Hot Deals

Amazon.ca Boxing Day

SteelSeries Arctis 7P+ Wireless Gaming Headset Black - $149.99 (32% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2022 12:18 pm
[OP]
Jan 17, 2012
105 posts
142 upvotes
Ontario

[Amazon.ca] [Boxing Day] SteelSeries Arctis 7P+ Wireless Gaming Headset Black - $149.99 (32% off)

Good deal for a solid wireless gaming headset.

Have been waiting for a deal on the Arctis Nova 7 after missing out on BF but might jump on this one instead.
Last edited by 1010 on Dec 25th, 2022 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
34 replies
Oct 31, 2022
44 posts
106 upvotes
Anyone have any personal experience with these? Looking to upgrade my audio experience on PS5. Currently using Sony wired earbuds (forget the product but it's the one with enhanced base which I've been buying for years). Looking for something specifically to enhance my single player gaming experience.
Mar 14, 2022
31 posts
34 upvotes
AllyMcCoist wrote: Anyone have any personal experience with these? Looking to upgrade my audio experience on PS5. Currently using Sony wired earbuds (forget the product but it's the one with enhanced base which I've been buying for years). Looking for something specifically to enhance my single player gaming experience.
I have the 7p's, I believe the difference between the two is just that 7p+ has better battery and can charge with usb-c. Love the 7P's. Super cozy, good audio that you can also adjust to your liking with their desktop app.
Jun 22, 2018
113 posts
173 upvotes
Was debating between this and the HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless, which are apparently slightly better. It's also on sale but at not the lowest price its been.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7547 posts
8310 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
AllyMcCoist wrote: Anyone have any personal experience with these? Looking to upgrade my audio experience on PS5. Currently using Sony wired earbuds (forget the product but it's the one with enhanced base which I've been buying for years). Looking for something specifically to enhance my single player gaming experience.
This is straight-up either the best or second-best headset you can get for the PS5.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1428 posts
1280 upvotes
I have the Arctis 1. It's similar but doesn't have some of the QoL upgrades that 7P brings but I believe the main audio driver is the same. The audio is pretty decent for a non-audiophile like me. Audiophiles probably will find better sounding pairs but you also won't be paying $150 for them.

The best thing for me is that the audio is lagless, or damn near unnoticeable, making it perfect for gaming. It doesn't use bluetooth but use a USB dongle that can attach to pretty much anything with a USB-C port. And that includes Nintendo Switch as well. If you don't have USB-C, It should also include a USB-A male to USB-C female cable where you can convert the dongle into a USB-A connection instead.

The Arctis 1 has a removable mic but I believe the Arctis 7P's mic is retractable. I believe the build is also supposedly a bit better (Arctis 1 uses plastic headband I believe). On my Arctis 1 there's also a 3.5mm connection so if you run out of battery you can use that instead. Not sure if Arctis 7P has it, but I'll assume it does. The battery also lasts a good while, I've used it on/off for the better half of the day and it's still going. I think it's supposed to be about ~30h per charge? Not sure if that's true but definitely feels like it.

SteelSeries also has a desktop app/program where you can adjust the EQ balance, timeout, firmware update and such.

Now onto things I don't like...

The dongle is kinda... fat. It's not huge by any means, but it also isn't the most convenient dongle for the purpose. On my laptop it conveniently blocks one of my USB-A port so I end up always just using the USB-A extension instead. It also sits JUST outside of my phone's protective casing so I ended up using an exactoknife to scrape off a good chunk of my case (T____T) to make it fit. It wasn't pretty, but hey, it worked. As a side note, the dongle can get a little warm, but nothing scorching.

The connection can also get iffy at times. I've had quite a few occasions where the audio just dropped off and I had to turn off/on my headphone again to resume the connection. It can also get damn near unconnectable on windy days if you are using it outdoor. It uses a 2.4Ghz connection but somehow it's like the wind blows all of it away.

The mic, I think it's serviceable but definitely isn't top of the line stuff. You can hear the voice clearly and such but I think the quality can be better.

----

For the price though it's definitely a good deal if you're on the hunt for a wireless gaming headset. I'm even contemplating getting this 7P as a backup in case mine breaks. Nowadays I just use it to listen to Spotify and I love the convenience and comfort. Despite the flaws I mentioned I definitely love this headset more than any other headset/TWS ear pieces I've had thus far.
RFD: Pick any two.
  • In stock
  • Low Price
  • Quality Product
Jun 13, 2012
189 posts
297 upvotes
Calgary
I'm not gonna lie, I have the 2019 version of this and it's still going strong to this date. Battery life is still insane, albeit I only charge when it is dead.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3246 posts
2253 upvotes
Montreal
singlefate wrote: Was debating between this and the HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless, which are apparently slightly better. It's also on sale but at not the lowest price its been.
I got the Cloud alpha wireless on black Friday. They were at $170. I've charged it on the day of fully and I used them for about 5 hours a day and I'm still at about 50% charge... I don't know how it makes sense but it's black magic or something. They're super comfortable and charging when I do need to charge its great to have usb-c. I was looking at the steelseries but the battery life was always my #1 thing and this thing is a beast and does everything else well. It's just not that attractive of a design but I don't care much. Oh and it's also the headset with the best range I've had. I can keep them on while I go to the bathroom with no interruption. I had several corsair and Logitech and they would all cut out when I left my room
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1340 posts
1976 upvotes
Only the black variant on sale. Is it because people think it's PS4 colours etc. Everyone wants matching white for the PS5?
Nov 20, 2015
272 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have these and use them for my PS5. As others have stated, battery life is outstanding. Mic and sound is average to slightly above average. I had an issue with it not charging and customer service advised me to hard reset it (remove the ear pad and use a pin to press the button), which thankfully fixed the problem. I wanted A50s, but this fit my budget and do not regret the purchase.
Jan 9, 2022
26 posts
18 upvotes
Not to derail the thread, are there any that are worth getting for maybe $50-75? These at $150 are going to be better ofc
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3246 posts
2253 upvotes
Montreal
dokeeg wrote: Not to derail the thread, are there any that are worth getting for maybe $50-75? These at $150 are going to be better ofc
Logitech G533 or Corsair HS70 occasionally go on sale to $80 ish. Those are the ones I've had before my cloud alphas and I was content with the price I paid.
Feb 5, 2015
30 posts
19 upvotes
Montreal, QC
jamesw99 wrote: I have these and use them for my PS5. As others have stated, battery life is outstanding. Mic and sound is average to slightly above average. I had an issue with it not charging and customer service advised me to hard reset it (remove the ear pad and use a pin to press the button), which thankfully fixed the problem. I wanted A50s, but this fit my budget and do not regret the purchase.
This happens often every now and then. Gotta say it gets annoying hard resetting everytime, but other than that, they're great.
PC:
ASRock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 Wifi AX
Ryzen 7 3700X
Radeon 5700XT
1 TB M.2 NVME Sabrent
Oct 17, 2008
116 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
daviiiiiid wrote: I got the Cloud alpha wireless on black Friday. They were at $170. I've charged it on the day of fully and I used them for about 5 hours a day and I'm still at about 50% charge... I don't know how it makes sense but it's black magic or something. They're super comfortable and charging when I do need to charge its great to have usb-c. I was looking at the steelseries but the battery life was always my #1 thing and this thing is a beast and does everything else well. It's just not that attractive of a design but I don't care much. Oh and it's also the headset with the best range I've had. I can keep them on while I go to the bathroom with no interruption. I had several corsair and Logitech and they would all cut out when I left my room
If I could get the cloud alpha for 170 now, I would. But since they’re 200, I’ll settle for the 7p+.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2003
1418 posts
728 upvotes
I I have the regular 7s hooked up to my ps5 and the sound quality is underwhelming, you really have to apply an aggressive EQ (something like this: http://imgur.com/a/ri65R) to get them to sound "okay" (which you can only do with the wireless receiver, so you'll have to un hook it from your Playstation and back to your PC every time you want adjust the EQ

The volume wheel is also known to get really loose after a while, and is in an annoying place where you'll accidentally change the volume whenever you take them off...

They also don't get very loud, so you'll pretty much always have the close to max volume.

The battery life is pretty good

I don't have any experience with other headsets, so I don't know if there's better options

Overall they're not bad
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44558 posts
7779 upvotes
Buyer beware. Bought the Arctis 7+ in June. Crapped out in November. Was a hassle to go through the warranty process. Had to send videos and such.

Replacement doesn’t have new warranty. Has warranty that’s left over from the original purchase.

Again buyer beware. Stick with a better brand.
Blanka
Nov 23, 2018
240 posts
495 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Asherxx wrote: Isn't 9x a better deal as it's 169$?
P is for Playstation and X is for Xbox so technically they do not target the same consumers.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1754 posts
1013 upvotes
Opacac wrote: I'm not gonna lie, I have the 2019 version of this and it's still going strong to this date. Battery life is still insane, albeit I only charge when it is dead.
Same here, I bought a pair of white colored ones in may 2020 for $79.99USD. Still going strong and great buid/quality!
Oct 19, 2016
525 posts
222 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: This is straight-up either the best or second-best headset you can get for the PS5.
Out of curiosity what would potentially be better?

Also, can it work wired into an Xbox controller? (I know the usb/wireless mode wont work)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)