Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Bilingual) [Blu-ray] -- $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2017 1:37 pm
Dec 15, 2009
97 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Bilingual) [Blu-ray] -- $79.99

I noticed that Star Wars: The Complete Saga is available on Blu-Ray at Amazon Canada for CAD $79.99:

https://www.amazon.ca/Star-Wars-Complet ... 013P2POSC/

According to Camel Camel Camel, that's the lowest it's ever been at Amazon Canada.

Personally, I plan to wait for 4K versions, but this might be a good deal for someone.
12 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11294 posts
6292 upvotes
Ontario
Is it really a complete saga now? I'd wait for a lower price and/or for actual complete saga, when all the movies are released.
Dec 15, 2009
97 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
Andro wrote: Is it really a complete saga now? I'd wait for a lower price and/or for actual complete saga, when all the movies are released.
Very good point. Although, now that Disney owns Star Wars, they'll probably release a new film each year indefinitely.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11294 posts
6292 upvotes
Ontario
GKToronto wrote: Very good point. Although, now that Disney owns Star Wars, they'll probably release a new film each year indefinitely.
You are probably right. Still the price seems a bit high, imo. Great movies though.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2009
1055 posts
603 upvotes
Halifax
GKToronto wrote: Very good point. Although, now that Disney owns Star Wars, they'll probably release a new film each year indefinitely.
Disney has plans to release a Star Wars movie per year, until at least 2030. This is far from "The Complete Saga" at this point...
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9756 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Amazed that this is still the same price as it was roughly 5 years ago.
Dec 15, 2009
97 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote: Amazed that this is still the same price as it was roughly 5 years ago.
Like Apple products, Star Wars DVDs/Blu Ray are rarely discounted or on sale.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2007
1823 posts
197 upvotes
York Region
sonician wrote: Disney has plans to release a Star Wars movie per year, until at least 2030. This is far from "The Complete Saga" at this point...
And most of us will be dead so buy now and enjoy...
GKToronto wrote: Like Apple products, Star Wars DVDs/Blu Ray are rarely discounted or on sale.
There's the reason why it's called $TAR WAR$ !
Purchase from a trusted RFD (seller & buyer) 100% positive feedback. Your assured for a safe and clean transaction. Located in the York Region. Can ship at your expense if paying by EMT, please no trades-PM is the key!
Jun 25, 2009
684 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
well Disney just said they will be making star wars movies for another 10 years+ so it will never be complete
Nov 12, 2016
291 posts
324 upvotes
I would love to see a cleaned up theatrical release on BluRay. Hopefully disney wants to release it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3660 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
I'll wait for the 4K HDR rerelease.
Dec 8, 2008
276 posts
95 upvotes
Coffeebot wrote: I would love to see a cleaned up theatrical release on BluRay. Hopefully disney wants to release it.
vonblock wrote: I'll wait for the 4K HDR rerelease.
Yes to both of these. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Feb 23, 2008
886 posts
87 upvotes
Fox owns the distribution rights for the original and prequel trilogy until 2020 and for "Star Wars" (aka A New Hope aka Episode IV) forever so unless they make a deal with Disney you won't see Episode I - IX together anytime soon as 4K release.

Disney has the rights to only make new films based on George 's ideas at this point

....but apparently the director Gareth Edwards for Rogue One said there is a 4K transfer from the negatives for Episode IV as they referenced that during production of Rogue One. I know when the special editions were being made in 1997 they were doing a 4K transfer with Lowry before the negatives were lost forever or destroyed by George

Perhaps there is hope as Leia promises at the end of Rogue One

It is the 40th anniversary of "Star Wars" so perhaps a 4K release will come with the original Original Trilogy and the Special Editions with a 3rd attempt to modernize the CGI for things like Jabba the Hutt in A New Hope

But as they say the complete Saga so I'm so looking forward to a 4K Jar Jar Binks