the whites.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5402 posts
5480 upvotes
Toronto
DragonRider wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 1:36 pm
Be careful of microwaving eggs. They tend to explode easily.
I thought that was the point.
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2006 posts
1024 upvotes
Vancouver
Boilk eggs daily and return back to chickens
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4349 posts
936 upvotes
Regina
i have a cuisinart 9 egger similar to op and it works great, going to start a few right now
Last edited by hordosr on Aug 23rd, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 21, 2019
177 posts
114 upvotes
koalajoe wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 11:37 am
While it might look like an impractical kitchen gadget, it is actually quite useful when you have limited cooking area. I got a similar one for the office and people are happy to make egg salad and sandwiches for lunch.
But lots of storage area for all these gadgets.
Oct 25, 2018
506 posts
545 upvotes
Denkel wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 2:00 pm
Thanks for the warning, I always use the same microwave, with the same amount of eggs and the same time, so I should not get surprises; sometimes one of the eggs breaks, but so far, no explosions... In any case it's work's microwave, so if it explodes, meh! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Great Denkels, tied up the microwave for 15 mins AGAIN. DO YOUR MEAL-PREP SOMEWHERE ELSE DENKEL!!