Star Wars R2D2 Tamagotchi (Hologram blue) $34.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2021 4:20 pm
[OP]
Nov 27, 2019
21 posts
66 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Star Wars R2D2 Tamagotchi (Hologram blue) $34.99

Only the blue one is up for pre-order right now for $34.99.

Link to the white one (currently out of stock though): https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... /022648-20
Last edited by poiuytrewq123 on Aug 24th, 2021 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
11 replies
Oct 29, 2018
209 posts
191 upvotes
Ohhh, I wonder if they'll have the white one too. I have that on pre-order on amazon.com. Don't mind saving a few dollars.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2017
1029 posts
1094 upvotes
Ontario
$0.01 away from free shipping without prime, how ironic. Any filler recommendations?
Feb 21, 2008
159 posts
265 upvotes
Maybe my math is wrong on this, but it appears to be cheaper to pre-order from Amazon.com and have it shipped to Canada than pre-order from Amazon.ca
[OP]
Nov 27, 2019
21 posts
66 upvotes
motorhead wrote: Maybe my math is wrong on this, but it appears to be cheaper to pre-order from Amazon.com and have it shipped to Canada than pre-order from Amazon.ca
No, your math is right. Amazon.com has them for $19.99 USD each. If you buy one of each colour it comes out to approximately $70 CAD with shipping, taxes, etc. If you buy them on Amazon.ca, it comes out to almost $70 CAD without tax.
Dec 16, 2011
3 posts
1 upvote
Kingston
What is meant by
If you neglect him for too long, the Jawas may take him away!
?
If you don't take care of him is there a penalty before he comes back and you have to go get him or does he just reset?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11533 posts
9159 upvotes
Toronto
poiuytrewq123 wrote: No, your math is right. Amazon.com has them for $19.99 USD each. If you buy one of each colour it comes out to approximately $70 CAD with shipping, taxes, etc. If you buy them on Amazon.ca, it comes out to almost $70 CAD without tax.
Garbage exchange rate, definitely screwing us when it’s cheaper to import it.
May 31, 2016
587 posts
586 upvotes
Man, Disney is milking the brand. Opening up the link and reading the description I feel like I'm looking at a Dollarama toy that costs $35 because Star Wars.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24345 posts
31236 upvotes
Evendesiredusernameistaken wrote: Man, Disney is milking the brand. Opening up the link and reading the description I feel like I'm looking at a Dollarama toy that costs $35 because Star Wars.
The technical term is called 'cape sh..'.

Up until a few years ago I was well into this stuff, until reality and better judgement kicked in.

As it relates to this deal, there's a counter-market in third-party knockoffs for a fraction of the price, if your intent is gifting or re-gifting.

It depends on what you want, I'm quite forgiving and willing to indulge when it comes to tweens and teens into this stuff.
Mar 22, 2018
579 posts
1103 upvotes
Canada
Let's stop filling landfills with this crap
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2617 posts
2563 upvotes
Toronto
Evendesiredusernameistaken wrote: Man, Disney is milking the brand. Opening up the link and reading the description I feel like I'm looking at a Dollarama toy that costs $35 because Star Wars.
Normally you'd be 100% correct on that..But I believe on this case you are not (Disney/Star Wars bits). The price is that because it's Bandai's Tamagotchi, and comparing to other Bandai's Tamagotchi models, $35 is actually on the cheap side.

The cheapest original looks like its this one https://www.amazon.ca/TAMAGOTCHI-42874- ... th=1&psc=1
and you can see the Tamagotchi store here with other model: https://www.amazon.ca/stores/page/C0D4D ... 39B3EE5A9C some are going for 100+ (Japan imports, but still)

I'm not saying it's worth the price, or it isn't a Dollarama toy sort of things, but this I think Disney isn't the one to blame on this

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)