Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Steelseries Apex Pro Gaming Keyboard (51% off, now $126.65).

[OP]
Dec 24, 2019
41 posts
121 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Steelseries Apex Pro Gaming Keyboard (51% off, now $126.65).

Update 5: Sold out at Amazon. Deal is dead :(

Update 4: Sold out at BB.

Can't do price matching anymore for the PRISM keycaps. It's still a good deal just for the keyboard at Amazon.ca though!

Update 2:

So right now, Amazon.ca is selling this keyboard for a ridiculously low price of $126.65, which is the lowest price ever according to CCC. It's got great reviews and the special thing about this KB is that it uses Omnipoint switches which can set the actuation point.

But! To make the deal even better, BestBuy is offering the same KB with Free Prism keycaps (worth $40) as a promotion. The KB is full-price but you can do price-match by contacting their support before you place the order. So in the end, you can get both the keyboard and the Prism keycaps for just $126.65 at BestBuy. [YMMV on this one]

Credits to poster below for info on BB price match!
TSM wrote: Heavy Exclamation Mark SymbolFYI...

If you Price Match through Bestbuy, you get a set of FREE PrismCaps (in black or white) worth $40....

Also, 1% back through Ratuken...

Cheers
Update 3: Tips on Price Matching @ BB.

Price-matching is not guaranteed but some have found success by doing the below:

1. Go to BestBuy website and open chat session with customer support. Ask if they can do price match. They will ask you to link the BB product page and Amazon.ca product page. You don't have to mention the free keycaps.
2. If they say no for any reason (and their reasons can all be different like colors not match, model not match, etc.), don't argue with them & just politely end the session and try again with a different rep.
3. If they say yes, they will ask for you to place the order and give them the order id. Add both the keyboard and keycaps to your cart. It should show full price ($259.99) for keyboard and $0 for keycaps.
4. Place the order and give them the order id. They should be able to give you a case id # and tell you the refund will be granted in a few days.
5. If they say they can't apply the refund for any reason, you can still cancel the order before it gets shipped.

Another note on buying from Amazon: this item is categorized as hazmat for some reason. This means apparently it cannot be returned through normal means. When cancelling my order which was already shipped, I reached out to Amazon customer service and then they asked me to call Purolator to return to sender.

Original post below:

Steelseries came out with a few new keyboards recently and now this older model is on sale. It's still a great keyboard for gaming.

The unique feature (gimmick?) about this keyboard is that it has the Omnipoint switches which allows for actuation adjustment.

According to CCC, this is the lowest price ever.
Last edited by painiyff on Jun 26th, 2022 12:03 am, edited 9 times in total.
108 replies
Nov 6, 2012
415 posts
641 upvotes
Edmonton
Been looking for a good high end kB, thanks
Sep 16, 2017
244 posts
318 upvotes
Toronto
Fantastic deal. Tried this keyboard in store and love it but could not pull trigger because of regular price. In for one. Thx op
[OP]
Dec 24, 2019
41 posts
121 upvotes
This is a mechanical keyboard but it uses a special type of switch with a magnet inside. My friend got this keyboard and said the switch feels really nice. I just pulled the trigger on one as well.

Steelseries did just release the new Omnipoint 2.0 switches recently but so far it's only on their compact-size keyboards and for a hefty price too. This keyboard is still the only one Steelseries offers with the Omnipoint switch that is full-sized. The 2.0 version allows setting the actuation point as low as 0.2mm but to be honest who really would set that low, at that point just touching the keycaps would trigger the switches. The Omnipoint 1.0 switches on this keyboard goes to 0.4mm which is already incredibly low.
Dec 13, 2020
358 posts
593 upvotes
Markham, ON
I have a Cherry MX Brown keyboard, and I don't really like Reds. Would this keyboard possible work for me ? Is it any good for typing / coding ?

+1 OP for an excellent deal regardless!
Last edited by pkamto on Jun 25th, 2022 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2370 posts
1747 upvotes
Is it noisy like other mechanical keyboards
Aug 27, 2011
547 posts
1652 upvotes
I have this keyboard and also the SteelSeries Rival 710 mouse. This is an excellent keyboard. I like it more than my Corsair K95 Platinum XT. The "click" is perfect and is not that noisy.

FYI, it is on sale even more now at $131, 49% off.
Nov 6, 2012
415 posts
641 upvotes
Edmonton
BabyYoda wrote: I have this keyboard and also the SteelSeries Rival 710 mouse. This is an excellent keyboard. I like it more than my Corsair K95 Platinum XT. The "click" is perfect and is not that noisy.

FYI, it is on sale even more now at $131, 49% off.
Nice catch! Cancelled and reordered lol
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5048 posts
7281 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I'd save up for an "entry" custom mechanical keyboard like the Qk65 instead:

A custom or a prebuilt keyboard won't actually help your gaming, but a custom keyboard can feel and sound a lot nicer than one of these gaming keyboards.
Nov 6, 2012
415 posts
641 upvotes
Edmonton
Nikhilvoid wrote: I'd save up for an "entry" custom mechanical keyboard like the Qk65 instead:

A custom or a prebuilt keyboard won't actually help your gaming, but a custom keyboard can feel and sound a lot nicer than one of these gaming keyboards.
I'm actively trying to avoid this rabbit hole by buying prebuilds lol
May 16, 2010
185 posts
118 upvotes
Scarborough
Tried to price match to Canada computers in Scarborough.

They actively refused to price match because and I quote "we already have it on sale so we can't price match it for lower than our sale price"

Wanted to use gift card I had so I guess once again don't shop at Canada computers
Jun 22, 2016
429 posts
319 upvotes
Not important
Thanks OP. Also got the 30 dollar off TD points promo too. Will be a huge upgrade.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7130 posts
3691 upvotes
Debtario
WHY THE F DID I BUY THIS?

I hate you OP :D Got way too many keyboards already, but this omnipoint feature is something I want to try. Original price is nuts, but I'm willing to bet that's because of the OLED screen in the corner - anyone remember the G15 and the G19? anytime a screen appears on a keyboard the price goes through the roof.

Just looking at the design, I noticed the LED placement is identical to that on HyperX keyboards (the LED is raised up almost into the keycap for MOAR RGB). Also noticed they have their own pudding keycaps called steelseries prism keycaps, which look nearly identical to the HyperX pudding keycaps... hmm.

ABS stock keycaps are sad for something in this price range though, Cmon Steelseries!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Dec 16, 2019
242 posts
307 upvotes
Hamilton
OMG don't need a new keyboard but WANT ! Crying Face WHAT DO ?
Oct 18, 2011
378 posts
591 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Is it loud? I have lower end Apex 3 for my son and I believe it's membrane keys which are nice and quiet.
Dec 23, 2010
322 posts
547 upvotes
Toronto
Very good reviews overall. Nice price. I'm very tempted, but I just don't need a new keyboard.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2599 posts
2541 upvotes
Toronto
Nikhilvoid wrote: I'd save up for an "entry" custom mechanical keyboard like the Qk65 instead:

While I'm also all for custom, it's really an apples to oranges comparison.

Like OLED display, magnetic wrist rest, usb pass thru, software integrations... all those features can be valid selling points.

At $135, on this market, it's a incredible buy.

Personally I don't value much those features, but I'm sure many do. And making those on a custom will cost probably 5-10x this price hahah
Aug 27, 2011
547 posts
1652 upvotes
There is one minor thing I don’t like about this keyboard or in fact is all SS hardware. It is the software. If you choose to display system utilization like cpu, ram and temperature, the software has an annoying issue that every time you start your computer you need to grant security permission for the software to access the system info. I haven’t figured out how to get around this issue yet. If you know how to solve this issue, please share.

Otherwise it is a perfect keyboard.
Sep 17, 2015
157 posts
509 upvotes
BC
Coming from a Logitech G710+, I was going for a G910... but then you had to show me this. YOU JUST HAD TO. Now I'm going SteelSeries instead, I guess. THANK YOU I guess.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)